Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LeBron makes empty threats...

Smitty.89x

Big Al was the March & April NBA Eastern Conference Player of the Month averaging 26 pts 14 reb & leading Charlotte to a 16-8 record.

Miami finished the season 11-14.

Miami barely beat Charlotte the two regular season games that Big Al played in, once from a lucky OT 3pt heave by Bosh.

Miami only beat Charlotte by 11 & 4 at home without Big Al anywhere near healthy. He is playing with a torn muscle in his foot.

Charlotte won 43 games this season with Big Al. They only won 28 games the previous 2 seasons combined without him. He's the most dominant center in the league and Miami has nobody who can guard him.

It's not a stretch to think Charlotte could've knocked off Miami if he was healthy. They aren't that great this year.

Dude, we wouldn't have beaten the Heat (won the series) with a healthy Jefferson. They've beaten us close to 20 straight times!!

The Bobcats are on the right track though. They just lack another scorer like Monta Ellis that could make teams pay for doubling Al.

Hey, I gave them one W before the series started. They still have time to make it happen. I'm also not sure about the "Best Center in the league" stuff. He's good, but I'd still take Dwight, Gasol, Lopez, Cousins, Hibbert, and a few others over him.

Smitty has been wrong about several things, but not Jefferson. Guy is an absolute beast. It's a joke that Hibbert made the ASG over him. Hibbert is in no way shape or form better than Jefferson. Out of those guys you listed, I'd only take Cousins and Howard over Al.

And I'm not a homer, you know that. But you really should have seen him this year when he was healthy.

Edit: Noah is a beast, too.

Cool. Just let the league know this after the series is over and maybe they can give him the Purple Heart...

Yes. Luck. The crutch that every fan uses when they can't accept reality. The reality is that even with Jefferson and Walker, its still not enough to beat us in a 4 game series. There's no mystery when it comes figuring out how to beat Miami. And they sleepwalked through certain portions of the season. But when its time to nut up, they are a tough out. Fwiw I actually had them going 4-1 in this series. They may not be the team they were last season when they went hard during the regular season (their defense frustrated the hell out of me at times), but "Not great" is quite a stretch, and honestly at this point, "16 wins" is all that matters to us.

Other teams ( like the "Gold Swaggalicious" Pacers) can have the regular season. playoffs is a different animal. I don't expect this to be an easy series, but to think that the Bobcats could've cured cancer "if Jefferson was healthy" is hilarious. It didn't matter during the regular season, and its not going to matter now.

I'm sorry.

Yeah Jefferson or not, Charlotte's not good enough to take 4 from Miami.

As for Indiana, has nothing to do with the playoffs.  They sucked before the playoffs started,

So ****ing true, you're a lot better at putting to words what I want to say. Here's what I don't understand, I watch sports to watch greatness, and here is a once in a decade talent and all people want to do is **** about the most petty nonsense about the guy. I'm gonna enjoy watching greatness while it's here, not **** about perceived arrogance, which ALL superstars have and need to have.

Yeah, Le**** needs to shut his ****ing mouth.  In game 3, if I were the Bobcats, on his first drive to the basket, I'd smash him right in the mouth with a hard foul.  Back in the day Jordan literally got beat down by the Pistons and never ****ed like this tool does.  Yes, Jordan got more than his share of calls, but the game was more physical back then.  Anyone that watched remembered the Jordan Rules.  

Don't get me wrong, he's one of the best ever and fun to watch, but I don't think he would have made it back when the big boys played, regardless of his size/speed.  There was no such **** as flagrant 2 fouls.  There were hard fouls, period.  Sometimes ejections.  People can say what they want, Ewing, Hakeem, Jordan, Magic, Malone would have owned Le**** every time they played, in my opinion.

Sure LeBron could hang, but I don't think he has the mentality to be cut-throat like the greats were back in the day before touching someones hand equals a foul, like today's NBA. 

Jordan *****ed all the time, you kidding me?  He called the Pistons thugs and said they were bad for the game.  He and Pippen whined.

Now Bird didn't take their ****.

As for Indiana, has nothing to do with the playoffs.  They sucked before the playoffs started,

Jordan *****ed all the time, you kidding me?  He called the Pistons thugs and said they were bad for the game.  He and Pippen whined.

MJ called them out postgame after the 4 game sweep in 91 lol.

Ppl reach for anything to criticize LeBron. 

MJ called them out postgame after the 4 game sweep in 91 lol.

Ppl reach for anything to criticize LeBron. 

Magic and Bird didn't have to talk anybody to join their teams because they were blessed to go to the two best teams. Ewing just played during the wrong era. The Knicks probably would have won at least one if it wasn't for the Bulls. Charles did go ring chasing, so did pretty much every other great in the 90's. Can't punish LeBron for doing it earlier. And it has paid off so far. Three straight trips to the finals, and back to back Final MVP.

We can talk about LeBron ask we want, fact is, the dude is a beast. Might not be mentally strong, but he's a beast.

I agree but to be fair Bird did take a 29 win team to 60 wins as a rookie before McHale/Parrish.

I used to be a hater when I was younger. Made **** up to try and prove a point about Lebron until I realized how dumb I sounded

Okay listen, it's not a big deal to be a hater.  Every great athlete gets irrational hate.  From Wayne Gretzky to LeBron.  Crosby, Ovechkin, Jordan, etc. etc. 

Part of the territory.

Okay listen, it's not a big deal to be a hater.  Every great athlete gets irrational hate.  From Wayne Gretzky to LeBron.  Crosby, Ovechkin, Jordan, etc. etc. 

Part of the territory.

Dude i know.

Every popular/great entertainer (LBJ, Ovi, RGIII, Manziel, Harper, Jeter. Hell, even Drake lol) does. It's part of the culture now. I feel as though it's immature though. Hating someone for little to nothing when in reality you cannot just admit that you are jealous of them or jealous that they don't play for your team.

Bryce Harper is trash, so is Strasburg. I went to high school with a pitcher 10x better than that bum. Hell, he could probably hit as good as Harpertoo.

Washington is quickly becoming as overrated as the Braves.

As for Indiana, has nothing to do with the playoffs. They sucked before the playoffs started,

Jordan *****ed all the time, you kidding me? He called the Pistons thugs and said they were bad for the game. He and Pippen whined.

Detroit was a 2x defending champion when Jordan made those comments. And they used to literally assault Jordan/Pippen. He also went out and kicked their ass in the playoffs.

LeBron ****es about everything. Him & Wade overreact to every single foul that is called on Miami. And if they miss a shot without getting a foul called they stop playing and whine to the refs. Charlotte scored 4 or 5 times in game 2 because Wade or LeBron would literally stop playing to cry over not getting a call.

Smitty: not to derail the thread, but how are the Braves overrated? Lol They are the complete OPPOSITE of that! You can PM me if you wish. And if you are from NC-- is the pitcher you're referring to, Madison Bumgarner?

To keep with the theme of the thread: huge shot by that Daniels kid tonite for Houston.

Smitty: not to derail the thread, but how are the Braves overrated? Lol They are the complete OPPOSITE of that! You can PM me if you wish. And if you are from NC-- is the pitcher you're referring to, Madison Bumgarner?

To keep with the theme of the thread: huge shot by that Daniels kid tonite for Houston.

Yes, I graduated & played hs ball with MadBum. He doesn't get much recognition but he is a monster.

Goddamnit! Im sitting here watching the DVR'd Houston/Portland game. Lmao

Edit....

I just find Braves fans to be very delusional. They already think that SS will be the greatest SS of all time. Lol

Yeah, the team is always pretty good but people act like they're great and one of the best teams out there. They have 1 WS title in 50 or so years in Atlanta. ONE.

Every year Atlanta fans act one they are great and WS contenders, and every year they do nothing.

Also not a fan of Chipper. They treat him like a god. He's nothing but an adulterer in my eyes. Nothing worth looking up to.

I will say though...

Madison grew up a huge Atlanta fan and would love to play there and be back close to home.

I'm sick of watching SF waste his talent. Two weeks ago he had to hit a grand slam to win a game he only gave up 1 ER in.game

His last start he pitched 8 innings & only gave up 2 runs in Colorado & still lost 2-1. Pathetic. And he even hit a double off the wall in that game.

Entering this season he's like 5th or so all time for lowest run support in baseball history.

Back on topic...

LeBron is a ****.

There are rumors in Charlotte that Michael Jordan, who has already said he wants another max free agent to pair with Big Al, is going to make a run at Melo this summer. Carmelo is a Jordan Brand guy and would at least listen to what Jordan had to say.

Kemba Walker

PJ Hairston (draft)

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Carmelo Anthony (FA)

Al Jefferson

LeBron would opt out of his contract and head to LA so fast lmao. He'd want none of that.

As far as I can tell lebron's teammates love him. Hell his old Cleveland teammates couldn't stop dapping him up when he came back to Cleaveland the first time, people who should have hated him. I don't think a douche bag would be beloved by his teammates like he seems to be. Jordan was known as a bad teammate, and Kobe regularly throws his under the bus when things don't go his way.

He's been the most hyped player ever since high school, and has been under more pressure and scrutiny to be great than any player ever. He has lived up to the hype and more, and dealt with the pressure better than most people would. Every whines about calls, get over it.

There is a huge difference in arrogance and being a douche bag. If you can't tell the difference and acknowledge the guy is a douche bag, I don't know what else to point out/tell y'all.

I mean, as a Jordan fan growing up, I hated the Pistons. Doesn't mean they weren't one of the great teams assembled back then. Doesn't take away from how good Isiah Thomas, Dumars, Laimbeer, Salley and Rodman were on the court together and how for 2-3 years they contained Jordan and the Bulls until David (Bulls) finally beat Goliath (Pistons) and went on to take the crown.

Here is the textbook definition of douchebag. As the capstone of your career, you are awarded the highest honor your profession bestows. You accept the award, and for the next 25 minutes, in front of all your colleagues, fans, and others, you dredge up every little petty dispute and perceived slight you feel you suffered your entire career, going back junior high school. You express barely a hint of graciousness.

Michael Jordan's Hall of Fame speech was a perfect window into who he was. A Michael Jodan fan talking about another player as a "douchebag"? Glass houses, my friend. Jordan's career was fueled by a borderline sociopathic personality. It molded his unque competitive fire, but it made him a lousy human being.

Here is the textbook definition of douchebag. As the capstone of your career, you are awarded the highest honor your profession bestows. You accept the award, and for the next 25 minutes, in front of all your colleagues, fans, and others, you dredge up every little petty dispute and perceived slight you feel you suffered your entire career, going back junior high school. You express barely a hint of graciousness.

Michael Jordan's Hall of Fame speech was a perfect window into who he was. A Michael Jodan fan talking about another player as a "douchebag"? Glass houses, my friend. Jordan's career was fueled by a borderline sociopathic personality. It molded his unque competitive fire, but it made him a lousy human being.

How many times has Michael Jordan told his own mother to shut the **** up and sit her ass down?

My guess would be dozens of times.

Guessing isn't valid. For all we know either one could be serial killers. Let's stick with facts and known quantities.

LeBron told his mom to stfu on national tv. Jordan has never said or done anything that bad that anyone knows of.

Regardless, the only reason Bron Bron fans bring up personal comparisons is because he can't touch Jordan on the court.

All players/coaches complain/whine about calls/no calls, its part of the game.  Yes Jordan whined/complained about calls, specifically when talking about the Pistons.  If you watched basketball during that era, you know they literally mugged the **** out of him and Pippen every time they drove to the basket.  And we are talking hard hits, cheap shots and hard fouls the entire game, every game they played.

And their coach Chuck Daly had the Jordan Rule's (google it if you don't know what that is) which he had no problem telling the world about and they had no problem letting everyone know what would happen when they played the Bad Boys.  And the officials allowed that hard hitting play style back then.  A lot of fouls every player and team got away with back then would probably result in flagrant/technical fouls/ejections in today's league.  They have hunkered down, which is part of the evolution of the game, which you see in most sports.  

I sit here this morning sober and realize it's pointless to debate how LeBron would have fared back in the 80-90s against the greats because honestly, we don't know.  I'm sure he would have made an impact, he's one of the best athletes on the planet and the best current player today.  

Everyone has to remember, myself included, that we didn't have the internet back then.  You had your local news, ESPN and the newspaper.  Nobody had cell phones with video cameras recording athletes screwing up outside the court, cheating on their wife, etc.  Unless it was breaking news like James Worthy getting busted for paying a prostitute or Magic Johnson announcing he had the HIV virus, it was only real time interviews after games mostly.  To be fair to James, with the social media the way it is nowdays, he is always going to be watched/criticized and things will be blown out of proportion.

I see the best player on the floor in todays game that constantly whines about every little touch foul, ****es about a hard foul he got - saying he would have got up swinging, wanted the "bad guy" image for his team in 2011 and invited all the haters to hate, then ripped everyone cause karma bit him in the ass.  Then came back and apologized which was meaningless.  

Jordan and most of the other greats knew when to keep their mouth shut, especially about the fans.  We didn't find out that Jordan was not liked by most of his teammates or that he cheated on his wife until the end of his career and after.  I'm not saying Jordan is a saint, nor is James.  LeBron just comes off as a cry baby to me and a tad douchey, regardless of how nice he might be off the court to fans/kids.  

I don't have to like the guy or pull for him, but can still love watching him play because he is the best right now.  I don't understand all the hate for us that hate lol.  It would be one thing if us haters said LeBron sucks and is not that great, etc.  But that's not what we are doing.

Archived