Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Non-Winter Weather Thread

d0ublestr0ker0ll

Something is wrong with the weather because it was cold as **** from January to April and then cold as **** from October on. I do not live in Canada or Finland. I do not live in Siberia. The weather here is expected to be ****ing MODERATE.

If I lived in Chicago or Boston or buffalo I wouldn't complain but us district folk aren't used to this cold weather. It was single digits earlier this year! That doesn't happen here! It's not the north pole! So **** weather and Arctic chill and polar vortex and whatever weather anomalies are responsible for turning a region where 50 - 60 degrees is the norm into the ****ing Arctic Circle.

Been in the 30s here in the Charlotte area the last few mornings. Put on a light jacket in the AM. Been in the high 60s, low 70s during the day. It doesn't really feel that cold since it hasn't been cold for a long period of time.

But I've never really "bundled up" in the winter. Cold doesn't bother me as much as the heat.

Edited by pjfootballer

Could rain sunday morning, maybe in to the afternoon, game-goers.

Tomorrow (thursday) could possibly be the last warm day of the year. Upper 70s and sunny. Will drop in to the 60s friday and stay that way until late next week where it'll get even colder. Rain looks like it wants to come along with it. Yikes.

• Like 1

mid-30s the last few nights and it's been pouring rain since Tuesday.  Weather dude said that, if it were about 5-6 degrees colder at night, Denver would be looking at 6-8 inches of snow since Tuesday evening LOL

Bout time to fire up a 2015-2016 official winter thread lol

Edited by Chew

Hurricane Patricia has become the strongest hurricane ever recorded in the eastern Pacific with maximum sustained winds of 200 mph. The catastrophic Category 5 is on track to make landfall in the Mexican state of Jalisco in the next 12 to 18 hours and cause widespread destruction.

image_40.jpg

http://www.weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/hurricane-patricia-mexico-coast

It looks like Patricia is now the strongest storm ever recorded in the western hemisphere.

Horrible situation in Mexico :(

---------------

Edit: Yep, just went through all the cat 5 tropical cyclones ever recorded. Patricia is the strongest ever in the western hemisphere, and second-strongest ever* with 200 mph sustained winds. For perspective: Hurricanes Andrew and Katrina had 175 mph sustained winds. The second strongest in the western hemisphere was Hurricane Allen in 1980, with 190 mph sustained winds.

*In the eastern hemisphere, only two stand up to Patricia. Typhoon Ida in 1958 was recorded as having 200 mph sustained winds, and Typhoon Nancy in 1961 was recorded as having 215 mph sustained winds. However, it's been determined that measurements and estimations of wind speeds from the 1940s to 1960s were excessive. So perhaps Patricia IS the strongest storm ever.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Think we may have to start the winter thread next week. No current winter precip threats on the horizon, but there's every indication that by the second week of November winterish temps (highs in the 40s, lows in the 20s-low 30s) will be visiting and spending some quality time with us.

ohhhhhh snap!  They're calling for rain Thursday, and the overnight low is going to be 28.  if the rain holds off until evening/overnight, Denver will have it's first snowfall of the season.  1-2 inches expected.  Somebody fire up the official winter weather thread lol

• Like 1

We've got heavy rain & some storms, I'm hearing it's stretching all the way into the Carolinas. It's knocked my Dish out about a half dozen times already this morning, but all is good now,...for how long... How you fellas doin?

Overcast in the DMV today, no rain though. Tomorrow's forecast is 72 and sunny :)

Temps will be pretty steady this week, but they look like they'll drop during the weekend. Sunday looks chilly. Highs in the 50s Lows in the 30s.

ohhhhhh snap! They're calling for rain Thursday, and the overnight low is going to be 28. if the rain holds off until evening/overnight, Denver will have it's first snowfall of the season. 1-2 inches expected. Somebody fire up the official winter weather thread lol

Just read this on the NWS Facebook page:

The first significant winter storm of the fall season will impact much of the Colorado Rockies Wednesday and Thursday. Winter Storm Warnings are in effect for heavy snow and strong winds. Travel will become hazardous. Snowfall could exceed 1 foot at the higher elevations.

Well that escalated quickly...