Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Pierre Garçon Appreciation Thread

Ozymandias

Im not sure he is a true #1, but I like him a lot.

Do not understand why he doesnt get more vertical routes.

If a WR catches over 100 passes and the other team KNOWS you are looking for him and he still gets his??  He's a number 1 WR.  He aint Calvin Johnson, but he is a number 1 right now.

I agree with the people who say that Garcon is a true #1, but can you imagine if we had a guy like Fitzgerald or AJ Green on the other side of him? With a healthy Griffin, a top tier WR to compliment Garcon (and Reed) could mask a BUNCH of our holes. 

If a WR catches over 100 passes and the other team KNOWS you are looking for him and he still gets his??  He's a number 1 WR.  He aint Calvin Johnson, but he is a number 1 right now.

Right.  You can win with Garcon as your #1, you just need a halfway competent guy on the other side.  We have this rotation of #2 WRs cuz none of 'em are a threat.  

It seems like we always end up with a good #1 option but we can't seem to find more than one good wide receiever for this team. Hopefully we can fix this somehow in the offseason. Eric Decker?

I love Decker. He reminds me a little bit of pierre in his ability to make tough catches. I'd love to have him on our roster.

Most talented Redskin Wide Receiver I have ever seen. Without question, Garçon is among top 5 most talented wide receivers. If this years success carries over to the rest of his career, he could dwarf Art Monk and go down as the greatest redskin wide receiver.

Without a doubt the brightest spot of the season. But not just his 'stats'. His tenacity EVERY week for a 3-12 team is beyond admirable in todays NFL.

Even Shanny said a couple weeks ago that if we had a team of Garcons, we'd be fine. One of the few things he said with conviction this year.

Guys always open, fights for extra yards and gritty around the goal line. Man, with RG3, AlMo and him...definitely got some skill players. Lets get that Oline situated and methinks we'll be OK. I think the defense can be built with draft and proper system/DC. Need two hogs in free agency and I'm feeling better.

Pierre has played hard and well all season long. Yesterday he just looked tired, knowing he was the only one on the team who could consistently catch the ball, and he kept fighting. Congratulations to Pierre on a heckuva season, a positive note in a bad team season.

Archived