Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: NFL, CBS partner on 'Thursday Night Football' in 2014

98ORAKPO98

Sweet.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000323851/article/nfl-cbs-partner-on-thursday-night-football-in-2014

Change is on the way to "Thursday Night Football."

It was announced Wednesday that the NFL will partner with CBS to produce and televise 16 games under the "Thursday Night Football" banner for the 2014 season

CBS will air eight early season games before NFL Network takes the baton for eight late-season games leading up to the playoffs. Fourteen games will be played Thursday, with two late-season games taking place Saturday.

All 16 games will be produced by CBS with Jim Nantz and Phil Simms -- the network's No. 1 announcing team -- calling Thursday night games. The first eight games on CBS will be simulcast on NFL Network. The agreement is for the 2014 season with an additional year at the NFL's option.

"NFL Network built Thursday into a night for NFL fans," NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement. "Our goal is to bring these games to more fans on broadcast television with unprecedented promotion and visibility for 'Thursday Night Football' on CBS."

Seriously?  More games to have to listen to that idiot, blowhard Phil Simms? I think I just threw-up in my mouth.

On a positive note, maybe that means they are going to get rid of the most ridiculous, annoying, horrible, and definitely worst opening song and sequence to any sporting event in the history of sports television - "Welcome to My City." HORRIBLE!!!

Phill Simms may be the worst color commentator in the history of color commentating. He's worse than popular blowhards such as Joe Theisman, Ronde Barber, Chris Collinsworth, Tim Ryan, Dick Vitale, and Heath Evans. While I'm happy for my Redskins brethren without NFL Network, I'm equally sad that we're gonna suffer through Nantz and Simms for 8 more games.

The humanity.

Phill Simms may be the worst color commentator in the history of color commentating. He's worse than popular blowhards such as Joe Theisman, Ronde Barber, Chris Collinsworth, Tim Ryan, Dick Vitale, and Heath Evans. While I'm happy for my Redskins brethren without NFL Network, I'm equally sad that we're gonna suffer through Nantz and Simms for 8 more games.

The humanity.

Admit it, you pretty much hate every commentator out there.

So the Season Opener moves from NBC to CBS? I don't know why Fox didn't get involved.

No.

CBS's simulcast will start in Week 2.     This is a silly idea to still simulcast games.  Noone and I mean noone will be watching the NFL Network during the 8 weeks.

If TNF is going to become a permanent staple; then the NFL needs to make sure each team has a bye before that Thursday Night game.   The NFL might was well have 2 byes now, that will bring in more money for that extra week of football. 16 games over 18 weeks.

More Simms? Really? They had to pick the most clueless, terrible announcer out there. He doesn't know the rules and often sounds like he's watching a different game. Nantz is great, but maybe he isn't that great and just looks so good next to the intolerable Simms.

The only change I wish they would make is give the Thursday teams a bye before playing on Thursdays. Start the Thursday games in October, end them on Thanksgiving. That covers the bye weeks. Then if you want another game, go back to Saturday games all through December. I like the two Saturday games returning next year, but they could work some more into the schedule.

I like Aikman. *ducks for cover*

Dude, You need to duck, cover and run.............. :)

Overall a good move, I think. The more games on "public" tv, the farther we are away from pay-to-view.IMHO 

If you do not like the commentators, use the mute button. I am watching Mike and Mike right now wih mute on, I have not heard anything I disagree with yet...

Aikman is the best out there. I also like Al Michaels, but all the different people they have been pairing him up with have sucked for years now.

Wow. Numerous Redskins fans coming out in support of Aikman.  Bout time. In reality, Joe Buck is probably the one that commentator crazies should want to beat up and leave in the desert, butt nekked.

fixed

No one ever fixes an LKB post and lives...

My problem with Aikman is that he is paired with Joe Buck.  That guy grates my last nerve.  It is obvious that he just love to hear is own voice!   YUCK!!!

Definitely agree with this. They should switch Nantz and Buck. That would make one super team with Nantz and Aikman, then the worst team in the history of announcing could be on CBS with Buck and Simms.

Archived