Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pros and Cons of Signing Terrell Pryor

FunBunch7

Smart move by Pete Carroll to get another young mobile QB and let him continue his development. Pete knows the days of the purely pocket passer are finished.

That would be more believable if Peyton Manning didn't break practically every QB record on the books last season. :)

True, he didn't have a great Super Bowl, but that wasn't because pure pocket passers are finished.

They can be as dangerous as they've always been, IMO.

That would be more believable if Peyton Manning didn't break practically every QB record on the books last season. :)

True, he didn't have a great Super Bowl, but that wasn't because pure pocket passers are finished.

Yeah and so many non pocket QB's have won Super Bowls as of late ;)

Joe Flacco won it last Super Bowl and beat one of those guys.  :lol:

Not saying the NFL isn't changing but Russell Wilson of a stellar defense.

No it wasn't "just a bad Super Bowl" He was completely demolished by a Defense that took advantage of the fact that he was a zero threat to get outside of the pocket and make plays.

No it wasn't "just a bad Super Bowl" He was completely demolished by a Defense that took advantage of the fact that he was a zero threat to get outside of the pocket and make plays.

So what. You can't say pocket passers are going away just because Peyton played terrible. It was simply a bad matchup.

Smart move by Pete Carroll to get another young mobile QB and let him continue his development. Pete knows the days of the purely pocket passer are finished.

I agree to a certain extent. Over the last couple of years everyone has been talking about the new crop of young, talented QBs in the league. What I find interesting is that none of them are Peyton or Brady-like (basically none are pure pocket QBs). I'm not saying pocket QBs can't succeed in the NFL anymore it's just becoming hard to find an elite pocket passer through the draft these last couple of years.

Terrell Pryor?! Haha good one!!

The only way I would consider him(same with tebow) was if they decided to switch positions. I think tebow would make a killer TE and Pryor could make a great wideout. Other than that, no thanks!

I think the Seahawks try to convince him to switch positions.

Terrell Pryor?! Haha good one!!

The only way I would consider him(same with tebow) was if they decided to switch positions. I think tebow would make a killer TE and Pryor could make a great wideout. Other than that, no thanks!

I think the Seahawks try to convince him to switch positions.

There's zero chance they signed him to switch positions.

Hahhaaa, If not for the Seahawks defense they don't win the SB last year, the pure pocket passer is going nowhere and will continue to win in the right systems. 

How many passing TDs did Peyton throw last year?

Good coaches will find a way to win with good QBs whether they are mobile or not.

I'm not saying pocket QBs can't succeed in the NFL anymore it's just becoming hard to find an elite pocket passer through the draft these last couple of years.

I think this is good point. The way College offenses are developing there are not many pro style drop back passers being developed. The NFL is having to adapt to what College football is producing at the QB position.

Pocket Passers are NOT going anywhere however running QBs who can pass are looking like the future superstars of this league.

RGIII, Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick and we might have two more if they're in the right system Johnny Manziel and Tajh Boyd. 

There's zero chance they signed him to switch positions.

I didn't say yet signed him with the some intention on making him switch, but I'm willing to bet they've discussed it. They gush about his athleticism and all that, but he's obviously not going to start, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they decide to see if he will. Pryor is an amazon athlete, but he's not a good QB.

Personally, I would rather possibly start at wideout vs sitting 3rd string in a teams roster as a QB. I know a backup qb is a great job, but from a pure competitive standpoint, I don't get it

He would've been killed if he had gotten outside as much as he was killed inside the pocket.

Manning and the Broncos lost because the Seahawk defense had a great day against the entire Bronco team. Not because Manning is a pocket passer. :)

Pocket passers are finished again?

I can hardly get over it being finished the last time a crop of young athletic QBs came into the league.

the only prediction in football that is as common and also as wrong is "The Eagles are going to win the Super Bowl"

~Bang

Pros:  He can run

Cons: can't throw, lacks accuracy, makes poor decisions, can't read defenses, can't adjust to defenses, selfish attitude, lacks good study habits, lacks leadership...just to name a few.

*EDIT: just saw he was traded, apologies to TheGreatBuzz.

Pros:  He can run

Cons: can't throw, lacks accuracy, makes poor decisions, can't read defenses, can't adjust to defenses, selfish attitude, lacks good study habits, lacks leadership...just to name a few.

*EDIT: just saw he was traded, apologies to TheGreatBuzz.

Where is this coming from?  Everything I read was that he's a great kid that really needed some stability to develop rather than three offenses in three years.

Archived