Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Pierre Garçon Appreciation Thread

Ozymandias

Did a search, couldnt find a thread on #88, so i thought I should make a thread to appreciate what this guy has done for our team.

Out of all the players on our team, Garcon has been the bright spot in this dreadful season. Aside from the occasional drop (not all on him tho), he has made some incredible plays and catches for us this season.

What I love most about him is the passion he shows on the field. Anyone else notice that? He's not afraid to get hit, always goes right at the defender. Always shows fight for himself, and for his players, getting in opposing player's faces and what not.

We have definitely found our number 1 receiver. I know there are a few out there that dont think he could be a number one receiver, but I think by now it should be clear that he is worthy. Now you might say its because we have no other receivers on this team and thats why he has all those balls thrown at him. But seriously, this dude can ball, and has great hands. Imagine if RG3 wasnt so rusty in the first 5-6 games of the season, garcon would easily have another 8-10 catches. Dude is 3rd in the NFL with catches this season.

that first drop was brutal ... sorry, that's all I can think of right now when I think of Pierre. 

That being said, he's a pit bull ...if we had 11 of him playing we would never lose like we did last night. We might lose, but there would be some skull cracking on our part  along the way. 

Garçon is an animal. Unfortunately we don't have the talent on the o line to give him time to run intermediate to deep routes.

Our deep passing game now consists of the offensive line giving Rob just enough time for him to chuck it as far as he can, with the hopes Aldrick can catch up to it

Garçon is an animal. Unfortunately we don't have the talent on the o line to give him time to run intermediate to deep routes.

Our deep passing game now consists of the offensive line giving Rob just enough time for him to chuck it as far as he can, with the hopes Aldrick can catch up to it

Yeah, he caught 8 passes for 40 something yards cuz they just gave up throwing anything beyond 5-10 yards.  

• 4 weeks later...

I love his physicality and the way he blocks. This guy is an all around solid WR. Hopefully we can get a solid #2 to help him out.

I read an article saying morocco brown had a huge hand in scouting and bringing pierre in. If he ends up being our GM, hopefully these are th kind of signings we can get used to. I think he was definitely one of the better signings this organization has ever had.

First off, I do believe that Garçon is a "#1 WR" as most think of it.

But, not every team has one, and some teams have more than one, and some teams have guys that aren't #1 WR's but could be in the future. So asking for a list of the 32 #1 WR's doesn't make sense unless you're using an atypical definition of the term. We all know "#1 WR" doesn't literal mean any team's top WR.

He's definitely one of the few bright spots out of this dismal season. Entering this year I think the majority opinion was that we still needed to find a "true #1". That's not the case anymore. We just need a #2 now. I would even venture to say he's an elite #1. We'll see what he does as a follow up performance next year.

He's definitely one of the few bright spots out of this dismal season. Entering this year I think the majority opinion was that we still needed to find a "true #1". That's not the case anymore. We just need a #2 now. I would even venture to say he's an elite #1. We'll see what he does as a follow up performance next year.

Provided Reed comes back, and shows no lingering effects from the concussion, and we go out and get a WR or two, Garcon should see some favorable coverage. I think he and Reed can thrive in whatever offense we go with.

if we improve the o-line, I think we'll see more downfield passing. Maybe more TD's.

Archived