Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So I guess McNabb was right all along...

The Trashman

Even a broken clock is correct twice a day. McNabb isn't so much correct as he is *temporarily* correct. RG3 will be a great franchise quarterback for the Redskins for many years. McNabb couldn't have been more wrong about last year with RG3's early success and winning the NFC-East in his first year .. something which almost no one thought -- even in their best dreams -- would happen. But this year, a perfect storm occurred: RG had to spend ALL of his time just rehabbing and no time to do what most second-year QBs get to do; work out timing and routes with his receivers. And Kyle's play-calling a lot of games this year was just schizophrenic, illogical, and odd.

The comment wasn't even a slight on Robert. The offensive system Robert is in isn't right for him and the coaching staff is doing little to nothing to adjust accordingly. If you have eyes/ears and a functioning brain, you can catch onto this quite easily. I'm pleasantly surprised to see this is the case for McNabb.

I do not understand how anyone thinks Shanahan is forcing RG3 into his offense.  This offence was tailored around Robert.  It is completely different then anything Shanahan has run in the past in Denver or Washington.  We will see Shanahan's offense these last 3 weeks with Cousins but we have not seen it with Robert.

RG3 was shutdown to protect him in a lost season and to increase the trade value of Cousins.  Robert is still the man.  McNabb was benched because he was incapable of learning a new offense.  He went to the Vikings and could not learn that offense either. 

I do not understand how anyone thinks that Shanahan is forcing RG3 into his offense.  This offence was tailored around Robert.  Who does not see that?  It is completely different then anything Shanahan has run in the past.  We will see Shanahan's offense these last 3 weeks with Cousins but we have not seen it with Robert. 

RG3 was shutdown to protect him in a lost season and to increase the trade value of Cousins.  Robert is still the man.  McNabb was benched because he was incapable of learning a new offense.  He went to the Vikings and could not learn that offense either.

Thanks for delivering the knowledge, well said. I read an earlier thread from someone saying they are done with this team. I am done with a few fans that have posted above on this topic. Absolutely ridiculous that McNabb is vinidicated, the guy was a inept,a nd a complete joke. Talk about placing blame htat is exactly what he did for his inability to produce.

How so? If anything, it would take at least one more season to prove his theory right or wrong. Obviously you can't just base it off one year, because you could look no further than his rookie season to say he was successful in it.(very successful) The same people who, last season were saying; "you can't say he's great based on just one season"....

Yet, this season those same people won't take their own advice, and are trying to act like he's done based in his performance this season.. Give me a break..

And I hate to bring it up, because I'm sure it's been beat to death.....but we should be happy we were able to win the division and make the playoffs last year and overcoming that cap penalty. Even though it's not an excuse, it's definitely been a hinderance to the development of the team. It's easy to look back now and say "haha dummies! They traded all those picks for that qb when they needed so much help in other positions"

Let's not forget we were hit with those after we already traded the picks, it's not like you can go back and say "oh, no thanks, I'd like to return this pick for all my original picks now". It's something that happened and we dealt with it. We are just now seeing the affects of it. Just my 2 cents

The only memory that pops up every time McNabb is brought up is of him repeatedly throwing a football at the feet of a receiver and laughing about it.

I don't miss those days at all...

At the same time, I will remember him as a good Eagle. The positives far outweighed the negatives during his time in Philly. I realize the same can't be said for his days in Washington.

Was he right about what he said? Perhaps in some ways. But I wouldn't think on it too much...it hardly matters.

Mcnabb had the same problem here that Griffin has had. Shanahan built a mediocre roster that only a already Hall of Fame level QB like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady could have a chance to win consistently with. The 7 game win streak last year was an anomaly. They were really on the level of the team that started 3-6. Shanahan's record here speaks to the talent level he has had on this team for 4 seasons. Wasted Draft Picks on Veterans, Wasted Cap Money on underperforming free agents, and lack of Player Development.

18 more days until Shanahan is gone

Let's not forget Jake Plummer too. 

I could kick myself all over for actually buying into this regime for so long and not seeing through the B/S. 

Of, my old friend, if your reading in the shadows as I'm sure you are, please accept my humblest apologies for arguing against you when you had this rat pegged from day one. 

Hail. 

During all the hype we gotta give mcnabb credit for seeing right through shanahan.

No we saw right through McNabb here and in Minnesota. Hey, maybe T.O. was right all along?

I am certainly not on Shanahan's side here, but to pat McNabb on the back is a little absurd. He had an ax to grind and he did not help his case when he moved on and was just as stubborn and ineffective.

No we saw right through McNabb here and in Minnesota. Hey, maybe T.O. was right all along? I am certainly not on Shanahan's side here, but to pat McNabb on the back is a little absurd. He had an ax to grind and he did not help his case when he moved on and was just as stubborn and ineffective.

Does Jake Plummer have an ax to grind also?

Archived