Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Officiating

RichmondRedskin88

Having almost all of the penalties called against you the whole game when you are the HOME team is pretty f***g far from "Okay."

I wrote that because I didn't see any blatant bad calls other than the cluster **** at the end. I didn't realize the Giants had no flags. How many did the Redskins have?

Shanahan said he asked for a measurement and the ref TOLD him no need, it's a first down. Terrible officiating there. Otherwise the officials did okay, but that ending was inexcusable.

You know John Mara was in the building, right.

Screwed by the refs every ****ing week. I don't doubt most of the penalties called against the skins were legit but this is what, the 4th or 5th game this year where the opponent played a perfect game and had less than 3 penalties called against them and none even really mattered.. Something is definitely rotten.

Something tells me we are going to get an official statement from the league saying that the refs handled this properly. There's no way that can be true, but I expect that's what they will be peddling.

There is no way the league can gloss over that screwup. The refs blundered. Badly.

I'd love to see a breakdown of penalties in our combined games this year, particularly in night games.  We had 5 night games this year and every last game had HORRIBLE calls against the Skins and very favorable calls (of lack of calls against) for whoever the opponent was, particularly when the Skins jumped out to leads.  Our night games were rigged to ensure we lost whenever momentum swung in our favor.  Just look at the history in this thread.  I knew this was the case when the Dallas "butt punt turnover" was ruled completely contrary to what the rule book says.

Im going to say it one last time then no more this season.  Goodell has made the name change issue a political and personal agenda and has directed the refs to call games against us until the name is changed.  Yall didn't think the refs fat new pension plan they received last season didn't come with some strings attached, did ya?  Ain't s*** free in this world my friends.

actually ... if ever there was a time to pin it on the refs ... this is as good as any

the last 2 Skins plays complete butchered by BS referee crap ... we still had to deliver but we went from 3rd and 1 low stress ... to 4th and 1 season on the line stress ... completely inappropriate.  I'm pissed at Shanahan for not doing something to stop the game ... anything ... after they changed it to 4th down ... throw the flag again (I know ... he's out of those but it would have stopped the game and brought the refs into a discussion) ... walk out on the field and have a pissy fit ... ANYTHING ... but a little ****in at the sideline judge who did the ol' SGT Shultz I know nothing BS and then Shanny just took it ... took it like a ... umm ... well certainly not like a man.

IMO we went directly from 1st & 10 to 4th &1.  The down indicator said "1", the chains were moved and then they moved them back after we ran a play and said it was 4th & 1.  Now, don't get me wrong, IF Davis catches that ball -OR- IF Garcon hangs on to his pass, this doesn't matter, but IF the referees get the -insert expletive of choice- down and distance right, it sets a different chain of events in place.. more than likely, they run for the first down on third or throw a short sideline pass on third and the pass to Garcon is never thrown. 

So, maybe the refs did not cost us the game, but they sure as -insert another expletive of choice- contributed to it. 

I'd love to see a breakdown of penalties in our combined games this year, particularly in night games.  We had 5 night games this year and every last game had HORRIBLE calls against the Skins and very favorable calls (of lack of calls against) for whoever the opponent was, particularly when the Skins jumped out to leads.  Our night games were rigged to ensure we lost whenever momentum swung in our favor.  Just look at the history in this thread.  I knew this was the case when the Dallas "butt punt turnover" was ruled completely contrary to what the rule book says.

Im going to say it one last time then no more this season.  Goodell has made the name change issue a political and personal agenda and has directed the refs to call games against us until the name is changed.  Yall didn't think the refs fat new pension plan they received last season didn't come with some strings attached, did ya?  Ain't s*** free in this world my friends.

If you really believe that, you should never watch an NFL game again. If you really believe that yet you continue to watch games, I have no respect for you as a sports fan.

Then again, if you really believe that, I don't think much of your grasp of reality.

If you really believe that, you should never watch an NFL game again. If you really believe that yet you continue to watch games, I have no respect for you as a sports fan.

Then again, if you really believe that, I don't think much of your grasp of reality.

Always some guy with his head in the sand, after watching week after week of screw jobs by the refs when the game is on the line.  You clearly have a tiny little worldview.  Ignorance is indeed bliss, I guess.  

After seeing refs give the Eagles their game earlier today followed by yet another screw job against us...  The NFL isn't even fun to watch anymore.

I agree.  The team with the striped uniforms never lose!

They are too much a part of the game and completely incompetent.  If you or I were that bad at our jobs we would be shown the door immediately!

I agree.  The team with the striped uniforms never lose!

They are too much a part of the game and completely incompetent.  If you or I were that bad at our jobs we would be shown the door immediately!

They are not incompetent. 

If I may quote Bill Cosby, "it's hard work being this useless."  Occam's razor only applies for so long before one has to look into other possibilities.

The real joke of a call was the unsportmanlike penalty on Moss.  It was clear he said 3-5 words at best while walking away from the situation (whatever it was).

Last Sunday night Tom Brady sprinted down the field and screamed profanities in the refs face for 30 seconds or more and they just ignored him.

Always some guy with his head in the sand, after watching week after week of screw jobs by the refs when the game is on the line.  You clearly have a tiny little worldview.  Ignorance is indeed bliss, I guess.

The combination of arrogance and stupidity displayed in this is post is unbecoming. I'm holding out hope that you're better than that.

Why would Roger Goodell risk destroying a multi-billion dollar industry with a crippling scandal just to screw over the Redskins, especially when they've been doing a pretty good job of screwing themselves for about two decades now?

Do you believe 911 was an inside job?

All-time ref blunder.  Haven't seen something that bad since Hochuli screwed up the Cutler fumble.  And I think there was a time when a team got an extra down on a similar kind of screw up.

But a lot of folks saying "big deal, Skins probly woulda lost anyway".  No.  That is not up for discussion.  Even some Skins fans believe that, but would any of you had been surprised if we go in and tie the game there?  We're talking about having a 1st and 10 versus a 3rd and 1.  Those are playbook polar opposites.  This goes beyond any discussion about Kyle's playcalling, or RG3's knee, or anything.  

This is not a missed hold or a bull**** pass interference.  This is getting lied to by an official.  This is news, this is bull****, and no matter how far fetched winning out the season was, this was denying us the opportunity to have a fair shot at doing so.

And by the way, if a ref ends up punished for this, it will be the second time this year, (the 2 only such cases of refs getting punished?), both of which happened against the Redskins.  And you can throw in the the ref last year allegedly getting racial with DHall.  Bull****.  Textbook bull****. 

Also....eeeeeasy Dan T.   eeeeasy brother lol...

Archived