Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Couple of points on the Ref calls in the game

Havenless

Having been at the game and suffering through multiple bad calls, I vowed to leave it they reversed Maclins catch.

It's a call stands league... Roberts catch against Jax. Not nealy irrefutable.

I left the stadium after that. Very poor reffing, the delay in throwing 2 of the flags were so blatant it was physically painful.

Offense looked great, surprised we weren't able to run better though

You left a great game because you were upset at the officials?!?!?  wow

Almost does not mean every - and this one was clearly the right call on the field IMO and if/when they assess a fine on Baker that will be the right decision as well, again IMO.

It really wasn't a good call, but I am almost certain that you are right that he will be fined.  Mind you, they didn't fine Akeem Davis on that bs personal foul last week so maybe there's a shred of integrity left somewhere in the NFL.

You left a great game because you were upset at the officials?!?!?  wow

I agree, but I knew in my heart that if Cousins completed any pass on that last drive there was going to be a holding call. In fact, those last four plays if you look carefully, every ref had their hands on their hankies almost like an old west gunslinger with his hand on the holster.  They just never got the completion to take it away.

Not sure if kidding  :ninja:

Yea, Baker can't do that. I think it is a Peyton Manning rule from 2002.

However, if the QB attempts to make a tackle on the man who intercepted the ball, by all means you can run his ass over. See how Donovan McNabb's season ended in 2005 against the Cowboys, when he attempted to make a tackle on an INT but was crushed and done for the year.

I do agree that rule needs to be tweaked, a QB must run out of bounds as soon as an INT is made 

You left a great game because you were upset at the officials?!?!? wow

It was questionable judgement to start with going to the game. Fans weren't to bad to me, another guy with RG3 jersey was asking for it and pretty much taking the brunt of fans.

But, it was getting to me and the endless comments flying around just drove me to leave. I kinda feel partially responsible for the loss.

Spot on. It also set the tone for the rest of the game. On that play, they had the opportunity to do the right thing & take control of the game. Instead, they waffled and let things get progressively worse.

And, I must add, our good buddies Aikman & Buck failed, yet again, to stick up for anything Redskins when commenting on the replay. I hate those assholes. 

buck really annoyed me on that Djax play. they kept showing it, yet i didnt hear him acknowledge the late hit by jenkins on jackson which, as was said, was the reason jackson got up and shoved him. 

he just kept saying jackson and the skins got away with one, even as they kept showing the hit. 

i was like 'wtf are you looking at?'.

You left a great game because you were upset at the officials?!?!? wow

It was questionable judgement to start with going to the game. Fans weren't to bad to me, another guy with RG3 jersey was asking for it and pretty much taking the brunt of fans.

But, it was getting to me and the endless comments flying around just drove me to leave. I kinda feel partially responsible for the loss.

Eparadox is correct. The rules *do* have a provision that covers this scenario. Rule 12, Section 2, Article 13.7:

http://www.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/15_Rule12_Player_Conduct.pdf

The passage you are referring to is for roughing the passer. That wasn't the penalty. I just watched the call on NFL Game Rewind. The penalty was for unnecessary roughness, not roughing the passer. The fact that Foles is a QB was not a factor. Granted, Troy Aikman's comments were about roughing the passer but that's not what the officials called.

There isn't any rule that says 1 knee = 2 feet. That's making _hit up.

The rule specifies that BOTH feet must be inbounds whether or not the receiver has control of the ball. Only one foot was inbounds. Incorrect call.

I agree with Riggodrill44 show me the rule where a knee = 2 feet. I'm looking but haven't found anything yet.

The hit by Baker on Foles was a legal hit . If Foles or any qb doesn't want to get hit after they throw an interception then don't go running toward the defender who caught your ball. Run the other way or just stand exactly where you released the ball.

Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3:

A player who makes a catch may advance the ball. A forward

pass is complete (by the offense) or intercepted (by the defense) if a player, who is inbounds:

( A ) secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and

( B ) touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands; and

( C ) maintains control of the ball long enough, after ( a ) and ( b ) have been fulfilled, to enable him to

perform any act common to the game (i.e., maintaining control long enough to pitch it, pass it,

advance with it, or avoid or ward off an opponent, etc.).

SOURCE

buck really annoyed me on that Djax play. they kept showing it, yet i didnt hear him acknowledge the late hit by jenkins on jackson which, as was said, was the reason jackson got up and shoved him. 

he just kept saying jackson and the skins got away with one, even as they kept showing the hit. 

i was like 'wtf are you looking at?'.

Not only that, but that late hit was on his bum shoulder. A conspiracist might suggest that the Eagles DBs were targeting that injury.

I agree. It's your fault. We were playing great, till you left. In fact, I bet Cousins saw you leave, and that's why his throws went to ****.

Ban yourself.

sarcasmmeter.jpg

I was actually glad Philly got the penalty on the play where DJax hit the guy in the face after the play.  For some reason both the announcer and refs decided that the incredibly late hit where the safety came in and dove at Jacksons' shoulder WELL after he was down, was not a problem.  Which is exactly what prompted him to retaliate in the first place.

Yeah the late hit where he targeted his shoulder is what pissed Jackson off. Jackson also got face masked by the tackler on that play. They never mentioned that either. The shove on Jackson shouldn't have been a flag since he shoved first. But the face mask would have been a 15 yard PF anyway.

Not only that, but that late hit was on his bum shoulder. A conspiracist might suggest that the Eagles DBs were targeting that injury.

Should have been a late hit, and I think the ref realized it after the fact when Allen retaliated to DJ's push and gave the flag the Skins should have gotten 2-3 seconds earlier.  I hate seeing defenders "tackle" players that are almost down, except in the rare goalline-type stand.

And don't need to be a conspiracist to know that while Jenkins might not have been able to realize which shoulder was which, NFL players are going to hit players if they get a chance to knock them out.  That's the reason (IMO) Baker went after Foles.

Seriously, how hard is it to understand.

According to NFL rules the QB is off limits in this situation.

You want to complain about the refs, complain about the non-call on the Jenkins hit on Jackson early in the game.

Both Bakers AND Jenkins hits were cheap shots.

Seriously, how hard is it to understand.

According to NFL rules the QB is off limits in this situation.

You want to complain about the refs, complain about the non-call on the Jenkins hit on Jackson early in the game.

Both Bakers AND Jenkins hits were cheap shots.

no ****, dummy.

the only one lacking understanding is you. 

the problem is with the rule- the QB shouldnt be moving towards the play, get himself five and a half yards away from the play, and still be protected.

why are you in here crying after a W anyway?

I do agree that rule needs to be tweaked, a QB must run out of bounds as soon as an INT is made

QBs should be able to attempt tackles on fumble and interception returns. Some of them can actually do it. I remember watching the Stanford vs Oregon game a couple years ago and an Oregon defender who recovered a fumble was running free down the sideline and Andrew Luck tracked the guy down before he got to the end zone and hit him so hard that he fumbled.

Blocking and tackling are parts of the game for every football player.

They just need to make the language of the rule regarding unnecessary roughness of the QB in that situation more clear so that there isn't so much discretion in the enforcement. They need to actually define what constitutes a QB, or any potential tackler really, getting involved in the INT return.

IMO, the refs caused the whole mess.. Baker probably doesnt even take that shot if the refs don't first call us for a 15 yarder on a questionable late hit on Fowles, THEN swallow their whistle when Cousins get run over after a dead play.. Seemed to me like the refs were scared to call it even the whole game.. Loud boo's leading to flags 30 seconds late? Come on man.. Call the game even and maybe you don't have cheap shots and caos like that along the side line..

Yea go count your SB trophies....oh wait....

i dont think igglesfan understands the difference between 'complaining about the refs' and 'blaming them for a loss'. 

after all, he just said this yesterday "The officiating was horrific, but the skins got the benefit most of the time"

...which is what i'm seeing in this thread.

I agree. It's your fault. We were playing great, till you left. In fact, I bet Cousins saw you leave, and that's why his throws went to ****.

Ban yourself.

I am removing sarcasm meter.

I've single handedly willed this team to victory and have taken credit. Thus, I'm gonna man up and put this one on my shoulders.

It works both ways ;)

The fact that the igglesfan keeps coming back to this thread rings of a guilty conscience.  He knows his team was the beneficiary of reffing to an extent that was ridiculous.

But, if this really is what the NFL is about I say stop pretending and go full tilt.  Put flags on the players and make tackling illegal.

Archived