Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haszard County: The official '15 OTA's/Camp Twitter thread, Duke & the Schreff, Boss Hog!

SWFLSkins

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL 3m3 minutes ago

From last night - A fresh look at the #Redskins offense: Week 15 against the Giants http://wpo.st/bLnQ0

CSN Redskins @CSNRedskins 9m9 minutes ago

ICYMI: Who will be the phenom at Redskins training camp this summer? http://ow.ly/PGWfs  #RedskinsTalk

CKCbPinWcAADU2C.jpg

Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider 16m16 minutes ago

NFL sets calendar of key dates for 2016 http://fw.to/6pILzTj

David Elfin @davidelfin 28m28 minutes ago

#Redskins executed major overhaul this offseason. Will it work? Today's Daily Dose delves into that at: http://davidelfinonsports.com

Is it OK for non gays to say they don't believe in gays..or don't agree with it? Or think its wrong?...with out being educated? because no amount of education proves being gay is the way to be...I'm just so confused out here under this rock with no gays..oh and I say this with had having a lesbian sister

Its not about whether you believe its right or wrong, that's between you and whatever you believe, regardless of how I feel. That has nothing to do with the comments he made and the ignorance he showed, and its not the least bit surprising that you and Stefan were the guys upthread not getting it.

What the heck is all this "Dez is the best WR in the game" talk? Are you guys serious?!

The guy has never led the league in any category other than last year when he led in TDs. That's a big one, but that's the only category he's EVER led the league in, and the only year he's EVER done it.

He's good, but "best"?

Yes exactly what I'm talking about ..my best friend here tried telling me he thought dez was the best wide receiver in the NFL he's a Dolphins fan so that right there says he doesn't know better lol don't get me wrong Dez Bryant has talent he's good I don't think he's any better than Pierre Garcon though and I think Pierre Garcon has way better hands than Dez Bryant

Its not about whether you believe its right or wrong, that's between you and whatever you believe, regardless of how I feel. That has nothing to do with the comments he made and the ignorance he showed, and its not the least bit surprising that you and Stefan were the guys upthread not getting it.

That comment I posted had nothing to do with what who ever was talking about whatever if that makes scence lol

We got people on here that are now asserting Garcon is as good as Dez Bryant? Wow.

The polite thing to do is for these people to pass whatever they're smoking to the left hand side.

Mmm sour d here but seriously you don't think qarcon is as talented as dez?...I guarantee qarcon has better hands I know that

That comment I posted had nothing to do with what who ever was talking about whatever if that makes scence lol

Mmm sour d here but seriously you don't think qarcon is as talented as dez?...I guarantee qarcon has better hands I know that

This is a joke, right?

It's these kinds of deflecting, hyperbolic, and unfounded posts that really bring the board down sometimes.  I think that a lot of people (just saw a great exchange between Jumbo and Skinsinparadise yesterday i think) are really trying to tone down on the sweeping generalizations and opinions poorly dressed as "facts."

You'll be taken more seriously if you can do something like that.  And spell his name correctly.

I would still put Calvin Johnson 1 and Dez 2. But CJ has fallen off a bit with injuries the past couple years which is why I think you can argue Dez is #1.

Dez has size, speed and really good hands. He attacks the ball in the air, possibly best in game at it and can be used multiple ways. He's the complete package.

Who else would it be?

I would still put Calvin Johnson 1 and Dez 2. But CJ has fallen off a bit with injuries the past couple years which is why I think you can argue Dez is #1.

Dez has size, speed and really good hands. He attacks the ball in the air, possibly best in game at it and can be used multiple ways. He's the complete package.

Who else would it be?

It's not a slam dunk. There are guys on his level. AJ Green has been doing it on a much less talented offense. And he doesn't have the baggage. Julio is a complete beast. Mega of course. Those 4 are tier 1 imo and you could make an argument for any of them.

Putting Calvin to the side because I don't know how much you take injuries to account, I think I would rank the other 3 AJ, Dez, Julio.  AJ's not quite as big as Dez, but tall.  DJax-like adjustments to the ball in the air.  Stellar hands.  Great route runner.  None of Dez's baggage.

...I think Pierre Garcon has way better hands than Dez Bryant.

I completely agree there. Pierre is pretty consistent as far as his drop % goes. That's one of the saving graces in Garcon's game, that and he's physical. I think Dez is a great receiver, maybe even top 5, but that's arguable. I don't think he's the best in the league. I'd go with Thomas or even Megatron still with his superior track record.

Yeah but Dez had to face our defense twice last year. That's why he's the best...

lol That certainly contributed to his "greatness". Actually, the first game against the Skins last year was one of his worst for the season.

Dez isn't the best (yet anyway) but hes close to being the best WR in the NFL. If he was on our team I would be happy (well, just as long as he doesn't get in trouble like he's been known to do).

Also, I saw a tweet that was posted in here where some guy involved with the NFL pretty much reported that we should expect an NFL spring league by 2016...what would that involve? Would vets play in this spring league? Or would this be for rookies and those players that haven't quite made it in the NFL yet? I mean, could this actually happen?

It's not a slam dunk....

I'd add Thomas to that, but I agree with the rest. Dez has great hands, but I do believe Garcon has better hands. I don't know if it's 10xs better, but Garcon has great hands and attacks the ball as well. Dez is bigger, has a much better QB than anyone we've had since he's been here (with the exception of Griffin's first season, when Garcon had career numbers (IIRC). 

Now, if we had Matthew Stafford or Romo, then I'd suspect Garcon's numbers would be up there too. I still wouldn't put him in the top 5, like I would with the others, but his issues have nothing to do with his hands or his willingness to fight for the ball. That's what he's always been lauded for (good hands and his physicality).

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 4m4 minutes ago

ICYMI—Need to Know: What are the #Redskins' strongest units? http://wp.me/pAil9-3UC  #RedskinsTalk

CKCgMmEUsAEYjME.png

EAGSportsManagement @EAGSports 9m9 minutes ago

Looking good as always @DeSeanJackson11 arriving at the #ESPY2015 in Style!!! @redskins #httr #deseanjackson

CKDFKoVUkAIJoEw.jpg

Washington Redskins @redskinsbuzztap 10m10 minutes ago

http://hogshaven.com  >> Washington Redskins Player Profiles: Alfred Morris http://buzztap.com/-xas0dW 

keon howard @tbh_yolo 15m15 minutes ago

Good Workout this morning with Akeem Davis. Washington Redskins Safety @Da_DREAM47 thanks Big Bro.

CKDEIaXUwAAUA0m.jpg

Stephen Czarda @StephenCzarda 16m16 minutes ago

#TBT to that time @AWalkerRedskins got in the way of a great shot of @DeAngeloHall23 at #SkinsCamp

CKDEGcXVEAAvGRr.jpg

Jimmy /J.I./ Halsell @SalaryCap101 2m2 minutes ago

ProjCap% over first 3 years of their deals, #Cowboys Bryant=10%, #Broncos Thomas=9.6%, Wallace=9.5%. Megatron=13.6% | http://nflcontractmetrics.com/deals-projected-cap-percentage-free/ 

Now, if we had Matthew Stafford or romoSUCKS, then I'd suspect Garcon's numbers would be up there too. I still wouldn't put him in the top 5, like I would with the others, but his issues have nothing to do with his hands or his willingness to fight for the ball. That's what he's always been lauded for (good hands and his physicality).

BINGO!!!

Archived