Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Biggest win of the season. Gotta keep the momentum going now. Defense was phenomenal second half, and Morsell was a beast. 

Biggest St takeaway for me is how much this team has matured. 42 points from the three freshmen (Ayala, Stix, and Wiggins). Early in the season, the team went how Cowan went. Tonight, Cowan was bad, but the youngsters and Bruno stepped up and laid waste to Purdue in the second half.

I’ll be in Ann Arbor for the weekend. I’d love to celebrate a HUGE win there.

Let’s go Maryland!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm rewatching the second half. Play of the game (one of many) was when we made a run to open the second half. Edwards hit a three to push Purdue back up 48-42. Ayala immediately comes back down court, breaks Edwards off the dribble causing him to fall down, gives it to Cowan who quickly gives it back to Ayala who swishes a three over the outstretched arm of Haarms. 

14 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Biggest win of the season. Gotta keep the momentum going now. Defense was phenomenal second half, and Morsell was a beast. 

Biggest St takeaway for me is how much this team has matured. 42 points from the three freshmen (Ayala, Stix, and Wiggins). Early in the season, the team went how Cowan went. Tonight, Cowan was bad, but the youngsters and Bruno stepped up and laid waste to Purdue in the second half.

I’ll be in Ann Arbor for the weekend. I’d love to celebrate a HUGE win there.

Let’s go Maryland!

Completely agree with all of that. Cowan wasn't that bad though. 4-9 from the field, albeit 2-7 from three point land. He did have a big and one to start off the second half which quickly cut the deficit to 5. 6 assists, 4 rebounds, and played great defense. Fairly solid game imo.

Freshmen were amazing no doubt about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

I'm rewatching the second half. Play of the game (one of many) was when we made a run to open the second half. Edwards hit a three to push Purdue back up 48-42. Ayala immediately comes back down court, breaks Edwards off the dribble causing him to fall down, gives it to Cowan who quickly gives it back to Ayala who swishes a three over the outstretched arm of Haarms. 

Completely agree with all of that. Cowan wasn't that bad though. 4-9 from the field, albeit 2-7 from three point land. He did have a big and one to start off the second half which quickly cut the deficit to 5. 6 assists, 4 rebounds, and played great defense. Fairly solid game imo.

Freshmen were amazing no doubt about it.

2-7 from behind the arc, 6 turnovers. Cowan rarely plays good defense. He can get very lazy on that end. He was terrible first half, not fighting over screens, and letting his guy get away for easy 3’s. He also got the ball blocked twice, and committed a charge driving to the hoop in the second half. He had a poor game. Bruno, Stix, Ayala, Wiggins, and Morsell all played much better than AC.

Ugh. Bad performance this afternoon by the Terps, and Michigan was ready to be had today. Backcourt was exceptionally poor today. Morsell, Ayala, and Cowan had 6 assists, and 8 turnovers between them. Zero offensive rhythm, especially in the first half.

Stix better spend a lot of his offseason in the weight room. He was getting manhandled inside today, and taking wild shots, when he should be throwing it down.

Biggest difference between the two teams is on the bench. Both teams had their B games today, but Beilein kept finding things that worked, while Turge and the Terps just kept doing the same thing over and over, hoping for a better result. 

3 out of these last 5 is a must. 4 out of 5 probably gets them a 5 seed. Backcourt MUST buckle down though.

2 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Stix better spend a lot of his offseason in the weight room. He was getting manhandled inside today, and taking wild shots, when he should be throwing it down.

Completely agree. All year long I've been saying this. He catches the ball down low and hesitates, or makes some pivot move and throws up a wild shot. His post game and footwork is lacking, plus he lacks strength and confidence. I hope he comes back for his own benefit cuz he's not ready for the NBA. 

• Like 1

One thing that remains consistent in B1G basketball, is inconsistent officiating. Bruno gets hammered on his drive, no call, though Iowa getting fouls every drive. Then following the no call, guy clearly walks before he makes the pass for the three.

The team down 10 is in the plus bonus, while only committing 5 fouls themselves, although Bruno is getting mauled inside all night. B1G officiating🤮

Personal fouls 22-11. Brutal.

Bohannon is a little prick too.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1