Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

He may have been TOLD he had total control, but until he's the one signing the checks, he'd never truly have it. It's nice to say though.

That's bull****. Somebody with his clout would have had it in his contract. So embedded that the only way to get them to give up front office control would be firing him.

If he said he did, and it turns out he is that dumb to not make sure he really has it. Then that's on him.

Well.

Liz Clarke essentially told Squeaky exactly what sort of ass he's been behaving like in her phone interview during "Skins at 1" she couched it with a lot of hemming and hawing about the national media, but what she said was exactly leveled at him, and she pulled absolutely no punches.

Squeaky never said another word to her til it was time to say good-bye, and he's been pretty subdued ever since.

best bit on that show in a long damn time.

Hope they put it in the podcasts so i can save it forever.

~Bang

Saw one person giving her props for being balanced during her interview. No mention of Thom.

Would be nice if folks were doing the whole "Heard @lizclarketweet put @thomloverro in his place today. Humanity is grateful"

That's bull****. Somebody with his clout would have had it in his contract. So embedded that the only way to get them to give up front office control would be firing him.

If he said he did, and it turns out he is that dumb to not make sure he really has it. Then that's on him.

Don't you think that if it was in his contract that he would've exercised it?

I think the total control thing is a myth. Or at minimum, people misunderstand it. It's probably more an abstract concept rather than a specific thing. Total control in Shanahan's case is that there's no GM making decisions, not that Snyder can't exert his influence at the top of the org chart and overrule him. Rich guys always maintain some control. That's how they stay rich.

I think the total control thing is a myth. Or at minimum, people misunderstand it. It's probably more an abstract concept rather than a specific thing. Total control in Shanahan's case is that there's no GM making decisions, not that Snyder can't exert his influence at the top of the org chart and overrule him. Rich guys always maintain some control. That's how they stay rich.

I think he did. I think he liked the idea of McNabb at the time. I think he felt that his rep with QBs post Elway was unfair and wanted to prove it with RG3 that he could develop one.

I don't think they made any move he didn't sign off on. Not a single one. He wasn't a 1st time head coach. He was the Coach and VP of Football Operations....the GM. 

I don't like Snyder and think Allen has STUNK. But Shanny is no the victim here. 

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants
  • Like 2

Or maybe he's just lying, and he made those decisions and hindsight realizes he'd rather someone else take the blame. 

When it comes to the other teams, I can't stand anytime the Nats are mentioned on DC Sports radio, I immediately turn it off or change the station. But I eat up everything Wizards, so when they rarely mention them, even during the regular season and playoffs, I get ticked because I know they talked about the Wizards more when the Arenas drama happened and when they sucked. 

Edited by Gamebreaker
  • Like 1

Dan Snyder has been a terrible owner, but to think he over rode the wishes of Gibbs or Shanahan (or spurrier- remember the gator-skins) regarding player acquisition is nuts.

Kind of like everybody hating Goodell, therefore Brady couldn't possibly be guilty.

Shanahan is a great coach, but not a good GM. It's why he got fired in Denver, and probably why he didn't get hired after 4 interviews this past off season. He demands full control.

• Like 1

They'll have a field day today, and I won't complain a bit.

(So long as they stick to football.. Andy Poly already tried to say that a photo of McCloughan talking to Griffin before the game undermines Gruden.. and was quickly shut down.)

But there's nothing they can say that would be too outrageous in criticizing Griffin today.

~Bang

They'll have a field day today, and I won't complain a bit.

(So long as they stick to football.. Andy Poly already tried to say that a photo of McCloughan talking to Griffin before the game undermines Gruden.. and was quickly shut down.)

But there's nothing they can say that would be too outrageous in criticizing Griffin today.

~Bang

Today is a music day I think. Maybe a podcast. Stuff You Should Know, Nerdist, TedTalk. Something different. 

Hey, i know a guy who does a podcast. And they just put their first episode of their 11th season out. 

You can hear him make fun of Donovan McNabb getting arrested.

and all you gotta do is click below... or so i'm told.

~Plug

Edited by Bang
  • Like 2

I did it again. Gave 980 a few min while driving back from lunch. Kevin and Thom were going after some national article that was breaking down all the reasons for the Skins/RG3 issues. When they got to Shanny.....Kevin tried to hold back....but couldn't. Shanny's only fault was that he wasn't more like Marty in taking charge.

I hate myself 

I did it again. Gave 980 a few min while driving back from lunch. Kevin and Thom were going after some national article that was breaking down all the reasons for the Skins/RG3 issues. When they got to Shanny.....Kevin tried to hold back....but couldn't. Shanny's only fault was that he wasn't more like Marty in taking charge.

I hate myself 

I haven't listened to Sports Talk in weeks. I feel liberated. On a side note, I saw a tweet that said "JReid is going to Blow!" I'll just leave that there....

I haven't listened to Sports Talk in weeks. I feel liberated. On a side note, I saw a tweet that said "JReid is going to Blow!" I'll just leave that there....

Haven't listened at all during the preseason and didn't really much during training camp either. It's really nice.

Hell, I've been pretty much out of the Stadium as well. I know the Skins suck, I don't need it reinforced daily.

• Like 2

Classless 980 plays goodbye music to Griffin on the MMQB show. Sheehan, to his credit said it was mean but didn't object to much. Reid seemed to not have a problem with it. And Pollin outright said,"so what? I don't have my jersey on today."

The amount glee they exuded in discussing how Griffin was done is just disgusting. This is the sports radio personalities in this town at their worst. They love to rip people down and dance on their grave.

• Like 1

Classless 980 plays goodbye music to Griffin on the MMQB show. Sheehan, to his credit said it was mean but didn't object to much. Reid seemed to not have a problem with it. And Pollin outright said,"so what? I don't have my jersey on today."

The amount glee they exuded in discussing how Griffin was done is just disgusting. This is the sports radio personalities in this town at their worst. They love to rip people down and dance on their grave.

Just low class nasty bull**** by everyone of them.

"griffin ran off the coaching staff that gave him the best chance to be successful"- kevn sheehan.

ok. while i'm perfectly fine with griffin being difficult or even uncoachable, lets not forget a couple of things here. first, mike picked him. second, mike shanahan made more than enough mistakes- outside of picking this guy- to warrant being fired. 

lets not pretend that this team was a competent QB away from being good under mike shanahan. 

typical sheehan revisionist history, lips firmly planted on mikes tanned rear end. 

• Like 1

I agree with that sentiment Grego, but at the same time i think when Reid said right after that now he's alone.. i thought that made sense in terms of Griffin's future.

I figured they'd be hard to take today, but so far i haven't minded so much..   maybe it's the overall feeling of relief that we seem to have made the right decision in regards to the football team.

Interesting times. If / once RG is gone, i'll be interested to see if there are any other tunes Reid might know.

~Bang

• Like 1