Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LeBron makes empty threats...

Smitty.89x

That's definitely debatable. But lets focus on the important things Smitty, like LeBron being a whiny **** :D

That entire team is whiny ****es. LeBron is the only superstar ever that whines and acts dramatically about every single call or non call.

Kobe after being clotheslines by Raja Bell in '06:
"Does he know me? Do I know this guy? I don't know this guy. I might have said one word to this guy. I don't know this kid. I think he overreacts to stuff. . . . I don't know this kid. I don't need to know this kid. I don't want to. We go out there, we play the game and leave it at that. Maybe he wasn't hugged enough as a kid. I look at him a little bit, he gets a little insecure or something. I don't know."

LeBron is mentally weak. LeBron's quote is more attacking, like he is insecure. 

Hold on, maybe im missing something. You conclude that Lebron is mentally weak from a quote by Kobe after being hit by Raja Bell? Interesting strategy there.

Those guys played with heart, desire and a fire that cannot be compared to when discussing today's players.  LeBron does not fit in that category.  He literally had to talk his buddies into playing together in Miami in the off-season to win championships.  That's all fine and dandy, I really wonder how that never happened before, could you imagine if Jordan, Magic, Bird, Ewing and Barkley (or any combination) had said, hey guys, we should all play together for (insert team name here).  

Jordan didnt need to, he had Pippen and Rodman. Its funny how people thing LeBron had such an amazing team with Cleveland when he left. Theres a reason why the Cavs had the worst record in the league when LeBron left. Also, they set the record for most consecutive losses, remember? One would need to forget these things to make the same old tired argument that Jordan wouldnt have done what LeBron did because hes a competitior. 

Do you know what the bulls record was the year Jordan Left? 55-27. They were also ranked 3rd in the NBA in Defense. Scottie Pippen won MVP. They made the playoffs and advanced past the first round.

I just don't like the guy 

Well now it makes sense.

I used to be a hater when I was younger. Made **** up to try and prove a point about Lebron until I realized how dumb I sounded

I was the same way man. Mainly because he killed my wizards year in and year out. But now I come to appreciate his game.

Back on topic...

LeBron is a ****.

There are rumors in Charlotte that Michael Jordan, who has already said he wants another max free agent to pair with Big Al, is going to make a run at Melo this summer. Carmelo is a Jordan Brand guy and would at least listen to what Jordan had to say.

Kemba Walker
PJ Hairston (draft)
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Carmelo Anthony (FA)
Al Jefferson

LeBron would opt out of his contract and head to LA so fast lmao. He'd want none of that.

You are very optimistic lol

LeBron isn't the best right now...

Durant is the best player in the world.

Not yet. No post game, average defense, relies to heavily on his jumpshot, that doesnt work in the playoffs.

But after reading that last quote, perhaps I should read the entire thread first before quoting and replying. It would save me a lot of time aruging with someone who clearly has a motive here lol

And the next season without him (until he came out of retirement at the end of the season) they were 47-35.  They started rebuilding again in the second year after Jordan left, then he came back, then they got the services of Rodman.  

I'm not sure that was a good comparison considering the Cavs immediately began rebuilding after LeBron left.  The starting line-up and points/game his last year in Cleveland were:  Shaq (12.0), Jamison (15.8), James (29.7), Parker (7.3) and Mo Williams (15.8).  Compared to the starting line-up the next year which was:  Varejao (9.1), Jamison (18.0), Gee (7.4), Parker (8.3), Baron Davis (13.9).  

Not to mention when you look at the bench players at each position for each season, in the season after he left, most of them were having to start due to the starters being injured.  Sure, Shaq was hurt that year a lot, but they literally lost their two top scorers (Mo Williams, LeBron) along with their 4th (Shaq) and didn't replace them.  The only player they acquired was Baron Davis.  

Varejao was a downgrade, even to a crippled Shaq. Anthony Gee didn't exactly stun the world with his 7.4 points/game.  Baron Davis was the only player they brought in worth a darn and he averaged less than Mo Williams did.  

The Bulls still had carry over from their first three-peat championship team, the only major player they lost was Jordan.  They still had a playoff team.  The Cavs had a playoff team, then lost three players and actually replaced one.  Sure, they took a harder fall in the win/loss column, they lost three starters.  

The starting five from the championship Bulls team (Jordan, BJ Armstrong, Pippen, Grant and Cartwright).  The starting five the year after Jordan left (Pippen, Grant, BJ Armstrong, Cartwright, Pete Myers), plus they added Steve Kerr to replace Paxon, Kukoc, etc. to the bench.  They still had a really good team.  

And don't forget, Pippen almost imploded having to take all the glory once MJ retired, he almost crumbled under the pressure from the expectations and shoes he had to fill. 

Edit:  I'm not saying that the Cavs had a championship team LeBrons last year, cause they didn't.  They had a really good team and a playoff team.  The Bulls had one of the best teams assembled from the five starters through the bench and only lost MJ.  They went from being a championship contender to a really good playoff team because they retained everyone and added key replacements and additions.  Cleveland went into rebuild mode immediately.  Apples and Oranges man.

LeBron is actually a really cool guy. Very gracious and open to talking to fans.

Same can not be said for many of the other guys I have met over the years.

Off the court, can't say anything bad about LeBron.  I'd rather meet him than MJ.  But he is a whiny ***** on the court.  It is what it is.

Another awesome guy in public: Charles Barkley

How many times has Michael Jordan told his own mother to shut the **** up and sit her ass down?

Wait...you SERIOUSLY trying to say that Mike Jordan isn't a douchebag?  LMAOOOOOOOO

In regards to Lebron...the ONE aspect of his life where I actually feel bad for him is that he has an awful mother.  His mom is the definition of ratchet.  Just an utter embarrassment.

How many championships did Chicago win before/after Jordan?

Hint: 0

Chicago is historically one of the worst teams in basketball history if you take away the Jordan era.

LeBron left because he was a ****.

How many championships did Cleveland win before/after James?

Cleveland is historically one of the worst teams in basketball history if you take away the James era.

Jordan never left because he actually had a really good team.

Wow this thread went crazy with the personal hate. I've never met Lebron but he doesn't strike me as a bad guy at all. He's got the ego that pretty much every ultra successful person has but that's comes with the territory. He seems like a cool enough guy to me but like I said, I just don't see him as a tough guy. He's not David West. It's interesting because physically he's a monster at 6-8 260. It's not easy to make that look non-threatening but Lebron manages to do it. He's as credible a bad ass as Channing Tatum but you know what? That's ok. He's got a beautiful family, championships, money, fame, and a brand that will outlive his playing career.

1)----And the next season without him (until he came out of retirement at the end of the season) they were 47-35.  They started rebuilding again in the second year after Jordan left, then he came back, then they got the services of Rodman.  

2)----I'm not sure that was a good comparison considering the Cavs immediately began rebuilding after LeBron left.  The starting line-up and points/game his last year in Cleveland were:  Shaq (12.0), Jamison (15.8), James (29.7), Parker (7.3) and Mo Williams (15.8).  Compared to the starting line-up the next year which was:  Varejao (9.1), Jamison (18.0), Gee (7.4), Parker (8.3), Baron Davis (13.9).  

3)----Not to mention when you look at the bench players at each position for each season, in the season after he left, most of them were having to start due to the starters being injured.  Sure, Shaq was hurt that year a lot, but they literally lost their two top scorers (Mo Williams, LeBron) along with their 4th (Shaq) and didn't replace them.  The only player they acquired was Baron Davis.  

4)-----Varejao was a downgrade, even to a crippled Shaq. Anthony Gee didn't exactly stun the world with his 7.4 points/game.  Baron Davis was the only player they brought in worth a darn and he averaged less than Mo Williams did.  

5)----The Bulls still had carry over from their first three-peat championship team, the only major player they lost was Jordan.  They still had a playoff team.  The Cavs had a playoff team, then lost three players and actually replaced one.  Sure, they took a harder fall in the win/loss column, they lost three starters.  

6)----The starting five from the championship Bulls team (Jordan, BJ Armstrong, Pippen, Grant and Cartwright).  The starting five the year after Jordan left (Pippen, Grant, BJ Armstrong, Cartwright, Pete Myers), plus they added Steve Kerr to replace Paxon, Kukoc, etc. to the bench.  They still had a really good team.  

And don't forget, Pippen almost imploded having to take all the glory once MJ retired, he almost crumbled under the pressure from the expectations and shoes he had to fill. 

7)---Edit:  I'm not saying that the Cavs had a championship team LeBrons last year, cause they didn't.  They had a really good team and a playoff team.  The Bulls had one of the best teams assembled from the five starters through the bench and only lost MJ.  They went from being a championship contender to a really good playoff team because they retained everyone and added key replacements and additions.  Cleveland went into rebuild mode immediately.  Apples and Oranges man.

Wow there is so much wrong with this post. Lets see:

1) Okay, since you chose to ignore that scottie won MVP the year after Jordan left, fine.The second year where they had 47 wins for a team thats "rebuilding" is so crappy. I mean how could they only win 47 games? What a historically bad team that was.

2,3 and 4) 

Shaq 2009-2010: 12.0 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 1.2 blk

Varejao 2010-2011: 9.1 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 1.2 blk, 0.9 stl

Downgrade? Not a chance. You really think if Shaq stayed with cleveland the year Lebron left, that the team would be magically better? Yo pass that stuff to me man. Ofcourse everyone did much worse, LeBron ran that team, gave everybody great looks and easy shots. What, did you expect them to keep the same productivity without him?

Cavs did not have a playoff team. Youre crazy to think so. Youre forgetting that Mo williams was still apart of cleveland after lebron left, and yes he was apart of that hisotric losing streak. So hes not as great of a player you think he is, and didnt make that much of an impact as you think he did. If youre saying Mo williams is LeBron's Pippen, then I dont know why im wasting my time debating with you.

"The only major player they lost is jordan".... you mean, MJ, the GOAT? Yeah losing him wouldn't make that much of a difference right? It wouldve, had the team not already been great LIKE I SAID. Youre proving my point. Why would Jordan want to leave a team thats already great? Thats why he didnt do what lebron did. LeBron's cavs team SUCKED, which is evident by there record after they left, and that historic losing streak. And they have been rebuilding for 4 years, and still cant fill the void lebron left.

6) "Pippen almost imploded..." Where do you get this stuff from man? Do you just make it up?

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/columns/story?id=5460194

Michael, I love you," Pippen called out to no one in particular, "but I'm glad to see you go."

7) Ofcourse they didnt, they didnt even have a playoff team if it werent for LeBron. "A really good team and a playoff team." Are you a cavs fan? You're whole post is backing up what I said. 

Jordan never did what LeBron did, because Jordan actually had a team. That is what I said from the get go.

MJ once punched Steve Kerr in the face during practice because he was having a bad day. He's my favorite athlete ever as well as a human breathing douche

LeBron has been a great teammate as far as I know. Stop reaching guys

Seriously. Since when did acting like an MMA fighter on the court become part of the criteria for a great player? I dont think Durant is a fighter either, does that make him less of a player?

Most NBA players aren't fighters in the literal sense (many act like they are, ala Kevin Garnett. Or Melo throwing a punch and running, or Paul Pierce running his mouth sans his version of Unbreakables Mr Glass in the '08 Finals). And if there is a dude that can indeed throw hands, and will be willing to do it on the court, he's probably on the end f somebody's bench, only to be used for a few minutes in  a blowout, or to commit a hard foul to send a message.

The NBA is a relatively soft league, especially compared to sports like

How many championships did Cleveland win before/after James?

Cleveland is historically one of the worst teams in basketball history if you take away the James era.

Jordan never left because he actually had a really good team.

Bulls - Jordan: 0 titles

Bulls + Jordan: 6 titles

Cavs - LeBron: 0 titles

Cavs + LeBron: 0 titles

Bulls avg w/l - Jordan: 36-46

Bulls avg w/l + Jordan: 57-25

Cavs avg w/l - LeBron: 38-44

Cavs avg w/l + LeBron: 49-33

Jordan: +21 wins per season

LeBron: +11 wins per season

Jordan: +6 championships

LeBron: goose egg

LeBron fans should stop comparing him to the GOAT. They are nothing alike.

Bulls - Jordan: 0 titles

Bulls + Jordan: 6 titles

Cavs - LeBron: 0 titles

Cavs + LeBron: 0 titles

Bulls avg w/l - Jordan: 36-46

Bulls avg w/l + Jordan: 57-25

Cavs avg w/l - LeBron: 38-44

Cavs avg w/l + LeBron: 49-33

Jordan: +21 wins per season

LeBron: +11 wins per season

Jordan: +6 championships

LeBron: goose egg

You repeated the same thing multiple times.

Bulls with Jordan= Championship

Bulls without Jordan= 2nd Round playoff exit.

Cavs with LeBron= Finals, multiple playoff exits.

Cavs without LeBron= historic losing streak, worst record in the NBA.

Jordan with Bulls= Championship

Jordan not with Bulls= 2nd Round playoff exit, with an MVP on the squad..

LeBron with Cavs= Finals, multiple playoff exits

LeBron not with Cavs= Historic losing streak, worst record in the NBA.

See how repeating the same thing doesnt really make your argument better?

Also are you looking at avg win-record for the franchises' history? Because that would make absolutely no sense and adds nothing to this debate. Who cares what the bulls record was 20 years before jordan was there? give me a break. Why wouldnt compare the records from the year jordan was there to the year he left. And then do the same with LeBron? Ill tell you why, because that would completely throw your argument out the window.

"LeBron fans should stop comparing him to the GOAT. They are nothing alike." I'm guessing the whole world minus LeBron haters are just flat our wrong for comparing LBJ to MJ? You think anyone will take your seriously after you said Big Al was the most dominant center in the league?

The irony of this post is that the person who first compared LeBron to Jordan here was a Jordan fan.  And mostly Jordan fans continue to bring it up.  So for the LeBron haters... you are comparing the guy you hate to the greatest basketball player of all time.  

I have no problem acknowledging that Michael Jordan was among the top two or three greatest players of all time.  It could be argued he's the GOAT.    But the tone of this thread was all about LeBron's personality.  And for whatever it's worth, he wins that battle hands down over Michael Jordan.

You repeated the same thing multiple times.

Bulls with Jordan= Championship

Bulls without Jordan= 2nd Round playoff exit.

Cavs with LeBron= Finals, multiple playoff exits.

Cavs without LeBron= historic losing streak, worst record in the NBA.

Jordan with Bulls= Championship

Jordan not with Bulls= 2nd Round playoff exit, with an MVP on the squad..

LeBron with Cavs= Finals, multiple playoff exits

LeBron not with Cavs= Historic losing streak, worst record in the NBA.

See how repeating the same thing doesnt really make your argument better?

Also are you looking at avg win-record for the franchises' history? Because that would make absolutely no sense and adds nothing to this debate. Who cares what the bulls record was 20 years before jordan was there? give me a break. Why wouldnt compare the records from the year jordan was there to the year he left. And then do the same with LeBron? Ill tell you why, because that would completely throw your argument out the window.

"LeBron fans should stop comparing him to the GOAT. They are nothing alike." I'm guessing the whole world minus LeBron haters are just flat our wrong for comparing LBJ to MJ? You think anyone will take your seriously after you said Big Al was the most dominant center in the league?

Last 3 with, first 3 without:

Bulls- 72, 69, 62, 13, 17, 15

Cavs- 45, 66, 61, 19, 21, 24

Comparing the recent years doesn't change anything. Gap is still much wider in Chicago.

Big Al is the most dominant center in the league.

Paul Piece, Eric Spoelstra, Doc Rivers & several others have said as much this season.

Last 3 with, first 3 without:

Bulls- 72, 69, 62, 13, 17, 15

Cavs- 45, 66, 61, 19, 21, 24

Comparing the recent years doesn't change anything. Gap is still much wider in Chicago.

Big Al is the most dominant center in the league.

Paul Piece, Eric Spoelstra, Doc Rivers & several others have said as much this season.

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT DATA? LOL

Edit. Oh I see what you did there. Why didnt you include the record from the first retirement?

Oh my mistake, if Paul Pierce says it, then it must be true! Cause hes the Truth!

Edit2: 

Bulls record the 4 years before jordan: 45-37, 34-48, 28-54, 27-55

Bulls record the 4 years after jordan: 38-44, 30-52, 40-42, 50-32

Cavs Record the 4 years before James: 32-50, 20-52, 29-53, 17-65

Cavs record the 4 years after James: 35-47, 42-40, 50-32, 50-32

Compare Kobe's quote to Lebron's "come up swinging" quote. 

Hold on, maybe im missing something. You conclude that Lebron is mentally weak from a quote by Kobe after being hit by Raja Bell? Interesting strategy there.

Jordan didnt need to, he had Pippen and Rodman. Its funny how people thing LeBron had such an amazing team with Cleveland when he left. Theres a reason why the Cavs had the worst record in the league when LeBron left. Also, they set the record for most consecutive losses, remember? One would need to forget these things to make the same old tired argument that Jordan wouldnt have done what LeBron did because hes a competitior. 

Do you know what the bulls record was the year Jordan Left? 55-27. They were also ranked 3rd in the NBA in Defense. Scottie Pippen won MVP. They made the playoffs and advanced past the first round.

Well now it makes sense.

I was the same way man. Mainly because he killed my wizards year in and year out. But now I come to appreciate his game.

You are very optimistic lol

Not yet. No post game, average defense, relies to heavily on his jumpshot, that doesnt work in the playoffs.

But after reading that last quote, perhaps I should read the entire thread first before quoting and replying. It would save me a lot of time aruging with someone who clearly has a motive here lol

Compare Kobe's quote to Lebron's "come up swinging" quote. Kobe didn't feel the need to assert himself. He did not need to point out what he would do in a hypothetical situation. 

Archived