Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Chew

There is always the 2 week Honey moon period for CoD, 99% of the players are terrible to begin with, so they don't recognize the lag very well yet, they don't know which guns/perks to abuse.  They aren't REALLY having that much fun, but the new game feel and the excuse that it's new (weve been playing the same **** for 10 years, cmon guys) is enough for them to be happy for a while, and trick all of their friends into buying a terrible version of the game that is really in Beta stage and shouldn't have been released yet

and then....

The ****ing stage begins.  All of the bad players realize that there are a few consistent lag issues, they blame every single bad game they have on lag.  They also discover the cheap guns/perks/killstreaks/deathstreaks that are in every CoD, all the bad kids start abusing them, and considering they make up 99% of the population, now they have all ruined the games for themselves.  This stage usually lasts at least a month while everyone either sells the game, or sticks it out until the patch comes.  We all know the patch will save us.

but then the patch comes, fixes a few of the exploits, creates twice as many as before, and the lag?  well it might be SLIGHTLY better, but it's Peer hosting so lets not kid ourselves here.  It's polishing a turd.  This stage lasts at least another month or even two.  15 maps were released, 7 of them were immediatley trash, 4 were decent, and 3 are amazing.  The first map pack doesn't come out until February, if you haven't sold the game yet.

The final stage comes with the arrival of Spring.  The second major patch will arive, the game is mostly balanced, but most people have stopped playing by now.  The weather is nice.  There are usually other games released in the spring.  The trailer gets released for the next game. They finally start releasing map packs that you have to pay for, but most people have already lost interest in the game.

I might still buy it.

Thunder's mad, lol

Basically everything I ****ed about lol.  Except the lag, I had a couple of issues last night where it froze up, one lost host, but that was it.  Like I said, you get a kill and almost immediately get shot in the back.  

I don't feel so bad when Thunder said that was one of his best games at 17-4, I've had some where I was 16-6 or 17-8, so at least I don't feel like it was just me lol.

And I did forget to mention to y'all that there is a classic playlist, with 4 game modes (TDM, KC, S&D, Domination) where the boost jumping and exo abilities are disabled.  It's a lot of fun.  And it's hard getting scorestreaks sometimes with the way scoring is set-up.  

So you get the basic scorestreak (i.e. remote turret) which requires a score of 550 to use.  In TDM, thats like 11 kills (50 points/kill), less with the UAV going, but still a lot of points.  If you add the module to make it a sentry turret and fire automatically (like every other CoD game) it adds an extra 200 points to enable it so it now costs 750 points to use.

Like he said, it's hard to get a lot of kills before you die and it's hard to enable the scorestreaks.  I don't know what the melee punch is, haven't tried that out lol.  

Kill confirmed ftw. 50 points a kill and 100 for tags... At least that's what it used to be.

Yep, easier to get scorestreaks in KC no doubt.  It's odd cause sometimes I'll kill someone, grab the tag and I get 50 points for the kill and only 50 points for the tag.  Then I've seen it where I get 100 points for the tag.  Not sure if it's a glitch or not.

I know if you grab tags from a teammates kill, it gives you 50 points and them 50 points, which is 100 total. 

Yep, easier to get scorestreaks in KC no doubt. It's odd cause sometimes I'll kill someone, grab the tag and I get 50 points for the kill and only 50 points for the tag. Then I've seen it where I get 100 points for the tag. Not sure if it's a glitch or not.

I know if you grab tags from a teammates kill, it gives you 50 points and them 50 points, which is 100 total.

Used to be 100 for a confirm and 50 for a deny.

Fun times yesterday running with Spring and Goon and Youggarnaut (does he post here?).  And a big **** YOU to Sean0472, random guy destroying us in those three matches :D

So, I will be able to prestige tonight.  I think I'm gonna go through all the assault rifles and submachine guns first though.  I'm leaning towards keeping the AK-12, I just love that gun.  

But I've unlocked the MK14 and it looks about as balanced as the AK12, lacking only in range and I haven't tried it out yet.  The IMR is nice with the damage, but I feel like it's slow.

The KF5 is the submachine gun that one guy that was pretty good on one of our teams said he thought was the best gun in the game.  Can't remember his set-up though.  

What's everyone's thoughts thus far?

The profanity was at a minimum, so you KNOW it was fun!

I'm still trying out all the guns.  Love the starter shotgun, the single shot sniper, KBA3? and AK12.

Honestly, it doesnt matter what you are using - as long as you play tactically sound and dont get caught in the open with a shotgun.

Fun times yesterday running with Spring and Goon and Youggarnaut (does he post here?).  And a big **** YOU to Sean0472, random guy destroying us in those three matches :D

So, I will be able to prestige tonight.  I think I'm gonna go through all the assault rifles and submachine guns first though.  I'm leaning towards keeping the AK-12, I just love that gun.  

But I've unlocked the MK14 and it looks about as balanced as the AK12, lacking only in range and I haven't tried it out yet.  The IMR is nice with the damage, but I feel like it's slow.

The KF5 is the submachine gun that one guy that was pretty good on one of our teams said he thought was the best gun in the game.  Can't remember his set-up though.  

What's everyone's thoughts thus far?

Yes. I, Yoggernaut, do post here. Good playing with you guys :)

Archived