Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Chew

One of the best modes ever was 1 vs 1. They got rid of it because of boosting I guess. Before people gave a **** about boosting, 1 vs 1 was competitive and hilarious. Tense as ****. Whoever got 10 kills first won. Plenty of 10-9 games, I loved it.

Yeah, hopefully they surprise everyone and make ghosts look like a bad dream. 

Large scale combat. I think it's 9v9 or 12v12. Always domination and team death match. Gets cheesy and laggy because of the amount of people involved. (Probably why I never got on board with BF)

I've never had any lag issues whatsoever in Ground War.  If a game abruptly ends with a host issue, it's literally 1 in 20-25 matches.

http://www.videogamer.com/reviews/call_of_duty_advanced_warfare_review.html

Mixing futuristic tech with established fundamentals, Sledgehammer has created the first truly impressive Call of Duty in years.

STEVEN BURNS

2ND NOV, 2014 Follow

Note: This week Activision held a review event for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. VideoGamer.com was not invited to this event. We were told we would receive a copy of the game on Monday, November 3, after the game had been released. Instead we bought the game ourselves and present this review without any form of embargo to adhere to.

An expert distillation of Call of Duty's core appeals, made fresh again thanks to excellent level design and the inclusion of game-changing exosuits, Advanced Warfare is a return to form for a franchise on the slide. Returning developer Sledgehammer Games has used its elongated development cycle wisely, resulting in the best COD in years. Even the single-player is enjoyable, in its own stupid way. I know.

Said campaign has had a considerable amount of time (and money) poured into it, and images of Kevin Spacey's grinning mug have dominated the marketing, for obvious reasons. But multiplayer, as always, is the star. The inclusion of jetpacks may have changed the way it plays, but Sledgehammer has also looked back across the whole franchise, identifying the best elements of Call of Duty and marrying them expertly to its own innovations.

More at the link

http://www.videogamer.com/reviews/call_of_duty_advanced_warfare_review.html

Said campaign has had a considerable amount of time (and money) poured into it, and images of Kevin Spacey's grinning mug have dominated the marketing, for obvious reasons. But multiplayer, as always, is the star. The inclusion of jetpacks may have changed the way it plays, but Sledgehammer has also looked back across the whole franchise, identifying the best elements of Call of Duty and marrying them expertly to its own innovations.

More at the link

I'm telling y'all, it looks like they took a lot of elements from Destiny and Titanfall and mixed in CoD.  I was reading they borrowed some of the good concepts and **** that worked from BO2 and other incarnations.    

I was worried it would suck earlier on, but lately, I've had a good vibe about it.  Mine is supposed to be delivered by EOB tomorrow, so most likely by 5-6 pm EST.  Which is fine, I have to work until 5:30 anyhow, then can pop it in and get to leveling.

I was just reading some reviews on reddit. Nothing negative at all.

I'm starting to get a chub.

Chew, Taze, Goonie, we need to get a PS4 squad rolling.

Chew you need to step your internet game up so you don't lag from 3/4 the way across the country and back out in a fit of rage.

What time do you guys normally play? (EST)

I was just reading some reviews on reddit. Nothing negative at all.

I'm starting to get a chub.

Chew, Taze, Goonie, we need to get a PS4 squad rolling.

Chew you need to step your internet game up so you don't lag from 3/4 the way across the country and back out in a fit of rage.

What time do you guys normally play? (EST)

I'm down.  Gonna try to use my PC headset if it will work, if not, the **** one that came with the PS4 while I order a new one.  

I work from home and get off at 5:30 pm EST every day, unless I work a mid-shift from 11-8 pm EST (next one of those isn't until the Friday before Thanksgiving though).  So I'm on usually around 6:00 pm EST until I feel the need to log off lol.  

But very flexible with organizing set-times to **** people up.  I know Goon and I were trying to get something similar set-up on Destiny, he's Pacific time, and I recall him saying that little Goon has football M,W, F and he can't get on until late our time.  Chew is Mountain time, only 2 hours behind, I've seen him jump in some BF4 games with me before and I've jumped in a game of his as well.  

We will get it worked out.  If anything, me and you can be the two man wrecking squad and **** ****es up.  

Springy and other PS4 folks, i'll probably pick up a copy this weekend or early next week.

Spring...i just saw that post from when we rolled on Blops 2 together a while back.  I totally remember that, even though I think i was wasted.  I think I even screencapped my connection and posted it in the blops 2 thread.  everybody had full 4 green bars, except for me, rolling with a low single red bar.  I was sliding all over the place. 

I'll have DSL for the next 6-8 months, ran a connection test last night on the PS4, had 14 down, 2 up...so we'll see how it goes LOL.

i saw the first multiplayer vid from AliA last night, got a pretty strong boner.  killstreaks look neat as hell (of course he was running the highest ones) lol.  I'll probably stick to my low-talent, high-effort stuff like UAVs and counters UAVs LOL. 

I **** y'all not, I had a dream about this game last night.  I dreamed I got my copy (which will arrive today) and I got in a game and everyone was ranked like 96 or 99 and I was rank 1 and cussing cause the game had only been out since midnight.  Really weird.

Just tracked my order, it's one city over and out for delivery since 5:51 am EST.  I'm getting pumped up.

So, who's gonna be clan leader and what name/initials we going with?

The kill streaks are kind of cool.

You can modify them for additional points. For instance, UAV costs 400 but for 50 more points you can modify it so that you get assist points for every kill when the UAV is up.

The sentry gun is user control but for 100 more points you can make it auto control. You can also modify the sentry so it turns 360 degrees, shoots lasers or missiles.

It's very cool what they've done with the kill streaks.

As far as clan leader or tags I don't care. I'll play with whoever, whenever I'm on.

I will say that I like hardcore game modes. Once I learn the maps of like to play hardcore exclusively. I hope you guys don't mind that. (HC KC is my preference).

Archived