Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

#EmptyForTheEagles

BruinSkin

In that case, let's just cut to the chase:

#SellTheSkins or #SnyderSells

If hundreds of fans tweeted that at @Redskins each day maybe it would be more impactful than a petition.

This is what we need to do. Just cut right to the crux of the problem. And for the people always so quick to say, "It won't accomplish anything," blah, blah, blah. Fine. You're probably right. But it'll make many of us feel a little better by embarrassing Redskin Enemy No. 1 publicly, so join in or shut up. We need a Norma Rae type of figure to organize this. (Google it, kids.)

I'm gonna go even further and suggest this overriding hashtag for the cause: #redpill

What does it mean? Remember The Matrix, when Neo was given the choice to take the blue pill and go back to living a lie or taking the red pill and actually seeing reality for what it IS? He chose the red pill, and eventually the world was saved.

In our case, taking the "red pill"  means acknowledging that the ROOT CAUSE of what we've endured for almost 20 years now is Dan Snyder and that NOTHING will change until he's gone.

#redpill #SnyderSells

On second thought, I think it would be perfect for people to show up to the game, have everyone in their seats for the National Anthem and then for everyone to leave immediately afterwards.  The way I figure it:

1) You're keeping tickets out of the hands of Eagles fans.

2) Snyder's already sold the tickets and parking passes so he's not making any extra money.

3) It shows that we love the team but wont stand for this anymore. Nobody will accuse Redskins fans of being fairweather fans.

4) It *WILL* get the broadcasters' attention during the TV broadcast.

5) If you'd like you can hang out in the parking lot and tailgate more, or just head home on the Metro.

The key is that NOBODY buys tickets or parking passes from the Redskins.  If you have friends who've already sunk money into tickets use them, but DO NOT purchase from the Redskins. (I also have a suspicion that a lot of the tickets on StubHub are actually being sold directly from the team so exercise caution there).

A bunch of Orioles fans did this a few years ago and it got national coverage.  I was living in Detroit at the time and the local sportstalk stations there were talking about it.

On second thought, I think it would be perfect for people to show up to the game, have everyone in their seats for the National Anthem and then for everyone to leave immediately afterwards.  The way I figure it:

2) Snyder's already sold the tickets and parking passes so he's not making any extra money.

3) It shows that we love the team but wont stand for this anymore. Nobody will accuse Redskins fans fairweather fans.

4) It *WILL* get the broadcasters' attention.

5) If you'd like you can hang out in the parking lot and tailgate more, or just head home on the Metro.

The key is that NOBODY buys tickets or parking passes from the Redskins.  If you have friends who've already sunk money into tickets use them, but DO NOT purchase from the Redskins. (I also have a suspicion that a lot of the tickets on StubHub are actually being sold directly from the team so exercise caution there).

Could be the best recommendation that I have seen yet.  I would add to that.  Instead of going into the stadium for the game, just stay in the parking lot and tailgate longer.  Bring a TV and watch the game from the parking lot.  Continue to play Cornhole, beer pong, flip cup and any other tailgating games that you would normally play.  Also, since you are bringing your own food and drink, you wont be giving any additional money to Snyder. 

3) It shows that we love the team but wont stand for this anymore. Nobody will accuse Redskins fans of being fairweather fans.

4) It *WILL* get the broadcasters' attention during the TV broadcast.

A bunch of Orioles fans did this a few years ago and it got national coverage.  I was living in Detroit at the time and the local sportstalk stations there were talking about it.

I like this. Could you imagine how it would look on TV if, right after the anthem, hundreds of fans start heading to the exits like it's the last couple minutes of a blowout?

I think it would be a good morale boost for fans, too, as the camaraderie in the parking lots over such a thing would be great. Everyone could continue tailgating and talking about how furious Snyder must be seeing this.

I actually sold mine at face value to another skins fan....I actually feel bad

What would work is that someone should distribute Dan Snyder heads with horns on it and everyone hold them up at kickoff or hell the entire game.

We all know how Danny doesn't like to be made fun of, so more of a reason to do so.

Hail to the Skins

Death to the Snyder Empire

Could be the best recommendation that I have seen yet.  I would add to that.  Instead of going into the stadium for the game, just stay in the parking lot and tailgate longer.  Bring a TV and watch the game from the parking lot.  Continue to play Cornhole, beer pong, flip cup and any other tailgating games that you would normally play.  Also, since you are bringing your own food and drink, you wont be giving any additional money to Snyder. 

I disagree. One critical piece is that I really want the TV broadcast guys to realize this was a concerted thing, not just lazy fans. They will comment on it if they see 75k people suddenly head for the exits, and there will be video of it, which would get replayed nationwide incessantly. That would be so incredible to watch.

Bringing TVs and watching from the lots would be the ultimate middle finger to Snyder though :D  The only downside is that then the Redskins would prohibit tailgating after kickoff.  A lot of bad college football teams do this already.

Phily is 2 hours away - They will be trying to clinch a division title. There will be 40,000 Eagles fans - and it wont be the 1st time.

A boycott wont matter. W

What are you trying to do anyway?  Whats the goal? Do you think Snyder will go "Oh empty seats -I'll sell the team".

BEST case senerio is Dan says "Crap -i need to make ANOTHER big splash to get people to come to games". And that's BEST case

You're probably right that he's so self-absorbed he'll never realize what happened, but I think there's more than a few positives to it:

1) Bonding as fans since the team doesn't give us that.

2) Sending a clear message to the NFL that one of their previously most passionate fanbases it completely disgusted by our owner.

3) Sending a clear message to other NFL fans that we're as disgusted by Dan Snyder as they are. (Living out of market, you won't believe how many people assume I get completely amped every time he signs another washed up loser).

Remember this is the same fanbase that impressed most of the NFL with our showing for Art Monk and Darrell Green's HOF induction (I drove from Detroit, but my parents from from MD and they told me every rest stop on the way was filled with people wearing Burgundy and Gold). Let's just show everyone we still care, but for the time being, we're leaving an abusive relationship.

I will be at the game, because I already paid for my ticket and my buddy and I will have a great tailgate, although there is not enough beer that we can drink to make the game watchable.  We were also at the KC game last year. 

We have decided, however, that we are done.  After going to games for many many years (I don't remember how old I was when I went to my first game, but it has been about 50 years) we are going to let our season tickets go next season.  If I want to go to a game, I can get something cheap on stubhub. 

The only way this works is if everyone spreads the message (Facebook, Twitter, carrier pigeon, whatever). 

If it turns out to be homefield advantage for the Eagles in a sea of green jerseys and empty burgundy seats, so be it. This organization doesn't deserve our support or our money. Year after year, a subpar product is put out by the Redskins and the ONLY common denominator throughout the last two decades of cellar dwelling: Dan Snyder.

Withdraw your support and send a message.

If fans really want to make it a "Greenout," why not advertise their tickets on an Eagles fan board like http://igglephans.com/

Archived