Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TK's Sportsbar: The official '14 season Twitter thread, whatnot free, Almond Milk included, Fat Tire Sponsored

SWFLSkins

Jesus man, it's okay to admit you were wrong about this. Closed captioning is closed captioning, whether it's done on live television or at a live event. It's not some "I Guess we'll never no know the REAL truth" mystery happening here. There's not someone in a booth trying to come up with nicknames that don't make any sense at our games at the expense of the deaf community.

lol... and exactly why should i say i was wrong?  have you proven that the fedex message boards are actually controlled by computer ala closed-captioning tv messages?  if you have, i missed it and you may have to repost or give me a pointer to wherever you found that to be the case at fedex.....   and if you haven't found the proof, all i have to say is you have your opinion about it and i have mine....   now can we drop it?   or do you feel it's really something that needs to be discussed further?   sheesh

lol... and exactly why should i say i was wrong?  have you proven that the fedex message boards are actually controlled by computer ala closed-captioning tv messages?  if you have, i missed it and you may have to repost or give me a pointer to wherever you found that to be the case at fedex.....   and if you haven't found the proof, all i have to say is you have your opinion about it and i have mine....   now can we drop it?   or do you feel it's really something that needs to be discussed further?   sheesh

Do you have proof that I have not slept with Kate Upton? Well then let's just disagree.

Or we could just go with the most likely option, it being a live event (hey there is no script), it probably has live close captioning

and obviously an artificial intelligence interface to come up with specific things to post too...  and btw, congrats on kate upton

Why do you think "He will Lieu" is some sort of pun or specific thing to post and not just operator or machine error by not properly hearing the input.

By all means if you have a smartphone, try yelling into it with speech to text or without trying to enunciate and see what it gets you.

This is what I got after saying the exact thing I typed in the message above into my phone's speech to text program quickly.

Gahed_zpsb6da97e8.png

eat_up_martha.jpg

Yeah it's not the most important thing in the world but seeing someone being this willfully obtuse is just enormously frustrating. Technology and Human operators have been making big gaffes in transcribing live input since the day we started doing it.

Occam's Razor, man. Use it.

Why do you think "He will Lieu" is some sort of pun or specific thing to post and not just operator or machine error by not properly hearing the input.

By all means if you have a smartphone, try yelling into it with speech to text or without trying to enunciate and see what it gets you.

<snip pics>

Yeah it's not the most important thing in the world but seeing someone being this willfully obtuse is just enormously frustrating. Technology and Human operators have been making big gaffes in transcribing live input since the day we started doing it.

ok.. i'm trying to get to the bottom of it by asking around to people that work at FedEx....  with that said, you very well could be correct that it is some kind of closed captioning/voice recognition system that totally obliterated helu's name....   i also did a little research on what could possibly be the reason some human would use the term 'he will lieu'.  the 'he will' part is obvious but what does lieu mean in that context was the question...  turns out the term loo...  which is the british term for bathroom quite possibly came from the french term 'lieu'...  yeah... i know, could be reaching here but, with that said, there's still the possibility it was supposed to be something funny as in 'he will **** you'....   and as far as being obtuse, thanks.... kind words.... it's still not worth talking about to me and i'm pissed at myself for entertaining the discussion to begin with

ok.. i'm trying to get to the bottom of it by asking around to people that work at FedEx....  with that said, you very well could be correct that it is some kind of closed captioning/voice recognition system that totally obliterated helu's name....   i also did a little research on what could possibly be the reason some human would use the term 'he will lieu'.  the 'he will' part is obvious but what does lieu mean in that context was the question...  turns out the term loo...  which is the british term for bathroom quite possibly came from the french term 'lieu'...  yeah... i know, could be reaching here but, with that said, there's still the possibility it was supposed to be something funny as in 'he will **** you'....   and as far as being obtuse, thanks.... kind words.... it's still not worth talking about to me and i'm pissed at myself for entertaining the discussion to begin with

im friends with Bruce Allen's son George and I asked him who does the words on the board. He said there's a captioner that does it phonetically. still, with this being Helu's 4th season, you'd think the program/person would have his name down by now.

im friends with Bruce Allen's son George and I asked him who does the words on the board. He said there's a captioner that does it phonetically. still, with this being Helu's 4th season, you'd think the program/person would have his name down by now.

Awesome, thanks for the inside scoop. Even the best stenographers screw up in transcription, though. It's not an egregious mistake. That's a complex, high speed job. Especially in a live situation with no chance to go back and edit.

I just think it's absurd to imagine the person they pay good money to provide a service to the hearing impaired would intentionally be doing a disservice to those fans or using their position to broadcast poorly constructed bathroom humor while using a French loanword as a pun on a British slang term.

As an aside, I grew up with friends who knew Senator Allen's kids fairly well, and they never had great things to say about them. I'm sure Bruce's George is a good kid though.

what? shouldn't RGME be in the training room or something? ya know, trying to rehab his injury? geez. we'll never win with a guy that eats pizza instead of getting better.

I just noticed the guy photobombing in that shot and now I can't stop laughing. 

According to Michael Irvin, T.Y. Hilton just joined DeSean Jackson as only PURE WRs with electric speed. Others are just fast guys.

@P_Hazard I can agree with that. DJax gets the edge tho.

As much as I like Sherman and think he's the best all-around corner in the game, but watching youtube clips of T.Y.(and now D-Jax) burning him is a hell of a lot of fun. At the beginning of the season someone here scoffed at the notion defenses were scared of him, and that Luck spent last year throwing to a nobody.

The man had 327 yards in two playoff games last year, and that stats speak for themselves tonight 223 on all 9 targets that came to him. 40 receptions and 608 yards on the year. If he continues on with the season he's having for all 16 games I'll have no trouble putting him in the top ten WRs in the league. 

#Redskins WR Andre Roberts feels he's in a better place, too... calls 2013 'frustrating' http://es.pn/1EyAUwg

Jason Reid ‏@JReidPost  20s

@thecooleyzone breaks down poor pass coverage, problems in the running game and good stuff happening with Cousins and Jackson.

A lot of people review games and think they're experts. Watch a real expert explain things on Redskins Showtime: @thecooleyzone

"Formidable defense"

Arians next stop will be the league office for a substance abuse screening.

This reminds me of the Gibbs I years when we were playing a terrible team and he was able to convince the team and the entire area that they were underdogs, that everybody needed to fight their guys out, it was going to take a heroic effort, and if they were lucky they might be able to squeek out a win. And the fans had to be there, etc.

Then they'd go out and blow them put by 30....

RT to wish #Redskins fan & @NASCAR driver @DaleJr a Happy Birthday! #HTTR

BzlmAxjCQAAFdDE.jpg

http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsblog/redskins-undergoing-roster-churn-early-under-gruden?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Two more players could be added to the 2014 participation count this week. The Redskins signed linebacker Jackson Jeffcoat and cornerback Greg Ducre to the roster and one or both could be active on special teams on Sunday against Arizona. 

“I plan on coming out here and working my butt off." @elJEFEcoat44 on making active roster. [http://oak.ctx.ly/r/1ubpb ]

BzlzvvuCIAABrQl.jpg

Thank you to @ashburnbagel for consistently coming in the clutch on breakfast sandwich Fridays!

Spencer Long@slong_61 16m16 minutes ago[/background][/size][/font][/color]

Thank you to @ashburnbagel for consistently coming in the clutch on breakfast sandwich Fridays!

Damn it. What are these clowns doing eating. They should be spending all of their time on the practice field!!! A freaking bagel?!? No wonder they suck. Should be eating nothing but baked chicken rice and broccoli. I blame this on the training and cooking staff. No wonder our whole team is injured.

12dee381fe2e78ddc0b66bdd24b9a6ad_normal.
@TarikCSN
LB Perry Riley (knee) is working off to the side at the start of practice Friday. #RedskinsTalk

8x41Cu0P_normal.jpeg

@john_keim

Ryan Clark still not working. ... Rg3 throwing to linebackers during drills for their pass drops

YpG6pWLF_normal.jpeg
@MikeJonesWaPo
RGIII also throwing passes to LBs.

8x41Cu0P_normal.jpeg
@john_keim
Orakpo has his helmet on and is in individual drills

YpG6pWLF_normal.jpeg
@MikeJonesWaPo
RGIII doing more running today. Changing direction. Actually running pass routes for Larry Hess. Gruden said many weeks away yesterday.

FUNNYDANNY_square_normal.jpg
@funnydanny
At 11:02, who is the most underutilized player on the Redskins?

Damn it. What are these clowns doing eating. They should be spending all of their time on the practice field!!! A freaking bagel?!? No wonder they suck. Should be eating nothing but baked chicken rice and broccoli. I blame this on the training and cooking staff. No wonder our whole team is injured.

I'm sure they are eating heart healthy sawdust and bran bagels.

43b5861b1489cda74a83ecfcf80eb884_normal.

@RobCarlinCSN

Major play by @Rich_TandlerCSN in #Redskins media room! Lasagna, Caesar salad & Italian bread! #LunchTalk  pic.twitter.com/CrW2W4kDhI

iurcxW88_normal.png
@Russellmania980
Getting dicey for Clark. RT @john_keim: Ryan Clark still not working. ... Rg3 throwing to linebackers during drills for their pass drops

43b5861b1489cda74a83ecfcf80eb884_normal.

@RobCarlinCSN

Major play by @Rich_TandlerCSN in #Redskins media room! Lasagna, Caesar salad & Italian bread! #LunchTalk  pic.twitter.com/CrW2W4kDhI

iurcxW88_normal.png
@Russellmania980
Getting dicey for Clark. RT @john_keim: Ryan Clark still not working. ... Rg3 throwing to linebackers during drills for their pass drops

What he should do is throw it to say another coach or somebody else with the intention of deflecting it and have the LBs concentrate on tracking the ball and focusing on catching the deflection. 

#Redskins must handle Arizona's blitz.. what the Skins face by going inside the numbers.. http://es.pn/1tKqwJk 

Emmanual Benton ‏@Manny_PPI  31m

Patrick Peterson = overrated. I bet he shadows DJax tho.

FWIW: Riley still appeared bothered by knee when he ran. RG3 doing better, still not running smooth yet (not surprising)

A win over Arizona would undoubtedly be a quality win--Redskins might be getting them at the perfect time. http://sbnation.com/e/6720866 

Southwestconnection ‏@AZCardinalsSigs  20m

Washington vs. Cardinals 2014 picks and predictions: Arizona thought to win despite QB issues: Arizona attempt... http://bit.ly/1wbsrJs 

azcentral sports ‏@azcsports  23m

.@kentsomers Statistically Larry Fitzgerald is off to his worst start ever. Is this what being phased out looks like? http://ow.ly/Czevm 

Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo  15m

.@FakeMattOReilly Yeah, RGIII was throwing passes to the LBs to help w their drills. Not throwing to LBs as in INTS :-)

#Redskins undergoing roster churn early in Gruden era. http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsblog/redskins-undergoing-roster-churn-early-under-gruden … #RedskinsTalk

BzmPPz1CYAA4ToO.png

.@RGIII participating in agility drills, working his way back from injury. READ | http://oak.ctx.ly/r/1uhtt 

BzmPR7rCcAAWB5T.jpg

Paul Conner retweeted

Archived