Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LeBron makes empty threats...

Smitty.89x

If this was the 1980s, I'd come up swinging. But this is not the '80s. I can't do that. ... I've got to keep my composure. I get frustrated at times, but I understand how much I mean to this team. -LeBron

HARD_ELBOW.gif

Really, dude? You mean you would've come up swinging after you crawled around on the ground for 15 minutes? If this was the 80's and you started swinging you wouldn't have gotten back up.

I foresee things getting chippy in Charlotte this weekend. My guess: Birdman takes a shot at McRoberts in retaliation, then Biz destroys the tattoo freak.

Too bad Big Al got hurt in game 1. Miami may have gotten an early start on their summer vacation if he was healthy.

I admire the optimism...

Big Al was the March & April NBA Eastern Conference Player of the Month averaging 26 pts 14 reb & leading Charlotte to a 16-8 record.

Miami finished the season 11-14.

Miami barely beat Charlotte the two regular season games that Big Al played in, once from a lucky OT 3pt heave by Bosh.

Miami only beat Charlotte by 11 & 4 at home without Big Al anywhere near healthy. He is playing with a torn muscle in his foot.

Charlotte won 43 games this season with Big Al. They only won 28 games the previous 2 seasons combined without him. He's the most dominant center in the league and Miami has nobody who can guard him.

It's not a stretch to think Charlotte could've knocked off Miami if he was healthy. They aren't that great this year.

Miami only beat Charlotte by 11 & 4 at home without Big Al anywhere near healthy. He is playing with a torn muscle in his foot.

Cool. Just let the league know this after the series is over and maybe they can give him the Purple Heart...

Miami barely beat Charlotte the two regular season games that Big Al played in, once from a lucky OT 3pt heave by Bosh.

Yes. Luck. The crutch that every fan uses when they can't accept reality. The reality is that even with Jefferson and Walker, its still not enough to beat us in a 4 game series. There's no mystery when it comes figuring out how to beat Miami. And they sleepwalked through certain portions of the season. But when its time to nut up, they are a tough out. Fwiw I actually had them going 4-1 in this series. They may not be the team they were last season when they went hard during the regular season (their defense frustrated the hell out of me at times), but "Not great" is quite a stretch, and honestly at this point, "16 wins" is all that matters to us.

Other teams ( like the "Gold Swaggalicious" Pacers) can have the regular season. playoffs is a different animal. I don't expect this to be an easy series, but to think that the Bobcats could've cured cancer "if Jefferson was healthy" is hilarious. It didn't matter during the regular season, and its not going to matter now.

I'm sorry.

HARD_ELBOW.gif

Really, dude? You mean you would've come up swinging after you crawled around on the ground for 15 minutes? If this was the 80's and you started swinging you wouldn't have gotten back up.

I foresee things getting chippy in Charlotte this weekend. My guess: Birdman takes a shot at McRoberts in retaliation, then Biz destroys the tattoo freak.

Too bad Big Al got hurt in game 1. Miami may have gotten an early start on their summer vacation if he was healthy.

Yeah, Le**** needs to shut his ****ing mouth.  In game 3, if I were the Bobcats, on his first drive to the basket, I'd smash him right in the mouth with a hard foul.  Back in the day Jordan literally got beat down by the Pistons and never ****ed like this tool does.  Yes, Jordan got more than his share of calls, but the game was more physical back then.  Anyone that watched remembered the Jordan Rules.  

Don't get me wrong, he's one of the best ever and fun to watch, but I don't think he would have made it back when the big boys played, regardless of his size/speed.  There was no such **** as flagrant 2 fouls.  There were hard fouls, period.  Sometimes ejections.  People can say what they want, Ewing, Hakeem, Jordan, Magic, Malone would have owned Le**** every time they played, in my opinion.

Sure LeBron could hang, but I don't think he has the mentality to be cut-throat like the greats were back in the day before touching someones hand equals a foul, like today's NBA. 

Yeah, Le**** needs to shut his ****ing mouth. In game 3, if I were the Bobcats, on his first drive to the basket, I'd smash him right in the mouth with a hard foul. Back in the day Jordan literally got beat down by the Pistons and never ****ed like this tool does. Yes, Jordan got more than his share of calls, but the game was more physical back then. Anyone that watched remembered the Jordan Rules.

Don't get me wrong, he's one of the best ever and fun to watch, but I don't think he would have made it back when the big boys played, regardless of his size/speed. There was no such **** as flagrant 2 fouls. There were hard fouls, period. Sometimes ejections. People can say what they want, Ewing, Hakeem, Jordan, Magic, Malone would have owned Le**** every time they played, in my opinion.

Sure LeBron could hang, but I don't think he has the mentality to be cut-throat like the greats were back in the day before touching someones hand equals a foul, like today's NBA.

He would've adapted, he's too good not to have. He plays shut down defense with out fouling, imagine what he could do if he could foul, like jordan...

Kobe after being clotheslines by Raja Bell in '06:
"Does he know me? Do I know this guy? I don't know this guy. I might have said one word to this guy. I don't know this kid. I think he overreacts to stuff. . . . I don't know this kid. I don't need to 
know this kid. I don't want to. We go out there, we play the game and leave it at that. Maybe he wasn't hugged enough as a kid. I look at him a little bit, he gets a little insecure or something. I don't know."

LeBron is mentally weak. LeBron's quote is more attacking, like he is insecure. 

It's the same tired ass bull**** that we hear year after year. Nothing new.

I think he's the best in the game right now.  I also think he's one of the biggest ****es in the game too.  I don't know how old you are or if you followed the NBA back in the early 80s through today or not.  If you did, you would know that the game has changed dramatically, like most sports have.  

It's not even a Jordan vs. LeBron debate.  I think LeBron could hold his own, but with his fragile mind and how he desperately seeked Jordan's approval (for the majority of his career), I don't think he would have come out on the winning side of a battle against the majority of greats during that era.  

Those guys played with heart, desire and a fire that cannot be compared to when discussing today's players.  LeBron does not fit in that category.  He literally had to talk his buddies into playing together in Miami in the off-season to win championships.  That's all fine and dandy, I really wonder how that never happened before, could you imagine if Jordan, Magic, Bird, Ewing and Barkley (or any combination) had said, hey guys, we should all play together for (insert team name here).  

I just don't like the guy.  If you're a Heat fan (which it appears so), enjoy the success.  The guy is a douche bag though, you can't deny that.

Magic and Bird didn't have to talk anybody to join their teams because they were blessed to go to the two best teams. Ewing just played during the wrong era. The Knicks probably would have won at least one if it wasn't for the Bulls. Charles did go ring chasing, so did pretty much every other great in the 90's. Can't punish LeBron for doing it earlier. And it has paid off so far. Three straight trips to the finals, and back to back Final MVP.

We can talk about LeBron ask we want, fact is, the dude is a beast. Might not be mentally strong, but he's a beast.

Magic and Bird didn't have to talk anybody to join their teams because they were blessed to go to the two best teams. Ewing just played during the wrong era. The Knicks probably would have won at least one if it wasn't for the Bulls. Charles did go ring chasing, so did pretty much every other great in the 90's. Can't punish LeBron for doing it earlier. And it has paid off so far. Three straight trips to the finals, and back to back Final MVP.

We can talk about LeBron ask we want, fact is, the dude is a beast. Might not be mentally strong, but he's a beast.

I'm not doubting his ability, he is the best in the game right now.  He is a beast and I think he could hold his own against those guys, but I think 8/9 times out of 10, they would the victor in match-ups.  Especially, playing back in the day, where they were allowed to mug each other for position, hand check, etc.  When a foul usually meant you got picked up off the floor.

Like I also stated, I don't fault him for teaming up with Wade and Bosh in the off-season and really can't comprehend how that has never happened before until they did it.  Yes Magic and Bird were blessed with being on great teams.  Yes players jumped teams seeking a championship, but none of the greats in the era ever got together in the off-season and proposed the idea of playing together to form the ultimate team.  

I just don't like the guy. 

This is all you had to say, not try to create this laughable argument. Barkley played with Hakeem and Clyde Drexler in Houston. Bird had McHale, Ainge, Parrish, etc. Magic had Worthy, Kareem, etc. Jordan had Pippen. Lets not try and make it seem like every dynastic team was devoid of numerous stars at various positions.Who in the holy **** cares about what might happen in the 80's? You play within the rules that exist. 

Lebron would have been trouble for anyone to guard, regardless of era. And no, I don't think he's a douche (no more than the constant idiots who come out of the woodwork this time of year on this forum.... Every single year). I can't speak for how he was in Cleveland, but the dude here isn't a chump, and isn't mentally weak. You don't ball your ass off in the postseason and close out series when everyone around you is doing jack **** by being mentally weak. You don't respond to a craptastic '11 Finals and come back the next year strong by being mentally weak.

You don't deal with the pressure of morons bringing up dumb arguments year after year, and shut off the noise , silencing them in the Finals by being mentally weak.

And its laughable to think that players shouldn't be allowed to seek advice form legends, or other players, just like its laughable to think that people in any profession known to mankind don't seek advice from others. Pretending like you need no help and can do **** on your own is the easiest ****ing thing in the world to do. Things like this shouldn't be difficult to comprehend, yet every year people take stupid pills here and regurgitate nonsense.

This is all you had to say, not try to create this laughable argument. Barkley played with Hakeem and Clyde Drexler in Houston. Bird had McHale, Ainge, Parrish, etc. Magic had Worthy, Kareem, etc. Jordan had Pippen. Lets not try and make it seem like every dynastic team was devoid of numerous stars at various positions.Who in the holy **** cares about what might happen in the 80's? You play within the rules that exist. 

Lebron would have been trouble for anyone to guard, regardless of era. And no, I don't think he's a douche (no more than the constant idiots who come out of the woodwork this time of year on this forum.... Every single year). I can't speak for how he was in Cleveland, but the dude here isn't a chump, and isn't mentally weak. You don't ball your ass off in the postseason and close out series when everyone around you is doing jack **** by being mentally weak. You don't respond to a craptastic '11 Finals and come back the next year strong by being mentally weak.

You don't deal with the pressure of morons bringing up dumb arguments year after year, and shut off the noise , silencing them in the Finals by being mentally weak.

And its laughable to think that players shouldn't be allowed to seek advice form legends, or other players, just like its laughable to think that people in any profession known to mankind don't seek advice from others. Pretending like you need no help and can do **** on your own is the easiest ****ing thing in the world to do. Things like this shouldn't be difficult to comprehend, yet every year people take stupid pills here and regurgitate nonsense.

I respect your opinion, no need to call me and other people on here idiots because we don't like LeBron James.  And as someone that follows the Heat, you saw how him and Wade acted back in 2011 right?  Like a bunch of ****y morons, trying to make everything about them.  

All the, yeah we are the bad guys, hate us ****.  Then when Dirk and the Mavericks smacked that ass in the finals, he went ape **** and blasted "haters" talking about how great he is and will wake up tomorrow as a super star and everyone else has to go back to their regular jobs and what not.  

Not to mention how him and Wade (whom I had the utmost respect for until this) mocked Dirk being sick before the finals game.  

Guy is a complete douche bag. Everyone knows it.  It's ok, MJ was a complete dick to his teammates from what we hear, we just didn't have the internet or access to players like we do today.  

So ****ing true, you're a lot better at putting to words what I want to say. Here's what I don't understand, I watch sports to watch greatness, and here is a once in a decade talent and all people want to do is **** about the most petty nonsense about the guy. I'm gonna enjoy watching greatness while it's here, not **** about perceived arrogance, which ALL superstars have and need to have.

So ****ing true, you're a lot better at putting to words what I want to say. Here's what I don't understand, I watch sports to watch greatness, and here is a once in a decade talent and all people want to do is **** about the most petty nonsense about the guy. I'm gonna enjoy watching greatness while it's here, not **** about perceived arrogance, which ALL superstars have and need to have.

There is a huge difference in arrogance and being a douche bag.  If you can't tell the difference and acknowledge the guy is a douche bag, I don't know what else to point out/tell y'all. 

And at no point have I ever not agreed that he is the best in the game today.  But, old school fans, like myself, while we can appreciate his once in a decade talent (as you put it), we also call it like it is.  Him acting like an asshole or douche bag makes it harder to like him, especially after he whines about every call, even after the game.  

That's what is great about sports.  I can hate a player or team you pull for, you dont have to like it.  We don't have to agree.  That's sports.  Just because you are a LeBron fan doesn't mean myself or anyone else has to be.  It also doesn't imply that we don't love watching him play from a purity of the game standpoint.  It just means we don't like the guy and root against him.

I mean, as a Jordan fan growing up, I hated the Pistons.  Doesn't mean they weren't one of the great teams assembled back then.  Doesn't take away from how good Isiah Thomas, Dumars, Laimbeer, Salley and Rodman were on the court together and how for 2-3 years they contained Jordan and the Bulls until David (Bulls) finally beat Goliath (Pistons) and went on to take the crown.

I respect your opinion, no need to call me and other people on here idiots because we don't like LeBron James.  

No. I'm calling people idiots because they will use that hate to make dumb arguments. And make no mistake, the argument is ****ing dumb, and tired, and beaten to death, and resurrected, and even more dumb, and tired, and beaten to death.

The 2011 Finals thing was (as usual when it comes to the Heat) blown out of proportion, an nowhere near as malicious as everyone made it out to be. At the end of the day, Dallas got the last laugh. Just like when they did their little parade route leak in '06, and Wade fried their asses. Karma comes full circle. Whatever. We got embarrased (and I pulled no punches on here about it when it happened). Dirk survived. And the world kept on spinning. Dude had a ****ig cold, that he even played through. Stop using your hatred of Lebron/the Heat to try and make it sound like the dude had Cancer and was on his deathbed. Surely Jordan and your boys from  the 80's who pow'd, wammed, and mashed like a comic book didn't do anything to come remotely close. Not even remotely close.

And yes, people had to go back to their miserable, hypocritical lives. He was 100% correct about that. I say the same thing in the Stadium when it comes to people analyzing every breath of air Griffin takes, and with sports analysis in general.

Sports and pop/TMZ culture is where people go to put on their judges robes and recite the ten commandments, holding people to a high moral standard, and then take it off and go back to their cheating, lying, pos lives that they keep behind closed doors.

Spare me the morality bull****

I admire the optimism...

I think what Smitty meant is that if Jeff hadn't been injured, the Bobcats would have possibly won a game or two.

My problem with what LBJ said is that he comes off as somewhat of a hypocrite, given he gave Hibbert a concussion on a similar play.

And this is playoff basketball. You have to expect fouls like that, cheap foul or not.

I think what Smitty meant is that if Jeff hadn't been injured, the Bobcats would have possibly won a game or two.

Hey, I gave them one W before the series started. They still have time to make it happen. I'm also not sure about the "Best Center in the league" stuff. He's good, but I'd still take Dwight, Gasol, Lopez, Cousins,  Hibbert, and a few others over him.

Archived