Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Click to read the rest

http://maryland.247sports.com/Article/BREAKING-Terrance-Davis-Commits-To-Terps-42456915

Blue-Chip OL Terrance Davis Commits To Terps

Maryland has landed one of the top offensive linemen in the country. Four-star DeMatha (Md.) offensive guard Terrance Davis announced his commitment to the Terps moments this afternoon during Saturday's Under Armour All-American game, choosing Maryland over finalists Michigan and Florida along with a long list of other powerhouse offers.

Davis, the No. 2 offensive guard and No. 66 overall prospect in the Class of 2016, joins three DeMatha classmates who will make the short drive to College Park next season.

"It's close to home, I like coach Durkin. The first time I went to sit down and meet with him, I liked his energy. The plan he has for the program to take them to the next level and I'm just trying to compete right away in the Big Ten east and win," Davis told 247Sports earlier this week. "I know coach Aazaar [Abdul-Rahim] very well, the hires he's made, we probably have one of the best coaching staffs in the country right now, and it's close to home. Like I said, the education is good, and they play in the second-best conference in the country so that's a plus.

With the commitment of Davis, the No. 1 ranked senior in Maryland, the Terps now hold commitments from three of the top five players in Maryland -- a nearly unthinkable local haul in many recent years. Davis believes the hometown fans have a lot to look forward to.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

I really hope MD doesn't run in to any teams in the tourney that play 2-3 defense. They'll have trouble. Always look clueless against it on offense.

This is going to be the real test of the Terp coaching staff.

Can they get UMd comfortable playing vs a zone for long periods of time?  If yes, they will have a great chance to go to Final 4.  If not, they will struggle mightily in the tournament.

Maryland has the best back court in college basketball. And it may not be close. Trimble, Sulaimon shine as Terps dominate Northwestern.

Pulverizing a decent B1G team like that is exactly what you'd ideally have the No. 4 squad in the country be doing on a night like tonight.

The final margin was 13 points, but this was a rout. Maryland led by double digits for 32 minutes, including the entire second half.

• Like 1

Great game Terps, better than the UConn game I'd say. This was essentially a 20 point game with about 8 mins left in the first.

And, to think, accomplished with Melo having a poor start, and Nickens continuing his construction work from the Penn St. game.

Sulaimon was feeling it, and Stone continues to impress. Love Carter's energy also. When he plays like that, it lifts the whole team. What fantastic additions, those three!

Good decision to rest Stone most of 2nd, as NW couldn't sustain a run. Frosh are gonna hit a wall at some point, nice to be able to try and keep em fresh for the B1G drive, and postseason.

All in all, great effort after the Penn St. near debacle.

• Like 1

DJ is putting together a staff of recruiters. Love it.

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Maryland-Hires-Chris-Beatty-as-Receivers-Coach-42526038

Report: Maryland Hires Chris Beatty as Receivers Coach

Maryland has hired former Virginia assistant Chris Beatty to coach wide receivers, per a report by Thayer Evans of Sports Illustrated.

Beatty, 42, is a native of Chantilly, Va., and has worked previously at Virginia, Wisconsin, Illinois, Vanderbilt and West Virginia. He has deep ties in talent-rich Virginia. A successful high school coach at Landsdowne High (Va.), where he posted a 40-2 record and coached eventual Florida star Percy Harvin, he began his college coaching career as offensive coordinator at Hampton in 2006. He's another strong recruiter for Terps coach D.J. Durkin, who's dramatically increased Maryland's recruiting profile by hiring assistants with track records of securing highly regarded players.

He was the primary recruiter for most of Virginia's top commits last season and was reportedly set to join new Syracuse coach Dino Babers' staff before accepting an offer from Durkin. He also got a commitment from blue-chip quarterback Tahj Boyd at WVU , although Boyd later switched to Clemson.

A former standout receiver at East Tennessee State University, Beatty replaces Keenan McCardell, Maryland's receivers coach the past two seasons.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH