Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

so what's the reason the skins cannot be like the seahawks, patriots, or ravens?

HogHeaven1983

And I know this might not be a popular thing to say but I'd argue that we as fans aren't doing our part. If we could make Fed Ex Field as big a home field advantage as say Seattle or New Orleans, we wouldn't find ourselves with these 3-13 seasons. They are aided by the fact that they hardly ever lose at home. Our stadium many times has more visiting fans.

The Skins need to do their part and give us a reason to show up and cheer them on. I'm a loyal fan who will watch the games but when they're playing so horrid I'm not going to go to the stadium; pay for parking; buy over priced beer and food to watch them get blown out in a meaningless game. Especially when I can watch them lose on tv for free.

The Skins need to do their part and give us a reason to show up and cheer them on. I'm a loyal fan who will watch the games but when they're playing so horrid I'm not going to go to the stadium; pay for parking; buy over priced beer and food to watch them get blown out in a meaningless game. Especially when I can watch them lose on tv for free.

Again, I am not saying it is easy.  But you have to admit the best thing you can do as a fan is go to home games and scream at the right times.  Don't sell your seats to visiting fans.  There literally is nothing that a fanbase can do that can contribute more to a team's success than that.

And yet we sit here on the internet and tell Snyder what he should do that's best for the team, what Shanahan should do that's best for the team, RG3, London, Haslett, whoever.  And yet we aren't doing what we should do.  I admit I'm part of the problem and just as much to blame.  But I just figured I'd point out the hypocrisy of it all.

Sometimes doing the right thing ourselves isn't as easy as telling other people what they should be doing.

Again, I am not saying it is easy.  But you have to admit the best thing you can do as a fan is go to home games and scream at the right times.  Don't sell your seats to visiting fans.  There literally is nothing that a fanbase can do that can contribute more to a team's success than that.

I think one of the things that makes it tough here is that there are so many people in the DC area that are from other parts of the country.  When fans sell their tickets in other areas of the country, there's a greater chance that the tickets are going to be purchased by someone who is a fan of the home team there than it is here.

Also, I wonder how many seats at FedEx are owned by corporations or other entities.  The club seats I understand, but I always notice a large concentration of opposing fans in the lower bowl on the visitors sidelines as well.

The Ravens have been around for what 18 years and have had good management throughout. They are extremely young. It won't last. 

The Seahawks...people thought they were an arena league team prior to 2005 and even after that they weren't world beaters until a couple seasons ago. They have a great FO and staff/team now but it remains to be seen how long it lasts. 

The Patriots were nothing, less than nothing even for their entire existence outside of a few years until Kraft, BB, and Brady all hooked up. 

You could have said this same thing about Dallas after 96 or SF after 95, Pittsburgh after 82ish or even us after 91 etc. 

It's all cyclical. Teams will go up and come back down its the way it works.

Or a team can be like Detroit, Cleveland, or Jacksonville granted Jacksonville was decent under Coughlin

And another thing, in the last 40 years, we were dominate for almost half of it and then never a push over for the rest of it, in a very good, if not the best division in football generally. We are not a loser organization, like the Browns, who had their team taken over night and had to be given another in which they did **** with. We've been pretty tough and never an easy win, until Spurrier really and then Gibbs brought us back to at least competing. Zorn era was the worst tarnish on this franchise in my memory. We have a young new owner, who is unlikable and has spent twenty years trying to show all of his friends his shiny new toy, but they all made fun of him, because parts were falling off and it was dirty, so he handed it to some very professional respected people to fix. Danny is young, but he seems to be learning and wants a winner. Better then Jery freaking Jones. That guy wants to be the next Al Davis without the cool factor.

So forget the crybaby we're a loser organization bull****. We'll put it together soon enough. Perhaps you're just too young to remember what it was like knowing we would roll everybody year in and year out. I don't think anyone will ever have that again with this everyone is mediocre FA era that I loath. There are too many teams, not enough talent and money has become more important than loyalty.

We will rise again. I think this is a crucial turning point for Danny. Firing Shanny isn't like firing Zorn. That guy should never of had the job but no one else wanted it. If he fires Shanny, we might not ever recover. At least for a very long time. We will be just like the Raiders under Al Davis. A laughing stock taking coaches that nobody else wants, being a perennial easy win and having to over pay any talent in order to get them here.

Here's my opinion, as unpopular as it may or may not be:

I think we're in a good situation ownership wise. We have a guy who was a fan. He knows what it's like to live and breathe Washington Redskin football. And yes, I said "Redskin" football, because he's not changing the name until someone makes him change it. And even if that happens, he's going down swinging.

I don't like a lot of the decisions and hires he's made. I don't like he fired Schottenheimer one year in. That was an epic mistake. You can't forgive Snyder for those mistakes, but I think he learned from all of his mistakes. I think he's learning a lot from this Shanahan fiasco, namely, the importance of structure. I hope I'm right in that regard, because if I am, and he really is learning this last decade plus has happened to set up great things.

Maybe it's too kool-aidy to think that way, but it's something that is keeping me sane during this whole mess (and previous ones).

One things for sure, I'm not going anywhere. Hail to the Redskins.

Here's my opinion, as unpopular as it may or may not be:

I think we're in a good situation ownership wise. We have a guy who was a fan. He knows what it's like to live and breathe Washington Redskin football. And yes, I said "Redskin" football, because he's not changing the name until someone makes him change it. And even if that happens, he's going down swinging.

I don't like a lot of the decisions and hires he's made. I don't like he fired Schottenheimer one year in. That was an epic mistake. You can't forgive Snyder for those mistakes, but I think he learned from all of his mistakes. I think he's learning a lot from this Shanahan fiasco, namely, the importance of structure. I hope I'm right in that regard, because if I am, and he really is learning this last decade plus has happened to set up great things.

Maybe it's too kool-aidy to think that way, but it's something that is keeping me sane during this whole mess (and previous ones).

One things for sure, I'm not going anywhere. Hail to the Redskins.

Ahhh, a breath of sanity

This is a "moment", one of those rare opportunities where TheDan can affect the course of this team for years to come. Has he genuinely grown as an owner, learned from his mistakes, suffered enough self-inflicted wounds to steer him towards something stable and sustainable? Or is he champing at the bit, shaking and slavering with the meddling DTs, just achin' for another hit?

We don't know, while so many claim to know things here that's a lie, we don't know jack****, you could write everything we "know for a fact" on a toe tag with a Sharpie, period :lol:

We'll know soon, not from some hack writer or unidentified insider or any of the other so-called sources, but by TheDan's actions, what happens next, how the whole Shanafacepalm fiasco resolves itself and what takes its place. Then of course we'll get to hear people tear it apart and read into it like some gypsy looking for omens in chicken entrails, but at least we'll have some actual facts in there somewhere.

1. The Media

- People say New York is Bad, they don't come close to holding our jock strap. 

- Lavar and Brian Mitchell are complete and total morons, we as fans should not listen or support anything they say....unless of course they are bashing Shanahan .  :blink:

2. The Fans

- Redskins fans are by FAR the most impatient fans in the United States, they want results and they want them now

- They are very critical of coaches which is why we meaning The Redskins have a new coach every four years

- WE are very critical of QB's which is why we haven't had a QB in twenty years

- If I had to guess Orakpo is probably the next victim of Extremeskins, Griffin won't be far behind him.

- We suck at cheering for our team, Fed Ex might win the award, for being the loudest while the offense is on the field. 

3. Dan Snyder

- Gotta love him for his passion for the team, unfortunately as much as we would like to think he keeps his hands off, I honestly don't think he can or ever will. 

- We should embrace that he currently trusts Shanny and supposedly gives him full control, because this may not be the case for the next GM or Coach.

- Dan replaces the coach every four years.

- Dan loves to play favorites see Portis, Lavar, now Griffen, if you sell jerseys, you WILL become his favorite.

4. Extremeskins

- I have said this before, IMO this website, especially the Stadium is constantly full of negative garbage and is a mouth piece for the media, unfortunately ES is attached to the "The Official Website of The Washington Redskins" .

- See my post about "fans" chasing studs like Los out of town.  If I was a star player and I read this website, I would shop my  talents elsewhere. 

- While I think we have SOME  knowledgeable fans on this website, 99.5 percent of us are freaking CLUELESS when it comes to football but for some reason we act like we should be hired by an NFL team.

- Lets face it, the players read this website, they get offended and think the fan base doesn't support them. ( see Carlos Rodgers aka Stone Hands).  Even though Los would cover a WR like a blanket, and make open field tackles with the best of him, he got SLAUGHTERED by Extremeskins, now look at our secondary. 

- the media loves this place, they write garbage about the Redskins, we hop all over it, and discuss it, it doesn't matter if its based on facts or not, We link their website, and THEY freaking Love us.

Perennial means every year. We won the division last year, had a winning record and were in the playoffs and winning until our QB suffered a major injury. Yes, this season has sucked goat balls, but we are not that bad off. We have great coaches, are back in the FA market finally, have a franchise QB who's healthy. Things aren't that bad.

I live on a far,. I know how bad goat balls are. It's about as nasty as balls get, but that goat is probably my best friend up here.

Perennial means every year. We won the division last year, had a winning record and were in the playoffs and winning until our QB suffered a major injury. Yes, this season has sucked goat balls, but we are not that bad off. We have great coaches, are back in the FA market finally, have a franchise QB who's healthy. Things aren't that bad.

I live on a far,. I know how bad goat balls are. It's about as nasty as balls get, but that goat is probably my best friend up here.

We've had double digit losses 7 out of 12 years since Dan decided Marty wasn't letting him have fun.

Yep, that's pretty perennial.....and yes, we are that part of the goat!

We've had double digit losses 7 out of 12 years since Dan decided Marty wasn't letting him have fun.

Yep, that's pretty perennial.....and yes, we are that part of the goat!

bull****. We are victim to a young owner. This offseason will be crucial for my opinion of our owner for sure. The last 12 years have been hard. For sure, but we haven't been the worst in the East. It's going to take a TON of patience, but I have the faith that it'll change. It already has.

Why are the redskins a perennial loser?  And those other teams fantastic? 

Is the cancer being spread by their loser owner Dan Snyder?  Is it bad karma from having a racist team name?  Is it our loser scouting department?  

Let's hear your thoughts

Once thing is certain

Five, Ten, Twenty years from now, those winning teams will still be winning ... and the skins will still be steeped in drama, dysfunction, and a loser mentality.

My thoughts are you made this thread not to have discussion but to instigate. That's why you haven't posted anymore in it and why you say the team name is racist when it isn't and has absolutely nothing to do with team performance.

Nothing is certain 5, 10, 20 years from now. That last statement shows complete ignorance to history, but is fitting with the rest of your post. Seattle has been dog crap for most of its existence , Atlanta was good but is bad this tear, Patriots are done once Brady retires and then Belichick likely does the same, Ravens had a lucky streak last season, their D is decent but is resetting and their QB isn't good enough to carry the team. 

But all 3 teams have had good streaks because they've turned either the QB spot or their defense into an elite unit and made the other side of the ball competent. That allowed the team to see success so coaching stayed stable. Each team has owners that have been around for a long time, ours has learned on the fly and only a few years ago learned to step aside. The reason this recent coaching venture failed is because Shanny got full control and couldn't master both roles. 

In the offseason we will have a true GM, and probably a good one with good league rep. He and Bruce will hire a talented HC with a system suited to RG3's strength, and then the HC will install his staff. So long as it is a good hire, the coach will have a good foundation pieces to work with and the team could rebound quick because of that.

Success or failure of an organization starts at the top.  As long as you continue to support him things will remain like they have for the last 15 years.

Exactly. That's why the Seahawks owner never learned and they never got better, same with the Patriots, or the Buccaneers owner. Clearly people never learn or improve over time, no matter which advisors they hire. That's why Snyder still is involved in all player acquisitions and still gives huge contracts to aging vets and makes terrible trades. 

The team has had continued losing seasons, but that doesn't mean things have remained the same. There has been a marked shift in the FO structure since 2009. Hiring Shanny and giving him full control has turned out to be a mistake, but it's a mistake many owners make. It's not the same kind of mistake as the team use to make when Snyder was too involved. The current blame is on Shanny, he has full control, so he is the top and where the failure starts for this regime.

It's not to hard to discern the differences between Redskins vs Patriots and Ravens (exclude Seattle because that team is just 2013's media darling, not a perennial power - anyway, the West Coast teams are too far away to follow.)  It's how three local men have run their teams since 1999/2000:   

Belichik (Annapolis) has followed a plan evolving about an accurate, talented franchise QB, and restocking mainly through quality drafts.    1 coach + 9 playoffs + 3 Super Bowl wins

Bisciotti (Severna Park), acquired a bankrupted sad-sack team from  Modell, has relied of the football smarts of an an excellent front office (Ozzie and Eric deCosta) has stuck to a plan of a team built on drafting the best player available coupled with many undrafted free agent gems.  When NFL rules changes tilted towards offenses, the plan shifted accordingly, away from Ray Lewis- Ed Reed towards Joe Flaco - Torrey Smith.   2 coaches + 10 playoffs + 2 Super Bowl wins.

Snyder (Rockville-Potomac), acquired one of the NFL's top franchises of the 70s through early 90s,  He has a history of high priced Free acquisition busts - Sanders through Archuletta & Haynesworth.  May have overpaid for Griffin, not a traditional successful tall pocket passer. If there is a plan, it's not apparent.      7 coaches + 4 playoffs + no Super Bowl appearances.

Until Snyder sells the team, expect perhaps a few more playoff appearances, no Super Bowls.  

Really it comes down to the Coach and QB stability most of the time. The one exception is the year Baltimore had with that D. They only had 5 winning seasons and 4 playoff appearances in the 12 years before Harbaugh / Flacco.

Look at Pittsburgh. 1 playoff appearance in almost 40 years before Knoll and Bradshaw. Post Bradshaw, 3 playoff appearances in 9 years. Then Cowher comes in with O'donnell. Playoffs 4 straight years and a Super Bowl loss. Then they bounce around from Tomczak to Stewart to Maddox, 4 playoffs in 8 years. Roethlisberger comes in and they have 3 conference championships and two trophies.

Take the Pats. Pre Parcells and Bledsoe, 6 playoff appearances and a horrible Super Bowl loss in 32 years. Either Bledsoe or Brady has been the QB of the Pats for all but one year since 1993. Think about that for a minute. The Colts are on the verge of pulling off the same trick.

EDIT: The Packers have done this too with Favre and Rodgers since 1992. Between the end of Lombardi / Starr in '67 and the start of Holmgren / Favre in '92 they had two playoff appearances and only four winning seasons in 25 years.

Same pattern with Seattle. They had a decent stretch in the 80's with Knox and Kreig, 4 playoffs between 83 and 88. Then one playoff appearance in around 14 years before Holmgren and Hasselbeck got established. Since then 8 playoffs in 11 years.

The 49ers had Montana and Young for 18 years. They missed the playoffs twice in that stretch. In the 35 years before Montana, 5 playoff appearances. In the 14 years since Young 4 playoff appearances. 

Staubach, White, or Aikman account for 20 of the Cowboys 30 playoff appearances.

We have the QB we just need to pair him with the right coach and we can have a run.

Well, so many reasons.

The main reason , specal teams and defense are bad, really bad.If you want a team to have legs in the late to post season,you need a defense. Do you miss Greg Williams, I do. We had a top 5 deffense when he was in town. I do not like players being paid to hurt others, no, but i WANT TO WIN. How much has personal ego hurt us this year?

ALOT. 

We need to burry the BS, build on D, and ST, and let RG3 grow.

HTTR

Archived