Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RIP- Wrestler Dusty Rhodes dead at 69

War Paint

As a kid growing up in the 80's and a huge NWA wrestling fan way more than a WWF fan this one hurts. Some of my best memories as a kid is watching old NWA wrestling with my Dad. I also got to see Dusty wrestle in the 80's in person. RIP Dusty and thanks for all the great memories of my youth. You will be missed.

I stopped watching wrestling back around 2003/2004 or so. Started to get bored.  But became a fan of it way back in 1970 when dad got stationed in Fort Carson and we had some new thing called cable. ;) I remember the late Hercules Cortez being one of the wrestlers I watched.  Moved around a bit after that until 1975 when we moved to NOVA. Started watching WWF on channel 20. We had a wrestlemania party in my room when I was in the Air Force. Bunch of 18-to early 20 something year olds watching Pro Wrestling and drinking lot's of beer. Yeah. The furniture in the room and around the dorm took a beating that night. Definitely a fan for man years with some fun memories. :)

That's great

I thought only the 7-8 ppl that regularly post in the wrestling thread would be the only ones with memories of dusty

Glad that isn't the case

One thing I learned a long time ago is that there are a lot of closet wrestling fans. Plus, Dusty is on the shortlist of household names in wrestling history.

Archived