Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anybody Else Sick And Tired Of Hearing Smack From Non-Redskins Fans?

Commander PK

I'd say the worst are the ones who mock RG3's injury. It takes a real insecure douchebag to mock a player injury. 

I agree with this.  The vitriol that comes from some....they want the guys career to be over so they can prove themselves correct that he is too brittle.  The cold hard truth is that some really want to see the guy go down again...it's disgusting.

If you think about it, fandom is an odd phenomenon--people identifying themselves so much with something they have little to no control over.

It is.  

I often wonder how I ended up this way, what most normal people (like my wife lol) would identify as obsessed with Redskins football. Perhaps that seven year old boy that watched Riggo win the Super Bowl for us nearly 32 years ago never REALLY grew up in some respects.  lol  I have no intention of changing though.  :)

Actually, I'm just tired of hearing smack from our own fans.

Post HOF nominee. Trade Almo,? wow. Sit RGIII, wow. There are a bunch of Redskins fans with new RGIII jerseys that don't know how to lose and are having a hard time right now. Me, others, hey we survived Norv, Spurrier, Zorn, losing Sean, praying Jason Campbell would snap out of it, etc, etc. etc. A two game losing streak which includes losing all of one game that should have been down as a W before the season started is not going to shake me, some others. I believe in this team, I believe they can turn it around, they did last year. And even if they don't, the building blocks are there for the future, we have a QB, ehr two. We have a RB. Pieces are still being put together, the cap penalty which was unjust and unfair did not help, and part of what you are seeing is the result. It hurts, but it won't kill the master plan. Tough times don't last, tough people do. 

Don't talk smack and certainly don't listen to it...seems a childish game to me.

This has actually worked quite well for me so far, a Philly fan friend was blowing up my phone after the first game, Chip Kelly era has begun, Vick the original RGIII, blah, blah, blah, well when reached the next day I said only two things, I said hey man, did I call you last year after the games? and You know I am just glad the guy is playing and didn't get hurt. I didn't give him his moment, he also said before the GB game how is going to feel when you're team is going to be 0-2? I didn't respond to that, I just said, it's a long season.

---If we beat the Lions we will be tied with the all mighty Chip Kelly Eagles, and I won't call him, the silence will be deafening. 

To much of a negative vibe surrounding the team.  Team may need a mandatory Lock Down. Train, eat and sleep together all week if we lose. 

That's actually a good idea.  

If we aren't 2-2 at the bye I will be pissed if Shanahan gives them days off other than what is mandated by the league.

You're an easy target when your team has sucked for the better part of 20 years.  But if you think we are finally turning a corner, then you have to believe you'll get the last laugh...eventually  

It's not just sucked (with moments of hope), it's that the owner beclowned himself from the beginning, we've had a revolving door for head coaches, and we've made boneheaded trades.  However, I really do believe the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a mirage.

I had a cowboys fan I work with ask me what was up with the redskins, I replied with "they suck total ass, our defense is an embarrassment to the sport, our QB is not ready, and our coaching has been terrible"

What was left for him to say?

The Redskins suck so far. Period. We deserve any criticism we get. There is absolutely nothing we can say in defense of this pathetic display we've seen so far this season

I finished the conversation with "cowboys suck too". But as far as defending the redskins, wtf is the point?

I prefer to hear smack from others.  It is much worse when you hear crickets and/or see a patronizing look cross their face.  It is even better than the RG3 exhaustion talk (apparent smack brought on by those fans of other teams just tired about all the repititive talk about RG3).  Real smack means others are scared of you.

I live in illinois where Redskin fans are almost non-existent so I get in these conversations often. I just feel when I get in these conversations we must be relavant in some way or fashion or people wouldn't even want to discuss it with me. I know our team isn't doing very well right now but I figure these guys go to battle for us on Sundays it's my job as a fan to go to war for our organization the rest of the week. At the end of the day it's just football and heck I love arguing for my Redskins or just having a chance to talk about them in a area where usually I'm the only one sporting the Burgandy and Gold.

You just hit them back -- no team is perfect and they have areas they can be goofed on as well. I remember an Eagles fan saying that the Redskins were the 'special needs kids' in the NFC East. I replied, "The special needs kids with three rings. How many Super Bowls have the Eagles won?"

It's especially easy this season within the division -- the NFC East's record outside the division is 0-7, so no one has bragging rights at this point.

sick of hearing smack.  i don't talk smack & don't like to hear it.

the bummer about this season is that this can't help but feel out of the blue.  i keep trying to tell myself that they'll figure it out...we can't be this bad.  i want to imagine that some of it is rust, some of it is getting blindsided week 1 vs. the Kelly offense & our own rust, & week 2 was GB's home opener vs. Aaron Rodgers & we still have that lingering rust on offense.  i want to believe that our fortunes will turn around once we figure out the offense.  i want to envision that guys will cover with just the slightest sense of urgency & ability.  i keep trying to convince myself that Fletcher isn't hitting a steep decline, & that Cofield can't be THAT important to our defense.

the reality is, we can't stop the run...which was a strong point last year.  we can't run the ball when teams expect it....something that was of little consequence a season ago.  guys are still dropping greatly thrown balls that hit them right in the hands at an alarming rate.  teams don't respect our outside coverage & we aren't giving them any reason to.  i see a lot of diving at feet, not hitting our fits on defense, & a ton of miscommunication or guys just not having a clue of where to go. 

it's a complete 180 from the TEAM i saw in pre-season & most of last year.  i hear that we need our swagger back, & that we will shake off the rust along with RGIII & get this ship righted. 

it's just really hard to see the light right now because the things concerning things that aren't going right are not the things that we expected to have challenges in our execution.  a W this Sunday would go a looooong way towards righting the ship....but last year when we struggled to a 3-6 start we always were in the game & competitive to the last whistle. 

i think that's the toughest pill to swallow.  we haven't been blown out very often lately....let alone consistently railroaded like the last 2 weeks.  i think that's what worries most of us die-hards, & makes the smack-talk sting so much more than usual.  we had (we thought) realistically high expectations for this team, & i think it worried the rest of the league as well.  to the tune that i believe what we're dealing with is 1 part backfire for all of our media attention during last year & the offseason, 1 part being the rest of the NFL fans taking a collective sigh of relief & chest-pumping at the notion that we ever were in contention, & the last part having to do with the way in which we are losing these games.

let's face it...we're just going to have to take it head-on until we have a steady stream of success............i still hope...but reality is settling in like a boss hovering over your shoulder.

I agree with you nemocystem. The problem I have with it is that this problem has been a problem for years but last year everything aligned just right. The problem is that our defense over persues on a lot of plays which makes their OL look like All-Pros. I rarely see any one of our DL shed their blocks and make a stop behind the LOS. I rarely see our CB's play press coverage even down near the goal line. I could play QB, my wife could run a pass pattern, I could throw the ball to her, and she could catch it for a 5 yard gain. I could run 10 slant plays and they would worked 9 out of 10 times because of the coverage they play. Everyone blames RGIII and the offense being out of sync as the issue. But RGIII doesn't play defense. Yeah, the offensive woes contribute to the poor defensive play but you don't see the Jaguars, the Vikings, and even the Eagles look this bad. But this team has a habit of making ordinary QB's look like All-Pros. Sam Bradford, Matthew Stafford, Michael Vick, and others that play us look awesome but can't even do that against a team like the Jaguars or the Bills.

The smack talk from the Cowgirl fans is always there. They could be 1-15 just as long as the 1 win was against the Redskins. They act like they have a Super Bowl Caliber team and they are going to go undefeated until reality sets in and they are at home watching some other team in the playoffs hoping that Jerry Jones will give up his duties as GM and hire a coach that will tell him to go back up to his owners box because he can handle firing up the team. The other teams that talk smack like New England fans forget that they were once the Cleveland Browns, the Jacksonville Jaguars, the Detroit Lions, and the team that always was drafting players year after year in the top 10 or even better top 5. Seattle, San Diego, Oakland, Tennessee, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, and a few others are never consistent winners either.

The fans of other teams in the local area are transplants or fair weather fans and when asked when their team last won the Super Bowl or even made it there the typical response is "Well at least we have a better record than you," or "At least they made the playoffs," or "We beat you this year." If that is the best comeback they can bring up then they are truly blind to the fact that their team is not that much better than ours. The Eagle fans are the worst of them all. They act like they have the best team and are loyal but they have no Super Bowl wins or trophies in their case.  So let them talk smack but also remind them of their deficiencies that continually prevent them from achieving the ultimate success. The Super Bowl.

Archived