Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Officiating

RichmondRedskin88

I often wonder if the officials are told to "make the game interesting" given all the head scratching judgement calls seen week to week. Even moreso in prime time games, as a blowout means people tune out, and people tuning out means lower ratings, which means less ad revenue, which means less the NFL can charge Networks for the right to games. Revenue sharing and all that. Just a theory.

In my opinion, it's not a conspiracy situation, it's a favoritism situation.

There is no way a player (Santana Moss) walking AWAY from ref while complaining gets a flag when a player RUNNING AT (Tom Brady) a referee screaming at him gets off with nothing is not favoritism. It's just not. I don't care who the ref is in either situation.

The NFL has become the NBA. Let LeBron crab walk cause it's good for the game. Let Brady (and others) get away with **** because it's good for the game.

The NYgonads averaged about the same number of penalties & yards per game as the Skins. How do they only get flagged once when they average about 6 flags per game?

And it started on RG3s first run when Beeson drilled him in the ear hole with the crown of his helmet. First drive, 3rd down I think. Got the first but knocked rg3 back & when he hit the ground his chinstrap was above his upper lip. No call.

I'm done. I hate Commissioner Gordon and wish Mr. Cooke was still alive to beat some sense into the NFL leadrship. I'm not blaming Snyder. Mr. Cooke would have kicked ass and pissed on the names of the owners that screwed us out of $36m. I really hate what the NFL has become.

"Asked by a pool reporter after the game why he let the play go, and did not stop the clock when he saw the chains moving incorrectly, Triplette said that it would have given Washington an unfair extra timeout when they were in the hurry-up with no timeouts left."

But shouldn't they do a measure? Triplett assumed 3rd down and the other guy assumed first down. That's piss poor officiating.

None of this would've happened if lil Shan would call pass plays longer than 5 yards. LOL : )

Just like not knowing the down gave the giants an unfair advantage.  Was at the game Triplett put his arm forward to single it was a first down and the line judge gave the single to move the chains.  The next play should have been whistled dead bottom line end of story. 

It's become pretty clear the NFL has it in for Redskins.giants & Vikings have 1 penalty games vs. us ( lmfao)Our guys r mugged & tackled to ground= no holding?We touch a guy on a long pass/ run holding ..bring it back.Any opposing player gets near the goal line ref runs in with arms up in the air signaling TD.It makes me sick to my stomach & I'm about done!FU GOODEL & Mara FU!!!!

There was confusion about what down it was during a series of plays on the Redskins’ final drive of that game. Dean Blandino, the NFL’s vice president of officiating, said in a written statement released by the league Monday that the officials should have stopped the game to clear up the confusion.

The defeat to the Giants dropped the Redskins’ record to 3-9 and officially eliminated them from playoff contention. Cornerback DeAngelo Hall also received an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty during the game, and wide receiver Pierre Garcon was given a delay of game penalty for kicking the football off the turf after an incompletion. Moss was asked Wednesday if those penalties stemmed from players’ frustrations over a downward-spiraling season.

“I doubt it,” Moss said. “I doubt that got anything [to do] with the frustration. It is some frustration. But it’s not about the season in total. It’s about not getting stuff when you deserve it. Mine was, I didn’t think I was holding. So, you know, I said it was a BS call and the guy gave me unsportsmanlike conduct, which — I can give him a bunch of unsportsmanlike conducts because we’ve been going through this all year where they haven’t gave us the call when we deserved it. Or they give us a holding or call us for a holding when it’s crap.

Link:http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/12/04/santana-moss-calls-this-seasons-nfl-officiating-the-worst-that-ive-ever-seen/

I heard there was a "very questionable interference call" in the Patsies favor late in the game that put them in position to score the game winning TD with under a minute to play.  :o  Who woulda thunk?

I must say I haven't seen it, but the "GameBreak" announcer in the SF/Seahag game made the comment.

I heard there was a "very questionable interference call" in the Patsies favor late in the game that put them in position to score the game winning TD with under a minute to play.  :o  Who woulda thunk?

I must say I haven't seen it, but the "GameBreak" announcer in the SF/Seahag game made the comment.

Of course there was. :(  I haven't seen it either but that is just par for the course this season.

This season of NFL football has absolutely stunk.  After the SB they need to just bury any record that it happened and move on.

Archived