Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013-2014 NCAA Basketball Thread

China

Talk about one overrated coach. I'm.a Cuse fan, but Boeheim sucks. I have never seen a top ranked team struggle so hard to beat inferior teams.

Second time in 3 games they had an unranked team pretty much beat to only have to hold on to win. They got lucky tonight.

18 Turnovers (most unforced) and 14 FGs for MD. You can't beat anyone playing like that, yet they had a shot to win at the end. Last week, I wasn't sure if Syracuse was really lucky or if they had that team of destiny thing going where they always found a way to win. After losing twice, once to the worst team in the league, and tonight barely beating a team that did everything to give them the game, I'd definitely say lucky now.

This is actually the first time UVA has ever won a regular season title. 

Roasting and jokes aside, congrats. 

@BryanDFischer 6:02 PM
RT @jonsol: ACC has back to back regular-season champs from outside Tobacco Road for only 2nd time in 60-year history (Miami, UVa).

@ixcuincle 6:05 PM
@LukeRussert Yes.

@LukeRussert 6:05 PM
That's the first non lax #UVA sports triumph in awhile right?

Oh skinsmarydu, where are you??? :)

I did indeed get a week off, a wake-up call to check & make sure the thread being responded to is in the correct forum.

It's taken more than a few days to catch up, so my congrats are in order. Too bad we were depending on y'all to miss FTs. ( Btw, for everyone complaining about Duke "getting calls" at Cameron, I would humbly point out that at one point UNC had 23 FT attempts to our 9...yes, nine...at Dean, so who gets the calls where, exactly?)

OMG, what a crappy game against Wake last night.  We had some good inside game going, but got in foul trouble early and it all went to hell in the second half. 

I'll be the very first to admit we are drastically inconsistent and overrated. :angry:

There, I said it.

I've heard no fewer than 5 analysts say we are a Final Four team.   No way.   We won't get anywhere near the ACC final playing like this.

OMG, what a crappy game against Wake last night.  We had some good inside game going, but got in foul trouble early and it all went to hell in the second half. 

I'll be the very first to admit we are drastically inconsistent and overrated. :angry:

There, I said it.

I've heard no fewer than 5 analysts say we are a Final Four team.   No way.   We won't get anywhere near the ACC final playing like this.

Weird game for them last night. Though UNC lost at Wake earlier in the year too. Maybe Wake only gets up for those games?

Not sure what to expect Saturday night. UNC has played well, but the last 3 games have been a struggle for them to get the win. Think Duke takes this one at Cameron.

I did indeed get a week off, a wake-up call to check & make sure the thread being responded to is in the correct forum.

It's taken more than a few days to catch up, so my congrats are in order. Too bad we were depending on y'all to miss FTs. ( Btw, for everyone complaining about Duke "getting calls" at Cameron, I would humbly point out that at one point UNC had 23 FT attempts to our 9...yes, nine...at Dean, so who gets the calls where, exactly?)

Just pointing out that UNC is a slashing team and Duke is a perimeter shooting team. Slashing teams are supposed to shoot more FTs. Jump shooting teams don't get fouled as often as teams that attack the rim. Unless you are Duke playing at home.

We tried to get the slashing thing going for a while last night, and were fairly successful with it.

Weird game for them last night. Though UNC lost at Wake earlier in the year too. Maybe Wake only gets up for those games?

Not sure what to expect Saturday night. UNC has played well, but the last 3 games have been a struggle for them to get the win. Think Duke takes this one at Cameron.

We've been awful against teams we should've creamed...Notre Dame, Clemson, etc.,...a split of the games is OK with me, the rivalry will always be! :D

Does anyone want that 4th #1 seed? Seems like Florida and Witchita St are locks for 2 of them, but after that, it could be anyone. Arizona seems to be in good shape for one of them. Virginia, Duke, Villanova, Syracuse, Wisconsin, Michigan all seem to be in play for that 4th #1 seed.

It's too bad that WVU dropped an early game against the worst team in the ACC and lost to Purdue. Win those two games and I think they had a realistic shot of dancing this year.

On the bright side, they have exactly 0 Seniors on their team. Provided that Staten doesn't leave, this team is going to be fun next year. And even if Staten leaves..they look like a solid tourney team..

Does anyone want that 4th #1 seed? Seems like Florida and Witchita St are locks for 2 of them, but after that, it could be anyone. Arizona seems to be in good shape for one of them. Virginia, Duke, Villanova, Syracuse, Wisconsin, Michigan all seem to be in play for that 4th #1 seed.

UVA isn't getting a 1 seed. Neither is Syracuse.

My guess would be Villanova and Michigan get the other two. Though Arizona is probably better than both.

You don't think if they win the ACC and Villanova and Kansas don't win their conference tourneys that they couldn't get a #1?

I was going off as of now. Guess I should have worded it differently.

Think it might be still in play for them if they win the ACC tournament.

True. That MD loss could really end up biting them though.

Btw, MD loss or not, Bennett should get coach of year. Even over Marshall.

I can't get any sort of vibe on who the best team is this year. In years past I'm usually pretty good. Knew Kentucky would win it all two years ago, and had Louisville in the title game last year(and it was a coin flip for me between them and Indiana, stupidly picked Indiana). But this year I'm really not sure at all. I think Syracuse might still be but they have flaws, I'm not sold on UVa or Wichita State, and I haven't seen enough of Florida.

Archived