Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Congratulations Champ Bailey

glongest

I am fully aware that it has been 11 years since Champ Bailey was a Redskin.  However, he was a first round draft pick of the Redskins and he played well when he was here.  He has gone on to play well in Denver and unlike a lot of NFL stars lets his actions do his talking.  You may be bitter that he left, but apparently he could see that his ownership had little ability to put together a winning team.  Need I remind you what our teams have looked like over the last 11 years.  You need not look no further than this past year.  He is going to the Super Bowl and we were almost the worst team in the NFL.

Just because a player no longer plays for your team does not mean you can't wish them well.  Champ Bailey has had a good NFL career and I for one am happy that he is going to have a chance to go to the Super Bowl.  As far as the he's old or he just a reserve or whatever, you know the fact of the matter is if they win the Super Bowl, regardless of how many plays he makes he is going to get a ring just like everyone else.  And even after being in the NFL for 14 years, he would still be an upgrade in what we currently have in our own secondary.

Bailey left here because of his own personal matters, and that's been known for some time. Hard to believe some still think it was the team's fault. Well then again, around here, actually it's not. 

I have seen this a lot but is this true?  Why hasn't any media ever reported on it? This seems like a ES made story

I have seen this a lot but is this true?  Why hasn't any media ever reported on it? This seems like a ES made story

It's absolutely true, but given when it happened, at the height of the Hatfields v McCoys bloodfeud between Snyder and the Post, local media did their best to put all blame on the team. Then, he leaves with a trade people still whine about despite Portis doing well for us, and that further hid the truth and made the blame Snyder game even more convenient.

It's absolutely true, but given when it happened, at the height of the Hatfields v McCoys bloodfeud between Snyder and the Post, local media did their best to put all blame on the team. Then, he leaves with a trade people still whine about despite Portis doing well for us, and that further hid the truth and made the blame Snyder game even more convenient.

I'll defer to you that the story is true, but the trade was awful. No matter what Portis did here, a stud CB is more valuable than a stud RB (just look at the RBs who have excelled here). Throwing in the 2nd was ridiculous.

You may be bitter that he left, but apparently he could see that his ownership had little ability to put together a winning team. Need I remind you what our teams have looked like over the last 11 years. You need not look no further than this past year. He is going to the Super Bowl and we were almost the worst team in the NFL.

Well, ok, they haven't exactly been a model of winning since champs been there either. - not since they hit the Peyton manning jackpot anyway.

Our organization has sucked, but let's not get crazy.

How many Congrats did Antoine Pierce or Ryan Clark receive when they went, just curious. Still believe this does not belong in Stadium.

My only guess is that a admin or mood. Whoever it may be hasn't seen the thread yet, because it doesnt belong in ths stadium section of ES.

Archived