Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

So, I got the Xbox one yesterday. So far, I like it, no problems.

I think the ps4 is more user friendly and I was really disappointed that the TV features are really tied to kinect which I didn't get and don't want.

There are things I like about the xbone's controller better (the size and hand contour as well as the triggers, but I prefer the ps4 controllers headphone jack that is standard and will work with any headset, the rechargeable battery and touchpad. The offset or inline thumsticks don't make a difference to me. My son prefers the feel of the ps4 controller which tells me it is a little smaller for sure. My son hogged it playing the Evolve Beta last night but I'm going to play Ryse and Unity today.

Kinect is the best thing about the XBOX imo or any next gen console it makes it NEXT GEN that and instant resume which i also love. Kinect got alot of flack and hate because it drove the price up but its a awesome piece of hardwarenot so much for gaming, i do have Dance Central which i play with my daughter and its a great game but where Kinect shines is navigating the UI with voice and TV features along with its IR Blaster.

If you can find a cheap one on EBAY i recommend snagging it up because it brings so much to the system.

Kinect is the best thing about the XBOX imo or any next gen console it makes it NEXT GEN that and instant resume which i also love. Kinect got alot of flack and hate because it drove the price up but its a awesome piece of hardwarenot so much for gaming, i do have Dance Central which i play with my daughter and its a great game but where Kinect shines is navigating the UI with voice and TV features along with its IR Blaster.

If you can find a cheap one on EBAY i recommend snagging it up because it brings so much to the system.

I had one with the 360 and never used it. But, because of the control interface with the TV, I may consider it in the future. They had a nice workout game on the 360. That would b nice.

The one thing that irritates me with both systems is the inability to play games from last gen. I know ps4 has the now streaming option, but it doesn't have games like Skyrim, oblivion and NCAA Football.

You can still setup the tv and control it with your controller or the remote. Yu don't need the kinect for that.

Also, the kinect for the CB1 is far superior to the 360 Version.

Backwards compatibility is my biggest gripe with both systems as well.

I haven't been able to find a match in evolve all morning. The tutorial was fun kinda cool though...

You can still setup the tv and control it with your controller or the remote. Yu don't need the kinect for that.

Also, the kinect for the CB1 is far superior to the 360 Version.

Backwards compatibility is my biggest gripe with both systems as well.

I haven't been able to find a match in evolve all morning. The tutorial was fun kinda cool though...

Yeah, my son loves the tutorial, but can't find a match either

There are things I like about the xbone's controller better (the size and hand contour as well as the triggers, but I prefer the ps4 controllers headphone jack that is standard and will work with any headset, the rechargeable battery and touchpad. 

The Xbox 360 controller is my favorite all-time for any system. The Xbox One version is slightly different but still good. I agree about headset options. It doesn't help that their headset adapter is strictly stereo only, and pretty poorly made. Polk, who have been making headsets specifically for the X1, decided to make their own adapter for the controller because they admitted the chat issues they've had with their previous headset were due to Microsoft's crappy adapter. 

I'm hoping they eventually release a controller with a more traditional 3.5mm jack. 

Finally beat Dragon Age Inquisition. Pretty epic game although the ending was a bit...lacking and anticlimactic.

Did you wait for the extra scene after the credits? 

Yeah the 360 controller is easily the best so far. If they had taken that, added the grips to the thumbstick, the Xbox one Dpad and the feedback triggers, it would have been set.

The Xbox one is still great just a tad too big and I don't like the difficulty in hitting the bumpers.

Ps4 has a fantastic controller too, though it needs better thumbsticks

Yeah the 360 controller is easily the best so far. If they had taken that, added the grips to the thumbstick, the Xbox one Dpad and the feedback triggers, it would have been set.

The Xbox one is still great just a tad too big and I don't like the difficulty in hitting the bumpers.

Ps4 has a fantastic controller too, though it needs better thumbsticks

The Xbox One controller is growing on me, though I still think the PS4 one is better, but with ****ty thumb covers (my left one is gone on one, just down to a plastic nub). 

The Xbox One controller is growing on me, though I still think the PS4 one is better, but with ****ty thumb covers (my left one is gone on one, just down to a plastic nub).

I wore out my ps4 control sticks on the controller I got at release. However, the newer control thumbsticks are much better. They must have changed them out.

I wore out my ps4 control sticks on the controller I got at release. However, the newer control thumbsticks are much better. They must have changed them out.

yep, the one that came with the system I wore out too.  I had bought another one of the same kind, its wearing out too.  Might buy another one now that you said they appear better.  Did you go with the PS brand or another?

Still been playing COD AW.

My goal now is to get the elite weapons. That's something that only comes with luck but the elite weapons are legit as ****.

I've been wanting to duel wield some pistols, only thing is it takes like 50 hip kills to unlock the weapon attachment.  By that time, I'm always ready to prestige, so it's lost cause I keep hardline when I prestige.

I've been wanting to duel wield some pistols, only thing is it takes like 50 hip kills to unlock the weapon attachment. By that time, I'm always ready to prestige, so it's lost cause I keep hardline when I prestige.

You get another keeper for every prestige. So once hardline is unlocked, it's unlocked for good.

Tell me more about these elite weapons.

In the supply drops (or whatever they are called) there are three levels of equipment/weapons you can get. There is enlisted (green), professional (blue) and elite (gold).

The elite weapons have the most modifiers to them but they are also the most rare.

Tell me more about these elite weapons.

They are clones of the standard weapons in the game with adjusted stats.  Elite ones, have the best stats, there is professional and enlisted (think thats the names).  So, you will get added stats to a category and minus stats to another.  Basically, on my MP11, I use the MP11-Toxic, so it adjusts the base MP11 stats to -1 damage, -1 accuracy, +1 fire rate and  +1 handling.

That one I use on PS4, is professional, the elite one is called Goliath, its stats are +3 damage, -3 handling (I haven't got it yet).  But you have a chance to get those weapons when you open a supply drop box.

I still think the PS4 one is better, but with ****ty thumb covers (my left one is gone on one, just down to a plastic nub).

I ordered a $5 set of 2 rubber covers on amazon. Much better feel than the stock knubs, and obviously no more wear and tear. Try em out

Archived