Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haszard County: The official '15 OTA's/Camp Twitter thread, Duke & the Schreff, Boss Hog!

SWFLSkins

I've seen our mediocre secondary take him out of games too many times to consider him 'the best'.  Last year he had one big game and one bad game, in 2013 he had one bad game and one good (?) game (1 td but under 100 yds).  In 2012 he had two good games but the Cowboys were getting wrecked in the big game he had, they were throwing for their lives.  I usually only watch two cowboy games a year but I sure don't see the best receiver in the league, I see a guy gets shut down by rookies and goes away too often.

...and that's why there is Around the NFL... Not in a Redskins tweet page arguing about a Cowboy

It's a small offshoot of a huge thread that just keeps on advancing, not a big deal. Happens all the time in here.

I've seen our mediocre secondary take him out of games too many times to consider him 'the best'.  Last year he had one big game and one bad game, in 2013 he had one bad game and one good (?) game (1 td but under 100 yds).  In 2012 he had two good games but the Cowboys were getting wrecked in the big game he had, they were throwing for their lives.  I usually only watch two cowboy games a year but I sure don't see the best receiver in the league, I see a guy gets shut down by rookies and goes away too often.

That's a pretty strong opinion based on an admittedly small amount of evidence. Not sure why you'd take a stand in that situation, personally. That's a pretty small sample size to be judging off of. I'm more surprised that you see only two Cowboys games a year (obviously ours). Do you not watch division games we're not in, or nationally televised games? The Cowboys are on constantly.

Silas Redd Jr. @ThirdEyeSi_ 29m29 minutes ago

Missin @jessiereine odeeee

Niles Paul @Niles_Paul84 28m28 minutes ago

@ThirdEyeSi_ you back at the crib for the camp?

@Niles_Paul84 I'm out Houston training bro 1f614.png

Niles Paul @Niles_Paul84 20m20 minutes ago

@ThirdEyeSi_ just said forget all about the Ry Guy & his event huh. You've changed bro

Silas Redd Jr. @ThirdEyeSi_ 18m18 minutes ago

@Niles_Paul84 lol nah man I let him know I couldn't make it.. I'm just tryna grind so I can get a check like yours 1f440.png

Niles Paul @Niles_Paul84 17m17 minutes ago

@ThirdEyeSi_ you down there with Trent & them?

Silas Redd Jr. @ThirdEyeSi_ 17m17 minutes ago

@Niles_Paul84 yea gettin bodied 1f613.png lol

NFL @NFL 46m46 minutes ago

Top 5 Deep Threats (via @BuckyBrooks): 5. @KSTiLLS 4. @ThaBestUNO 3-1. http://bit.ly/1MdAOzB 

CKEHlqDW8AQ3wE5.jpg

Guess who is #1

...and that's why there is Around the NFL... Not in a Redskins tweet page arguing about a Cowboy

I post what interests me and what may effect the Redskins during the season, if a tweet doesn't meet your expectations skip it and go on to the next.

Niles Paul @Niles_Paul84 31m31 minutes ago

Told a shorty one time at this event that her breath was wolfin, ain't heard from her since

I was just trying to be a good friend tho

Niles Paul @Niles_Paul84 29m29 minutes ago

Im convinced that people don't really like to hear the truth.

It's not a slam dunk. There are guys on his level. AJ Green has been doing it on a much less talented offense. And he doesn't have the baggage. Julio is a complete beast. Mega of course. Those 4 are tier 1 imo and you could make an argument for any of them.

Putting Calvin to the side because I don't know how much you take injuries to account, I think I would rank the other 3 AJ, Dez, Julio.  AJ's not quite as big as Dez, but tall.  DJax-like adjustments to the ball in the air.  Stellar hands.  Great route runner.  None of Dez's baggage.

Did Antonio Brown kill your puppy or something? The numbers don't lie. He's gotta be top 5 imo. 

I'd prob rank it -

1. Megatron

2. Dez

3. Brown

4. Julio

5. Demaryius

Nelson and Green just missing out. 

Dude, relax I was kidding about the brisket

CKEDw8zXAAIF495.jpg

Washington Redskins @Redskins 7m7 minutes ago

#TBT http://redsk.in/1fNuj9F 

CKEVLrEVEAAiUSz.jpg

David Hale @DavidHaleESPN 20m20 minutes ago

David Hale retweeted Chris Thompson

Don't do it.

David Hale added,

Chris Thompson @ChrisThompson_4
Anyone ever had a the seafood sub at subway?

some of the cowboy stuff did feature a Redskins player as part of it...

but anyway, you seem to think you're a mod today, amigo...i know we just got some sad news, but dial it down..stuff like that can be fine in here and it's been that way all along in the thread on all kinds of "in-between/during tweets" tangents....until and unless Hap or other staff says otherwise...there's not even been any, let alone widespread, thread chatter of "no cowboy talk" for instance, though you're acting like you have that say...

now if Hap wants to tall BLiz, "ok, that's enough". then that's how it's supposed to work...if he don't care, I'd let it go a bit more but not like into two more pages lol it is very dead news wise right now anyhow..

Touché... My apologies Jumbo and Hap. No disrespect intended.

Thanks Redbeast for the msg., I know you are good dude, and all good dudes miss the mark some times, but are man enough to admit it. 

btw, here is the doc I call when needed....which is often at times. .... 

One stop shopping.

lol that can't be real lol

NationalFootballPost ‏@FootballPost  3m3 minutes ago

Enroll in the next session of Intro to Scouting. Change the way you watch football (code: SUMMER100) http://ow.ly/PCDNV 

Would be interesting if someone signed up from ES.

Int

I'd love to be a scout. I wonder what their avg. starting salary is? mid-thirties?

\ " The Redskins haven't had a punt returned for a touchdown since 2008."? 

I thought that little guy we had a few years ago scored on a punt return...

\\ The dynamic duo of Tarik El-Bashir and Rich Tandler of CSNWashington.com gave their training camp players to watch: drafted rookie Jamison Crowdericon-article-link.gif and undrafted rookie Trey Williamsicon-article-link.gif.

I liked that video clip of Trey Wolfe - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyMaSZU_lOc

That's a pretty strong opinion based on an admittedly small amount of evidence. Not sure why you'd take a stand in that situation, personally. That's a pretty small sample size to be judging off of. I'm more surprised that you see only two Cowboys games a year (obviously ours). Do you not watch division games we're not in, or nationally televised games? The Cowboys are on constantly.

I wouldn't call it a stand per se, dez bryant's ranking isn't a hill to die on.  If there's a non-Skins game it'll be on usually as background noise or a convenient excuse to avoid chores, but I'm not paying intense attention for the most part (there are exceptions).  I can only judge what I see.  He gets taken out of games, he seems easy to beat psychologically, the best WR in the game shouldn't exhibit those tendencies.

I know real football and fantasy football are two very different worlds, but videos like this are the reason I'm snagging RG3 as my backup.  He's going UNDRAFTED in most mocks behind Winston, Mariota, Bridgewater, Cutler, Kapernick,  and Flacco and his upside is better than any of them.

ICYMI: Six Vines just to remind people that RGIII was once Jesus in a quarterback's body-https://vine.co/v/erMbJeLUuWE  http://barelyinbounds.com/2015/07/15/talent-doesnt-just-disappear-6-vines-that-will-remind-people-just-what-rg3-is-capable-

When we drafted Griffin, could we ever have anticipated his issues throwing the deep ball? He was one of the best deep ball prospects ever, it seemed like. So bizarre.

IMHO it's a symptom of his breakdown in mechanics in general. He threw a great deep ball during his rookie year as well (although we didn't have the receivers to exploit it)

Archived