Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Will Robert Griffin help or hurt the next Washington Head Coach?

zoony

Ouch. Sally is gunning for RGIII, this won't be her last I think

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/will-robert-griffin-iii-help-or-hurt-the-next-washington-redskins-coach/2014/01/06/a7e3be02-771b-11e3-8963-b4b654bcc9b2_story.html

Instead, any head coaching candidate will be hesitant about working with a player whose rampant owner-empowered entitlement was clearly part of the team’s problem this season. Once, Griffin was an immensely likable, unpretentious kid who was wide open to collaboration. But according to insiders, Griffin’s public campaign to have the offense altered for him was just the tip of his egotism in his second year. Behind closed doors, Griffin had fierce finger-pointing tensions with his wide receivers, and he bragged to teammates that he could procure favors from the owner and influence the franchise’s direction.

One thing is clear, Jenkins has absolutely no interest in getting any kind of favors from Griffin or his camp in the future. She must also feel pretty strongly about her sources to put some of this stuff in print

Ouch, even if partially true, pretty bad. Hope we get a strong HC coming in to take control. Thought it was odd hearing Kirk talk about RGIII being involved in next HC then FO quickly refuting it. Somewhere in middle, the truth lies.

We seen some of this with Santana calling RGIII out about leadership, Pierre with comments about passing and then story of OL not helping RGIII up. Gonna be a fun offseason!

Sally also failed to mention that Robert is in Maui while Bruce, Scott, and Morocco conduct the interviews.

I'm surprised she didn't spin it as QBs serious about football like Stafford stay in town to assist the team during an important transition while self centered me first QBs leave the team in the cold to party on an island.

Even if these stories aren't totally true, the organization needs to keep RGIII as far away as possible. Any appearance of RGIII having input will only empower these stories.

Although I hope this is all BS, I do believe there is some validity to this. We have heard little rumblings all season which give this story a little weight.

Sally also failed to mention that Robert is in Maui while Bruce, Scott, and Morocco conduct the interviews.

Or that Mike Shanahan himself was the first to call the false report on Griffin wanted his bad plays hidden, as "character assassination." Griffin just echoed the same sentiment a day later. This, from the man who she wants everyone to believe was undermined by Snyder and Griffin. But I guess telling the whole truth isn't as sensational as half-truths.

I hate Sally Jenkins soooooo much. Nothing she rights is ever positive. How she has no knowledge of any sports and then proceeds to write about them pisses me off. Then on top it of it she doesnt even live in the area. Only likes to crap all over everything DC. 

Even if these stories aren't totally true, the organization needs to keep RGIII as far away as possible. Any appearance of RGIII having input will only empower these stories.

Although I hope this is all BS, I do believe there is some validity to this. We have heard little rumblings all season which give this story a little weight.

And they need to stay far away from, Art Brilles.

I think its clear that many of these leaked stories came from inside the locker room and not the coaching staff. Winning will change things but I don't think RG3 is popular among his teammates.

Sally is never in the lockeroom. How would she have locker room sources?

The "source" of all this has been and still is Mike Shanahan

Sally is never in the lockeroom. How would she have locker room sources?

The "source" of all this has been and still is Mike Shanahan

And you know this? What about Santana calling out RGIIIs leadership? What about Pierre calling out RGIII and the passing? Not saying everything is true, but, this is not the first time we have heard these things.

Have yet to hear any player come out in RGIIIs defense. Where there is smoke, there is fire.

I think its clear that many of these leaked stories came from inside the locker room and not the coaching staff. Winning will change things but I don't think RG3 is popular among his teammates.

lololol There is so much wrong with this. You do realize every leak so far has been from a "mouthpiece" of Mikes? Shefty Sally Graz all of them have links to Mike. 

Sally doesnt know anyone in the locker room. She doesnt even live in the area. She is in NYC

Archived