Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: 3 students shot to death in apartment near UNC Chapel Hill

NoVaSkins21

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/11/us/chapel-hill-shooting/index.html

The victims -- a newlywed couple and the bride's younger sister -- were shot in the head, sources told CNN affiliate WRAL.

Didn't see this anywhere, but I thought I would post it anyway.  I can't believe a guy like this would go to such extreme lengths.  IMO, it was a hate crime and the guy should get the death penalty for what he did.  

A self described atheist broke into the victims home and executed all three of them supposedly over a parking space?  None of that makes sense.  American atheists aren't known for their violence towards religions and a parking spot... just reading that must infuriate those that cared for these victims.  Such a petty and ridiculous thing can't seriously be seen as a reason for something like this.  I think it's likely that this was a violent unstable man that was essentially a ticking time bomb.  On that particular day the unfortunate people that set him of were going to be the target of his rage.  

I pray that these three victims find themselves in a better place.  I pray for the parents, that they may somehow find their way to peace after being robbed of their heart's reason for beating over something so senseless.  Hatred is the enemy and we as a people must continue to struggle to turn from it. 

A self described atheist broke into the victims home and executed all three of them supposedly over a parking space?.

Gives a thorn in the side to people who are atheist. It goes to show you that any idea taken too far turns ugly. I think this was more anti-muslim than "in the name of atheism!". Good grief man, dude lost it! Frickin ugly, frickin ugly. Grow up, world.

Obvious hate crime

Flip the script on this and we have a 5 plus page thread here about terrorism 

My fiance has been covering this story down in Raleigh. Just an awful sad story

murder usually is.....she find any evidence of targeting Muslims?

The guy just seems like loser with a attitude from what I have read.

Obvious hate crime

Flip the script on this and we have a 5 plus page thread here about terrorism 

My fiance has been covering this story down in Raleigh. Just an awful sad story

I don't have enough info yet to be sure this is a hate crime situation, but I do suspect that if the shooter had been Muslim, there would be a lot of assumptions being made.  

I don't have enough info yet to be sure this is a hate crime situation, but I do suspect that if the shooter had been Muslim, there would be a lot of assumptions being made.  

There are a few reasons why I have concluded what I have

1) it wasn't a crime of passion, the guy did walk upstairs to the apartment to shoot them. He shot the male first, the girls came in when they heard the noise and fired several shots, 1 hitting the water heater which caused water to end up everywhere. Apparently the crime scene was a mess

2) The guy actually drove himself from Chapel Hill to Durham (another county over essentially) to turn himself in. Which is all sorts of bizarre here 

3) Per quite a few people close to the victims, they had been worried about him for months. 

from what I read all the neighbors were worried about him.

I'm sure there would be, just as there would be if this guy wasn't a liberal atheist.

A self described atheist broke into the victims home and executed all three of them supposedly over a parking space?  None of that makes sense.  American atheists aren't known for their violence towards religions and a parking spot... just reading that must infuriate those that cared for these victims.  Such a petty and ridiculous thing can't seriously be seen as a reason for something like this.  I think it's likely that this was a violent unstable man that was essentially a ticking time bomb.  On that particular day the unfortunate people that set him of were going to be the target of his rage.  

I pray that these three victims find themselves in a better place.  I pray for the parents, that they may somehow find their way to peace after being robbed of their heart's reason for beating over something so senseless.  Hatred is the enemy and we as a people must continue to struggle to turn from it. 

they basically are just as much as any other group, right?    

I've never really understood this occasional need by atheists to aggregate themselves, and then bestow a halo on the aggregated group....  isn't this one of the things that religions do that in general irritate atheists?   Its one of the biggest selling points in the atheist playbook! (at least for me)

Wrong place wrong time seems to be the case.

This guy was a nut waiting to be set off.  Black, Muslim, Jew, Redskins fan, or another other minority, it didn't seem like it mattered.

I would buy into the "wrong place wrong time" if he didn't choose to go up to their apartment and shoot them. Considering nobody was parked in his spots in the parking lot 

That is one scary looking dude.  Not a trace of humanity in those eyes.

I think he looks like Joe Grushecky. So I dunno. I always find the comment on mug shots to be silly. I bet if you saw a picture of him holding a puppy, you would have a different thought. But I'm being weird. Because I don't like thinking about the reality of stories like this.

Archived