Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Examiner:Teens storm theater: Ocoee theater in Fla. stormed by hundreds of brawling teens

Zguy28

Teens storm theater: Ocoee theater in Fla. stormed by hundreds of brawling teens

http://www.examiner.com/article/teens-storm-theater-ocoee-theater-fla-stormed-by-hundreds-of-brawling-teens

Rollicking teens, hundreds strong, storm an Ocoee theater in Florida in a social media-organized anarchism Saturday night. The unruly mob of teenagers reportedly attempted to force their way into the movie theater to see the salacious showing of the erotic book turned skin flick, Fifty Shades of Grey. Police estimate that 800 to 900 teens showed up, leaving a swath of vandalism, stolen goods and freaked out moviegoers.

Writes the Orlando Sentinel on Feb. 15: “Hundreds of teens caused a disturbance and rushed a movie theater in Ocoee Saturday night, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office. The incident took place at the AMC West Oaks 14.” Social media video shows that the majority of the teenagers were African American.

Rest at link

Do yourself a favor and do NOT read the comments on this article. Wow.

Before anyone tries to bash today's youth about their level of stupidity I just want to point out that teens aren't any stupider than they were 25 or 50 years ago-- it's just that social media allows them to be that stupid at an alarming scale and efficiency.

I clearly remember four guys from my high school staging a fake fight right next to a busy road in the hopes that they'd get people to slow down or even stop to break it up.  If that happened today, they'd be able to send out a couple of tweets and get three neighboring high schools involved.

It's funny to me that they can't watch 50 shades of gray because boobs and sex and stuff but they all probably have smart phones. When you compare it to unfettered access to the internet and social media.... a rated R movie is nothing. Yet it would be a scandal if theaters let teens in to see that movie but we generally don't see parents letting their kids go nuts online as poor parenting.

It's not like they can use it to organize an angry mob of 900 teenagers (which rivals spiders in terms of terror).

Obviously just youths without proper guidance from society. We really should find them things to occupy their time with, in a wholesome, constructive manner. After all, it takes a village.

How about instead of blaming society...we blame the parents...you know....for not parenting...

Or we could simply blame the youths for knowing what was inappropriate behavior and choosing not to conduct themselves accordingly.

Every kid does something they know is inappropriate. It starts off small and you see what your limits are. If inappropriate actions are not punished no matter how small then the child will take it up a notch and see if they can get away with that.

When it gets to this level, then you can pretty much guarantee that it is because the parent didn't parent....

Every kid does something they know is inappropriate. It starts off small and you see what your limits are. If inappropriate actions are not punished no matter how small then the child will take it up a notch and see if they can get away with that.

When it gets to this level, then you can pretty much guarantee that it is because the parent didn't parent....

Yup! And if Obama and other Dems didn't have child services breathing down our throats it would be much easier to teach right from wrong and instill the fear of God in them.

How about instead of blaming society...we blame the parents...you know....for not parenting...

Because 900 hundred kids supposedly showed up. The problem might be parenting but when 900 families in one area make the same mistake... You've got a society issue on your hands,

Because 900 hundred kids supposedly showed up. The problem might be parenting but when 900 families in one area make the same mistake... You've got a society issue on your hands,

Exactly right. Teens do incredibly stupid things under peer pressure, and things like smartphones and social media have multiplied the amount of peer pressure they see.  In my day (am I really that old o be saying that?), I would've found out about this at school 2 days after the fact.

Exactly right. Teens do incredibly stupid things under peer pressure, and things like smartphones and social media have multiplied the amount of peer pressure they see. In my day (am I really that old o be saying that?), I would've found out about this at school 2 days after the fact.

Yeah before smart phones there is no way kids would be able to quickly and quietly get 900 of their peers to do anything.

So there are at least 900 crappy parents in one area

..doesn't surprise me.

Archived