Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: REDSKINS SIGN EIGHT TO RESERVE/FUTURE CONTRACTS

TK

REDSKINS SIGN EIGHT TO RESERVE/FUTURE CONTRACTS

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed the following eight players to Reserve/Future contracts:

NFL

PLAYER                   POSITION     HEIGHT        WEIGHT       D.O.B.                        EXP.   COLLEGE

David Gettis               WR                  6-3                   220                  8/27/87            4          Baylor

Robert Malone            P                      6-2                   215                  2/4/88              3          Fresno State

Davin Meggett            RB                   5-8                   219                  3/22/90            1          Maryland

Gabe Miller                 LB                   6-3                   257                  12/5/87            2          Oregon State

Ryan Mouton              CB                   5-9                   184                  9/23/86            5          Hawaii

Richard Quinn            TE                   6-4                   264                  9/6/86              5          North Carolina

Tevita Stevens             OL                   6-1                   306                  7/4/87              R         Utah

Peyton Thompson       DB                  5-11                 180                  9/26/90            1          San Jose State

David Gettis is a large man.

Sweet sassy.  Hopefully he can post up, run routes, and catch.

That's what stood out to me as well.  For what it's worth, Gettis is the exact same size as the 2nd year sensation Alshon Jeffery in Chicago.  :)

::edit::

Woah, dude looks fast.  Look at those long strides, he's going 5+ yards in two steps.

It looks like his knee injury has turned him into a shadow of his former 4.4 40 self. Any feedback on his progress since his injury settlement?

This might answer my questions. That size and speed with 4 years experience in the league and not already on a roster? Don't know if I could get too excited about this one.

Yes, but he is no Anthony Mix.

btw, this info was in the Roster Moves thread days ago. Maybe the 'Skins need to hire you as the next press release guy. :P

To be fair we had everyone except Gettis.  And you know how the offseason works.

Some really interesting WRs that have come out of Baylor.  Wasn't tracking the knee injury though.

Woah, dude looks fast.  Look at those long strides, he's going 5+ yards in two steps.

Was more impressed that ole' Brian St Pierre could air it out that long :lol:

I remember when he was at BC... oy

It looks like his knee injury has turned him into a shadow of his former 4.4 40 self. Any feedback on his progress since his injury settlement?

What have you heard?  I'd never heard of this guy before.

Redskins signed WR David Gettis to a reserve/future contract.

Gettis was waived/injured by the Panthers at final cuts before the season with a hamstring injury and was released with an injury settlement one week later. The former sixth-round pick out of Baylor flashed a bit in the preseason, reeling in 11 passes for 164 yards but hasn't caught a regular-season pass since 2010. The 6-foot-3, 220-pound 26-year-old can't stay healthy. Jan 7 - 2:07 PM

Never really progressed, on a team desperate for WR options. I've watched a lot of Panthers football the last three years.

Probably cause they expect him to learn all the routes when in reality he's just a "go route" person. IDK, I'm just throwing crap on the wall to see if it sticks. lol. But .... if he's good at that and has a connection with RG3... I'll take him. We can put him opposite Robinson and see who gets open for the long ball or just throw underneith to a TE.

Had no idea he was Adam Gettis' cousin.

David Gettis sucks, though. Unfortunately.

I took that as him kidding.  Like when people with the same last name act like they're cousins.  Cuz how do you not know your cousin got signed to your team?  lol  But I don't know, maybe he is.  

That's what stood out to me as well.  For what it's worth, Gettis is the exact same size as the 2nd year sensation Alshon Jeffery in Chicago.  :)

::edit::

Our very own Josh Wilson lol wow!!!!

Funny...in the clip...guess who got beat on the coverage? Josh Wilson back in his days (last days) with the Ravens!

And we looked at that and said we need him on our team unbelievable

Archived