Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013-2014 NCAA Basketball Thread

China

I was there last night.  VCU fans took over the upper level of JPJ.  VCU players were literally gesturing to the crowd knowing the amount there.  When that 3 went in the arena was loud as hell for a road game. 

-----------

Both VCU and UVA fans thought the officiating was ridiculous.  Honestly all the games have ridiculous fouls amounts.  ANy time someone drives to the lane its a foul now.  Ridiculous. NBA 2.0- Maybe worst.

Both VCU and UVA fans thought the officiating was ridiculous. Honestly all the games have ridiculous fouls amounts. ANy time someone drives to the lane its a foul now. Ridiculous. NBA 2.0- Maybe worst.

Yep. All the games are taking forever. You can usually get a college game in a 2 hour block but most of these are taking 2.5. You end up missing half of the 1st half of the game afterwards.

I'm finally watching regular season college basketball, because now I can watch one team for a whole season.

A sports channel in Canada is airing all Kansas games thanks to Mr. Wiggins. Played great vs Duke, looking good tonight vs. Iona. I'm really liking Kansas' bench and Embiid, kid is a natural, like Hakeem 2.0.

So I'll be pulling for Kansas, & filling out my bracket as such even though everyone else in my pool will pick Kansas as well, & I have a horrible history with Kansas in the tournament. If Kansas makes it to the final four, I pick them to lose in the 2nd round, if they lose early, I usually have them in the final on my bracket.

Was watching a bit of the Cal-Arkansas game today from the Maui tourney. And their true Freshman Jabari Bird's name should be thrown in there with the other talented freshman this year if it hasn't already. Wiggins and Parker may be a bit more bigger and athletic, but Bird is the purest shooter of those three. Pretty stroke from behind the arc.

• 2 weeks later...

Might a well put this here, though it may distract from the fascinating CAA talk.

http://deadspin.com/mark-emmert-rowed-back-on-the-one-and-done-rule-today-1481280202

Emmert on one-and-done. “it’s illogical to force people to go to college when they want to go somewhere else.”

College bball is in a weird place. I don't agree with the one-and-done rule. Either let them go straight to the NBA or do what the NFL does and have thme stay at least 3 years. The one-and-dones doesn't really make college bball any better IMO.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Extremely sour.
****! ****! ****!

What a game, though...when we were down to 1 TO & 'Cuse called one, hubby asked why Boeheim did that, and I said maybe to give his guys a breather, and then he said, "They're exhausted from standing at the free-throw line?"...way too many stupid fouls. I didn't think we could stay with 'em at all in OT without Parker & Jefferson...
and I know...Ws & Ls..."played good ball" isn't a category. :(

Insanely good game last night. Thought the 5th fouls against Parker and Jefferson were tough calls. They were both obviously oversold by the Cuse players, and I thought in those situations the refs should have swallowed their whistles for questionable huge impact calls like that.

Archived