Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Foxsports: In terms of NFL likability, Peyton Manning and Michael Vick are on opposite ends of the spectrum (NFC East mentions)

Califan007 The Constipated

http://msn.foxsports.com/kansas-city/story/in-terms-of-nfl-likability-peyton-manning-and-michael-vick-are-on-opposite-ends-of-the-spectrum-021914

Peyton Manning and his Denver Broncos certainly stunk in the Super Bowl, but apparently, we still really, really like him.

In fact, Manning is the most likable player in the NFL, according to REPUCOM, a global marketing research company that tracks the popularity of celebrities.

Manning beat out Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers -- he of the "discount daaah-bul check" -- for the NFL's top spot, according to REPUCOM, which surveys 1,000 U.S. consumers on a weekly basis.

And, predictably, Super Bowl champ Russell Wilson's popularity is on the rise. The Seahawks' quarterback checks in at No. 3 on the list.

The rest of the top 10 most-liked players:

4) Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III

5) Saints quarterback Drew Brees

6) Cardinals wideout Larry Fitzgerald

7) Vikings running back Adrian Peterson

8) Giants quarterback Eli Manning

9) Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith

10) Colts quarterback Andrew Luck.

The least-liked section:

The least liked? You guessed it -- it's still Eagles quarterback Michael Vick, who served 19 months in federal prison for his role in a dogfighting ring.

And, because we know you're far more intrigued by the least-liked/most-hated list, right behind Vick are:

...6. Cowboys wideout Dez Bryant, who once allegedly assaulted his own mother.

13535__3fields_l.jpg

very surprised here as well.  it speaks to a thought that keeps coming back to me.  the media really is just stirring the pot because they did the part of hyping him up.  so to keep the story interesting, they had to pile on as he fell down last season. then all the people who had already formed their opinion of disdain towards him just used the situation as a megaphone, or amplifier to redistribute their vitriol.

they were numerous, & they were loud, but they were not the majority, as we can see.

I actually think it was an overreaction by Redskins fans to the reaction of the media/other fans :)

Rg3 got criticized for sure, but I saw very little "disdain" directed his way or anything that would lead you to believe that people view him as a bad or unlikeable guy.

I am suprised by how well Robert fared as well......so apparently there must have been a lot of those that thought either his story was getting blown out of proportion, or that the HC was more at fault. 

While not totally suprised at where Vick is at....still seems to me there is something basically wrong with a system that gives a dog killer hard time in jail, and a player convicted of manslaughter while DUI gets no jail time because he pays off the family of the deceased. 

I honestly think Alf would be near the top of that list if he got the pub that Lynch or AP gets or even what Arian Foster in the past would get (Understand why he doesn't, RG3 is a vacuum of media attention and this year we were BAD). You hear stories about this guy...from the reason for his touchdown celebration to him sleeping on the couch of his mom's place this summer to the whole story around Bently...and you just can't help but absolutely love him.

I honestly think Alf would be near the top of that list if he got the pub that Lynch or AP gets or even what Arian Foster in the past would get (Understand why he doesn't, RG3 is a vacuum of media attention and this year we were BAD). You hear stories about this guy...from the reason for his touchdown celebration to him sleeping on the couch of his mom's place this summer to the whole story around Bently...and you just can't help but absolutely love him.

I think the "likeability" they are referring to leans more towards the marketability of the players. But you are definitely right in that if Morris were given some of that media attention they seem absolutely intent on giving Griffin (and if the Skins were actually good last year lol), Morris' "likeability" would be off the charts. NFC East rival fans love the guy, pretty much as much as they loved Fletcher. Lots of respect is sent his way...

I actually think it was an overreaction by Redskins fans to the reaction of the media/other fans :)

Rg3 got criticized for sure, but I saw very little "disdain" directed his way or anything that would lead you to believe that people view him as a bad or unlikeable guy.

Yep. But you know as well as I do that any criticism towards one of our own is perceived as hate by the thin-skinned on here.

I'm surprised Lynch isn't on this list. Didn't he just knock out his girlfriend in Vegas?!?

:lol:  I had to laugh.  Sorry man.  I know this was pointed out to you that you had the wrong player, but it was the wrong CITY also. :P  Sorry.  I'm not trying to be mean.  It just really struck me funny reading this. Don't worry, we've all had those days. :D

Archived