Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Putting Together an All-Time Redskins Team on a Budget

skinfan2k

Saw this on another site but this could be something fun to argue with fellow fans in the offseason.   

Put together an offense using a $10 budget (each guy is playing at their prime). HAVE FUN! 

And let's imagine that these offensive players play behind the Hogs

QBs

$5-Sammy Baugh

$4-Sonny

$3- Joey T

$2-RG3

$1- Billy Kilmer

RB

$5-John Riggins

$4- Larry Brown

$3- Clinton Portis

$2-Stephen Davis

$1- Alfred Morris

WR

$5-Art Monk

$4-Charley Taylor

$3- Gary Clark

$2- Santana Moss

$1- Bobby Mitchell

TE

$5- Jerry Smith

$4- Chris Cooley

$3- Stephen Alexander

$2- Don Warren

$1- Jordan Reed

Flex

$5-Ricky Sanders

$4-Brian Mitchell

$3- Earnest Byner

$2-Pierre Garcon

$1- Joe Washington

Thoughts?

My thoughts are underlined.  Fast aggressive and quick team behind the hogs

I'm confused, where did the dollar values of the players come from?

The site that I visited had those values already created so i just used them.  It seems like a fair representation of what guys are valued at their position in redskins history

QBs
$1- Billy Kilmer, no way in hell I would pick Griffin over any of those players right now. Griffin is not on those guys level. Maybe one day he will be better but from 2 seasons or work, no way. I really wanted a higher priced player here since it's the QB position but Kilmer in his prime would be an excellent choice. In his prime he led the NFL in Won Loss team record, TD passes, and passer rating. He took the team to the Superbowl and was favored to win that game over the only undefeated team in history. He screams value to me so he's my QB

RB
$3- Clinton Portis - Man it was sooooo hard not to pick the cheap $1 Alfred Morris, but honestly I couldn't get away from Portis. Plus who knows how Morris is going to do in his overall career. In his prime Portis rushed for over 1500 rushing yards in his first two seasons in the league averaging 5.5 yards per rush which still are a NFL record for first two seasons and that includes Morris. He is my RB

WR
$1- Bobby Mitchell - Alot of people might not know who Mitchell is. He was drafted by the Browns and was part two of the two headed Jim Brown monster RB backfield that is widely thought of as the best two RB backfield of all time. In his first season in Washington he caught 69 passes for 1436 passing yards in 1962. In his career he led the NFL in receiving yards twice (Moss never did that once) and was the second player in the league to ever have a 99 pass reception. If he was our #1 WR in his prime this would work great and would be a dual threat.

TE
$4- Chris Cooley - My highest priced player selected comes down to this for me. Chris Cooley is the all time receiver for TE in the history of this team. It's him versus the field. In addition Cooley went to as many Probowls as did all of the field. I can't find a person on the list I think belongs here on his level. I am taking Cooooooleeeeee.  

Flex
$1- Joe Washington - Well by default I have to take JW, not thrilled about it (He was my last pick of the field) but the silver lining in this pick to me is that in his prime he led the NFL with 82 pass receptions and had 242 rushing carries for 884 yards. That's Roger Craig like, so he would work well as a flex especially lined up with Bobby Mitchell. Teams wouldn't know what hit them with those two in the mix.

$3-Joe T

$1-Alfred

$3-Clark

$1-Reed

$2-Garcon

wanted Sammy but couldn't afford the rest. so Joe T, Alfred toting the rock not riggo, but I can live with it, Clark speed, deep, beyond confident, Garcon toughness attitude slants etc. Reed great value.

This makes me smile. I am probably the only person on Earth that actually has a Don Warren jersey.

I like Donnie, but since it is fantasy sports shouldn't the value be in Clint Didier? Donnie was the blue collar blocker but Clint had 20+ TDs for us back in the days.

QB: Joey T - $3 (superbowl victory and as good of a QB you could as for from 81-83)

RB: Morris -$1 (love his combination of character, quickness and strength)

WR: Charlie Taylor -$4 (hall of famer and Art Monk's position coach.. you could argue he was Art Monk before Art Monk was Art Monk)

Flex: Garcon - $2 (Another big, fast receiver with sure hands!)

TE: Since he isn't on the list.. I'm picking up Clint Didier off of Wavers for nothing and making him my pass catching TE! 

Here's an idea

This weekend I found a Denver Broncos football that was signed by 5 players from the 1980's and 90's. To identify these men I looked online and found that the Broncos message forums had run a "Best Bronco to ever wear the number (Whatever)", and using that information I was able to identify the five players who signed the ball. Do a best player to ever wear number game with the Redskins

• 2 weeks later...

How about putting together a 53-man roster, by vote on each position, to create an All-Time Redskins team? I asked last off season about doing it, but I'm not sure I'm the right person to put it together...

Been done already by KD.

I'll get you a link when I've more time and I aren't on my cell.

Hail.

Archived