Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Melo Trimble is a stud. He'll leave early for the NBA but it's about time the Terps got a one and done stud frosh.

He is definitely a stud. I'm not sure if he will be one and done, but he won't be around for long. The current mock drafts don't even have him being drafted. Unless you are an expected lottery pick, l don't think you should leave after 1 year. I guess we will see how the year progresses and if he starts shooting up the draft boards. Whatever happens, I know I will enjoy watching him for however long he stays.

Yes things didn't look good early with all those players leaving but Turgeon was able to find replacements

Looking over the schedule now and any big games such as Wisconsin @ MD I might go and take a look at the team 

Time goes by fast, we're already halfway through conference play at 5-1 

Yes things didn't look good early with all those players leaving....

They didn't "leave", they were advised that their future at MD would be limited and I am sure at least a couple were told their scholarship would not be renewed.  MD and Turgeon took the high road and did not condemn them and gave them a chance to go.

Just a FYI for future games that might be on CBS but not in your viewing area on DTV or whatever, but that game was streamable on cbssports.com, in case anyone didn't know. Not sure if all CBS games are like that, but there was a link right on their main page to watch it. 

Any news on Ivan Bender? I saw all the reports that he would be eligible immediately, but there dont seem to be many updates. It would be nice to see a big who was able to score a little on the floor (assuming he is!). 

At this point, would it take injuries to get him on the court to not waste a year of eligibility on a partial year.

Edited by Brad_Edwards_Fan

Any news on Ivan Bender? I saw all the reports that he would be eligible immediately, but there dont seem to be many updates. It would be nice to see a big who was able to score a little on the floor (assuming he is!). 

At this point, would it take injuries to get him on the court to not waste a year of eligibility on a partial year.

Bender is still rehabbing a knee inury and isn't expected to play this season.

Biggest Mover

Maryland Terrapins

Randy Edsall saw his program shoot up 10 spots in the recruiting rankings Saturday as Maryland picked up pledges from four-star offensive guard Quarvez Boulwarefrom Washington (D.C.) Friendship and defensive end Oseh Saine.

Now holding the nation’s No. 37 ranked recruiting class, good for No. 6 in the Big Ten, the Terrapins can be real pleased with the offensive line class that is led by Boulware and fellow four-star E.J. Donahue, with the big fish Top100 offensive tackle Isaiah Prince still on the board. Maryland is considered the favorite for Prince over his other finalists Alabama and Ohio State, and 247Sports was told on Saturday that Boulware’s commitment should help with Prince.

Maryland is really building up that offensive line, landing five-star offensive tackleDamian Prince and former blue-chipper Derwin Gray in the 2014 class.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Click to read the rest

http://maryland.247sports.com/Article/Oseh-Saine-Fell-In-Love-With-Maryland-34851512

Oseh Saine "Fell In Love" With Maryland, Set to Enroll

During a month full of under-the-radar prospects popping up on Maryland football's defensive lineman recruiting list,Oseh Saine emerged as a possibile addition to shore up the defensive line for 2015. Shortly after speaking with position coach Chad Wilt last month, Saine gave his verbal to the Maryland staff.

"I just knew that I would be a good fit for Maryland, I knew almost immediately," Saine said.

Still, it wasn't a done deal. Maryland's staff held off on accepting Saine's commitment until his academic profile was complete -- previous academic concerns led to his de-commitment from Boston College last year -- and Randy Edsall generally makes it a rule for prospects to visit before committing.

That's exactly what happened this weekend, when the 6-foot-4, 265-pound defensive end from Worcester Academy (Mass.) solidified his commitment during his official visit. He'd also been hearing from Syracuse, BC and others.

Any one going to Comcast center, is it true lots 1b and 1d are free. I don't mind walking a bit to see a game.

When I went to terps games we parked right outside the Comcast center. Need a pass for that. So free parking would be awesome

Edited by ixcuincle

We MIGHT be on the verge of a top 5-10 recruiting class for 2016.

http://www.testudotimes.com/2015/1/20/7802065/simms-hopes-to-commit-before-senior-year

Landon LB Keith Simms talks Maryland, Dwayne Haskins, the movement

Randy Edsall and the Maryland coaching staff have been tirelessly recruiting linebackers in hopes of replacing the veteran leadership lost to graduation this offseason. One glimmer of hope comes in the form of 2016 Landon School (MD) standout LB/TE Keith Simms. Simms has been aggressively courted by Edsall and defensive line coach Chad Wilt, and he's come away impressed thus far.

"Maryland is obviously the hometown school so I like that, and a lot of the recruits are my friends," Simms said. "We're trying to go to the same school and a lot of those guys want to stay home and play for their state. That's one thing that helps Maryland out a lot."

Simms has taken notice of the buzz surrounding Maryland's recruiting campaigns, like the 30 for 30 #DMV2UMD campaign, and has kept in contact with some of the other local heavyweights about the idea of joining forces.

"I talked to Dwayne Haskins about it. We played against each other in our conference. He always advocates Maryland. We've talked about how that could be a potential place for both of us. With Adam McLean and Tino Ellis, there is a group chat and we all talk on that. Other than that, I don't talk to them as much as I talk to Dwayne. Dwayne is definitely trying to get everyone to go to one school, and he's been advocating Maryland a lot, especially as of late."