Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

csnwashington.com: RG3 voted Redskins' Ed Block Courage Award recipient

Toe Jam

Yeah, it definitely sounds like all his teammates hate him.

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/rg3-voted-redskins-ed-block-courage-award-recipient

Robert Griffin III has been named the Redskins’ 2013 Ed Block Courage Award recipient as voted by his teammates, the team announced Tuesday afternoon.

The honor is given annually to a player on each of the league’s 32 teams for showing “extraordinary courage in the face of adversity.” 

Griffin, of course, returned from surgery on the ACL and LCL in his right knee in only eight months and was the team’s starter in Week 1.

“It’s an honor to be selected by my teammates to receive this award,” Griffin III was quoting as saying in a statement. “I received a tremendous amount of support throughout the rehab process from my teammates, the doctors, the trainers and everyone involved in the organization.”

“This award is not only a testament to how hard I worked to return, but also a testament to the support system I’ve had around me for the last 12 months,” Griffin continued. “I’m grateful for their hard work and support and look forward to preparing for the 2014 season.”

Athletic trainer Larry Hess also praised Griffin’s perseverance and work ethic. 

“Robert’s commitment this offseason helped him fully recover from a major knee surgery,” Hess said in a statement. “His passion and dedication toward his profession motivated him throughout this process and made working with him enjoyable. He is well deserving of this award.”

This thread is so much win. Cuz surely his teammates would vote for him if they hated him. Clearly this could only have happened if he pulled some strings with Mr. Snyder.

:: grabs popcorn ::

Waiting to see the supremely logical reputations sure to come.

This thread is so much win. Cuz surely his teammates would vote for him if they hated him. Clearly this could only have happened if he pulled some strings with Mr. Snyder.

:: grabs popcorn ::

Waiting to see the supremely logical refutations sure to come.

I'm ready to turn the page on this season.

This kid is fantastic and he deserves to get some kudos.  Not an ideal season and not the best decisions by him, but at his core he is a fantastic young man.

Hopefully we get a quiet and hard working offseason out of him.

Congrats, number 10.

So all the guys bashing Griffin are conveniently avoiding this thread?

I'll imagine they avoid it completely and ignore it in other threads where they bash him and say his teammates hate his me first attitude. 

Its good to see that all the BS surrounding him and claims that his teammates don't like him were bogus. 

Archived