Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Kidding about what?  About the national championship?  Yeah.

Kidding about the season being over, not really.  Nobody cares about the GoDaddy Bowl or whatever nonsense they have nowadays.  

Well if you expected more than the Kleenex Tissue bowl you were going to be sorely disappointed :D Maryland will never be a real powerhouse, that's not how college football works.  If they wanted to be even a real contender at all they would need to build a real football stadium.

Have you been watching CJ Brown this season?

Dude has been missing wide open receivers all season.

Not saying he should or shouldn't be benched, not sure anyone else is much better.  But the Terps were just in a dogfight with their defense ****ting the bed in the first half and on the last drive and your posting **** about CJ Brown.  :huh:

Well if you expected more than the Kleenex Tissue bowl you were going to be sorely disappointed :D Maryland will never be a real powerhouse, that's not how college football works.  If they wanted to be even a real contender at all they would need to build a real football stadium.

Not saying he should or shouldn't be benched, not sure anyone else is much better.  But the Terps were just in a dogfight with their defense ****ting the bed in the first half and on the last drive and your posting **** about CJ Brown.  :huh:

I'm posting about it because I feel that the guy sitting on the bench is a potentially better passer.  :(

CJ Brown has such terrible arm strength. Diggs was wide open and he had to come back to the ball and wait a bit. Luckily, he's really fast so he could afford to do that in this instance. On another deep ball, our receiver had to push off a defender to come back to the ball and got called for PI. Only chance he had of getting back to the ball. He even misses on short routes. Most of his passing plays are short passes that turn into long gains or receivers that are so wide open down the field that it's hard to miss them. Sure he can run but I can't wait for him to be done with his 12th year of eligibility so we can stop trotting out a semi fast fullback out at QB every game. 

i got soaked at the game but the defense is beyond awful.  110+ plays on offense. I don't think i have ever seen that.  We had some miracles to get us back into this game. CJ Brown doesn't have any velocity to this throws.  I think we have to make a decision about Rowe. He obviously has a better arm but he has 0 pocket awareness. 

Thank god the weather is really nice tmrw at the redskins game!

Edited by skinfan2k

http://www.testudotimes.com/2014/9/18/6413231/maryland-football-quarterback-battle-cj-brown-caleb-rowe

Maryland football: Randy Edsall says he would consider playing Caleb Rowe

Caleb Rowe could replace C.J. Brown at quarterback for Maryland in the future if Brown's passing problems continue, Randy Edsall said in a radio interview Thursday morning.

Jeff Ermann tracked down the comments from an Edsall appearance with the Sports Junkies.

Brown remains the starter heading into the Week 3 game at Syracuse.

"On a day-to-day basis, if we evaluate things from practice and then, even in the games, C.J.'s the guy that gives us that best opportunity to do all the things we need to do," Edsall said. "But I feel very comfortable and confident that if Caleb has to go in or we need him to go in, he'll be able to do the job."

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Today is opening night for UM Terps Hockey!

The Terps face off against Temple University at 8 PM ET in Laurel, MD. Go Maryland!

http://www.umterpshockey.com/news_article/show/420992?referrer_id=1343379

The University of Maryland Division 2 Club hockey team opens up their 2014-2015 campaign this Friday at The Gardens Ice House.  They face one of their top rivals in the Temple Owls.

The opening games story will surely be the Terps new uniforms, which created buzz around the hockey world when they were introduced to the public on Aug. 22.   The white home jerseys bare the modern Maryland Pride shoulders with the flag, and the word "Terps" around the front.  The away blacks have a similar design with the revamped Maryland "M" on the front.  The uniforms, produced by Rebirth Sports, will be available for purchase to the general public until Sept. 21.

<more at link>

kind of a weird game today. looked like a fairly decisive win on the scoreboard, but the stats and my eyes tell a different story. 

but, syracuse was 2-0 going into this game, and we beat them at home by 14, so i cant complain. 

I watched from the 2nd Quarter onwards.  Seemed to me that Syracuse was simply the inferior team.  The Red Zone Turnovers, the Penalties, the poor Special Teams, etc.  Its just...well, that's crap that a losing team does.  That being said, their running game ate the Turtles up (but I believe it was a function of the entire Starting Linebacker Corps being injured).

All in all, they did put the Orange away by Halftime essentially.  But up next is Indiana.

The B1G gauntlet begins...

Edited by Diehard Otis

Who was it that said we would only win 3 games this year????  I gotta believe we win at least one more ;)

Our defense is putrid.  They got lucky yesterday that Syracuse shot themselves in the foot.

The D will be better (hopefully) when they get some players back.

Yesterday, they were playing without 2/3 of the Dline and several LBs.

Basically, we've been playing with freshman/inexperienced players.

They had the game down here in Charlotte on the "ACC Network" which is code for the CBS affiliate.  They cut the game off at 3:30 for Bama and FL.  I understand MD is not an ACC team, but Syrucuse is and I had a feeling when kickoff was at 12:30 and the Bama game was at 3:30, they'd cut it off.  Charlotte is not Bama/FL territory, so I don't know what that was about unless it's contractual somehow. I don't want the Terps to be on the ACC Network anymore when playing ACC teams.

I was thinking, next year we end the series with West Virginia, we have some games against S. Florida, Syracuse, Bowling Green and Texas the next few years.  I'd love to have an annual game against Virigina.  They've been our "football rival" within the ACC over time and it was our crossover game.  I'd love to renew that on an annual basis with 1 of the 3 out of conference games we get.  Never thought of WVA as our regional rival.

This injury bug under Edsall is bizarre.  I am starting to wonder whether there is a causal relationship in there somewhere, based on the way his program operates.  

What do the strength and conditioning regimens look like under Edsall vs. other schools, and vs. previous Maryland HCs?  Is anything systematically different?