Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Chew

My son sold all his skylanders (thank god) and got over 200 trade in value, he preordered this game and we will pick it up today.  I think we are just going to trade in his xbox 360 and get the Destiny bundle ps4.  His birthday is in a few weeks, that will be a nice surprise and I think MW will be better on the ps4 as compared to the 360

So far we have lots of campers because people don't know the maps yet. They do seem to be quick learns though which is good. Only takes a couple of playthroughs to get the hang of them.

I definitely dig this game so far.

I probably won't be able to get on again until Saturday or Sunday.

That single shot sniper tho.......

Shotguns are beast.

AK-12.....

Lots of options in this game...liking it so far.

Just hard to get used to playing like you're tinkerbell LOL

Also, my 7 year old will be joining me via split screen.  He puts in some work.  His screen name is akward_danielito   LOL

I feel like I'm putting a **** ton of bullets into someones face/head and its not dropping them like I think it should.  I'll look at the replay when I die and it appears that they killed me with 3-4 rounds, where I went fully auto and know I got off like 6-9 rounds in them, including some to the chest and head. 

Also, the respawns are starting to tick me off slightly, not all the time.  But I had one game in Kill Confirmed where I would kill someone, run up and grab the dog tags and immediately get killed from behind by a respawn.  This happened like 10 times in various locations of the map.  

I'm not on the same level as you Stroker, or Spring, so it could be more of me sucking in comparison to yoos guys.

holy lag fest

if you guys havent done it, set your port forwarding and make your PS4 have a static address.  google "PS4 port forwarding".

Some sketch sites out there and don't wanna give anyone a virus so I won't post a link - tread with care.

I went from a NAT type 3 "something is terribly wrong here" to a screaming Nat 2 - "you have a router and everything is cool."

Dedicated servers are a must when action is this fast paced and out of control, but I doubt activision will ever spring for those - so were stuck with what we have.

My only issue is the one shot kill pistol.  I haven't used it yet, but it smokes me everytime it hits.  At any distance.

All in all, me running around like an ADHD kid hyped up on mountain dew with a shotgun.....its a blast lol. 

Guys, made a **** dallas emblem with an arrow through the star.  In BO2, I spelled it out, this time, since Goon mentioned his son would be playing with him when he's on with us, I used only the F, followed by three symbols to keep it filtered.   Feel free to copy and use it if you want to.

I'm going to make that the clan emblem once you join (submit it to the clan and I can use it).  From what I can tell, you have to get the mobile app to join the clan or do it in game.  First clan war starts Nov 15.  Plenty of time to get good at it.  Anyone who wants in needs a COD account and link it to your PS4.  Send me a message on here or on PS4 and I'll send an invite.  Or you can just search for Random Thoughts.

If we hope to be any good, we need to start playing together...soon.

HAIL

holy lag fest

if you guys havent done it, set your port forwarding and make your PS4 have a static address.  google "PS4 port forwarding".

Some sketch sites out there and don't wanna give anyone a virus so I won't post a link - tread with care.

I went from a NAT type 3 "something is terribly wrong here" to a screaming Nat 2 - "you have a router and everything is cool."

Dedicated servers are a must when action is this fast paced and out of control, but I doubt activision will ever spring for those - so were stuck with what we have.

My only issue is the one shot kill pistol.  I haven't used it yet, but it smokes me everytime it hits.  At any distance.

All in all, me running around like an ADHD kid hyped up on mountain dew with a shotgun.....its a blast lol. 

I'm going to make that the clan emblem once you join (submit it to the clan and I can use it).  From what I can tell, you have to get the mobile app to join the clan or do it in game.  First clan war starts Nov 15.  Plenty of time to get good at it.  Anyone who wants in needs a COD account and link it to your PS4.  Send me a message on here or on PS4 and I'll send an invite.  Or you can just search for Random Thoughts.

If we hope to be any good, we need to start playing together...soon.

HAIL

I got my account linked up, send me the clan invite when you get a chance bro.

We got my son his own ps4 last night, after trading in his xbox 360 and all his games and controllers, we only had to pay 140 out of pocket for the Destiny edition ps4 which obviously comes with the game.  So, I watched him play CODAW last night and it looks good.  Much better than Ghosts IMO.  I havent really liked COD since the first Black Ops, which I loved.  This one is interesting.  Black Ops and World at War are my 2 favorites and I don't see this one changing, but my son was dominating online. He had a great time and that's what counts.

Waiting for TTViper's thoughts here, and LegendOfThunder on youtube. I know Viper liked MW3, and that was a half-Sledgehammer game. I liked MW3 as well. Thunder didn't...

Any cheap **** you guys aren't liking?

Im doing the same thing as you, waiting.  I have no interest in CoD right now, especially when it seems to copying all the other future shooters.  I've already played Titanfall and Desitny (Still good and polished) this year, I don't need more of the same.

If reviews are outstanding...I may get it, but the chances of good reviews across the board from COD kids, is next to impossible.  I'm tired of advanced warfare, they are beating it to death.

The next Rainbow Six is the only garuntee buy for me right now.

you still on xbox Double?

Im doing the same thing as you, waiting.  I have no interest in CoD right now, especially when it seems to copying all the other future shooters.  I've already played Titanfall and Desitny (Still good and polished) this year, I don't need more of the same.

If reviews are outstanding...I may get it, but the chances of good reviews across the board from COD kids, is next to impossible.  I'm tired of advanced warfare, they are beating it to death.

The next Rainbow Six is the only garuntee buy for me right now.

you still on xbox Double?

I doubt the reviews will be stellar, but they put out a good quality game this year, imo.  As far as being a Destiny clone, it's not.  The only real element taken is the boost jump.  And the special ability with the exo suit, which isn't game breaking, I hardly ever use mine.  

The grappling stuff, is only in single player, so if you're buying for just multiplayer, it's basically CoD with an exo suit and boost jumps.  I miss the bouncing bettys though :(  

Again, it's not worthy to go out and buy a new console just to play the game, which would be Strokers case right now.  But if you already have a new gen console, I'd give it a try, borrow a friends copy, rent it, etc.  

Nothing ground breaking, the game engine is basically a ghost clone with new UVs and tinkerbell physics.

But it is fun to run around and shotgun people.  So far, no where near as rage inducing as Ghosts was, which is confusing because of what I said above.  Maybe there are more changes that I can tell right away 5 hours in.  Very campy right now as people are learning the maps. 

Fun purchase? Yes

Buy a console for this purpose only? NO

i do miss the days of the m1 garand and the ping the gun makes when you empty the clip.

i laughed at the first COD AW commercial i saw. it's so obvious that futuristic shooters are stale that i don't really understand why they felt the need to do another one. and not only that, they added the boosting/jumping ability to make the game more vertical... which has been the staple of every major release on the new gen. however, there are no better games out right now so there isn't much of a choice.

i haven't played AW much yet, but i think it's safe to say it is better than ghosts. i have not had that "oh **** this map is terrible" feel yet. lag has been present but not terrible so far. the boosting ability is rather simple which is good.

as much as i dislike straight up copying the "verticality" of other games, it is a nice change of pace and seems to fit well in this game imo.  

Figured out how to make it the clan emblem.  I had to download the app and set it on there.  It's set-up now.  Funny how they make you have to have an app to do simple in game functions, just to promote their free app, which makes no sense to me lol.

im having some fun with this game. the weapons seem very balanced so far from what ive tried.

Yeah, nothing stands out as too overpowered right now.  There are weak, underpowered weapons, but nothing that is so overpowered that it's almost not fair with a set-up.  I'm sure that will happen though.  I've been running assault mainly with red dot, grip and the extra ammo clip or grip, extra ammo and duel clip.  

Im disappointed in the heavy machine guns.  I don't want to fire a ****ing laser beam and don't really like the other two heavys I've unlocked.  Submachine guns, I like one of them, 2nd or 3rd from the bottom cant remember the name.

Hand guns fail at all levels right now.  Those are severely under powered, imo.  Unless you get that one up close on someone thats like a shotty with the ridiculously slow reload time.

Archived