103 members have voted

1. 1. Options for the current situation involving RGIII,Cousins, and the team

• Leave RGIII in no matter how the season goes
    • Put Cousins in temporarily hoping to spark the team
    • Rotate RGIII and Cousins in so both can be ready
    • Sit RGIII if he continues to struggle / show little improvement
    • Showcase Cousins to other NFL teams looking for QB
    • Give OP an Ex-Lax cake and tell him to STFU

Judging by the kneejerk on ES right now, you'd think RGIII is done and won't be the same ever again. He showed a lot of improvement today in terms of accuracy and decisiveness in the pocket. Even though it's been beaten to death, it seems like people are starting to forget that it was his third game coming off major knee surgery, and he's improved every game.

I'm very disappointed in the fanbase today. This franchise doesn't deserved RGIII. After resurrecting this franchie last yr with his talent and electric play, and playing through injury, it seems like people are ready to turn on him. While he has made some bonehead mistakes, I think he'll be back to himself in a few weeks. Remember, he wasn't himself for the first 4-5 games when he came back from his first injury at Baylor.

Yes. Criticizing a player is turning on him.  Extremeskins rule number one.

After seeing today, I want to see another game at least of RG III.  He had a couple of bad decisions, but he was looking a bit more comfortable out there, made a few moves that were a bit more like what he was doing.  I'm worried we may have lost the season, but think of this as training camp for next year, and a real Super Bowl run and maybe, we will be okay.

Judging by the kneejerk on ES right now, you'd think RGIII is done and won't be the same ever again. He showed a lot of improvement today in terms of accuracy and decisiveness in the pocket. Even though it's been beaten to death, it seems like people are starting to forget that it was his third game coming off major knee surgery, and he's improved every game.

I'm very disappointed in the fanbase today. This franchise doesn't deserved RGIII. After resurrecting this franchie last yr with his talent and electric play, and playing through injury, it seems like people are ready to turn on him. While he has made some bonehead mistakes, I think he'll be back to himself in a few weeks. Remember, he wasn't himself for the first 4-5 games when he came back from his first injury at Baylor.

its not kneejerk its common cents. he wont be the same bcuz he dont trust his knee and he cant run. If he cant run then the read option dont work and everyone figured it out anyway so he will just be another running qb that cant run just like mcnabb and cambell. trust me he wont be the same. start cousins before is too late and get some draft picks for RG3

Good game today bar a couple of learning moments.  Accuracy looked much better, hitting it right for YAC a lot.  Much more confidence in his foot work.

He looked really good on the roll outs, nice to see a bunch of them again.

That is what I am talking about. Much better game today but a few more boneheaded decisions may have cost us the W. I expect a W next week at the Raiders now. The defense actually put together a decent game as well in the second half regardless of what the box score says. By the eye test this was our best performance of the season in all phases of the game.

Yes. Criticizing a player is turning on him.  Extremeskins rule number one.

I keep on tellin you guys we gotta trade RG3 while we can or else he just gonna be another Mcnabb or Cambell. Trade him while he still got trade value ang then get 2 1st round picks then upgrade the offense but nobody wont listen to me

Prime example right here.

Im not turning on him he still my dude, but you gotta think about the future yo. Think about it: Cousins did his thing last year and for the most part the offense didnt miss a beat, so why not let him start and then trade RG3 for  2 1st round picks. Then we got 3 1st round picks next year. I mean just imagining the damage we could do for real we could go from okay to unstoppable in one draft. draft a stud wr, te, and maybe rb or o line and then our offense would be off the chain.

its not kneejerk its common cents. he wont be the same bcuz he dont trust his knee and he cant run. If he cant run then the read option dont work and everyone figured it out anyway so he will just be another running qb that cant run just like mcnabb and cambell. trust me he wont be the same. start cousins before is too late and get some draft picks for RG3

LOL. He can't run?? He had 37 rushing yds on 6 carries today, which is pretty good, and he'll be even faster when he gets that brace off next yr. Comparing him to Campbell??  :lol: At at a loss for words right now.

I keep on tellin you guys we gotta trade RG3 while we can or else he just gonna be another Mcnabb or Cambell. Trade him while he still got trade value ang then get 2 1st round picks then upgrade the offense but nobody wont listen to me

There's a reason no one is listening.

We wouldn't be able to get 2 first rounders at this point...not given the strength of the projected 2014 crop of QBs coming into the league.  We'd be lucky to get one first rounder with a QB that has had 2 ACL surgeries as well as an LCL.

I think he may have gotten dumber. His decision-making is completely shot.

I loved the "touchdown" pass. But he's shown flashes every week. Third game in a row where he couldn't bring it together for four quarters.

And you are ok with saying he may not ever be the answer after his what 19th start? Despite the season he had last year and the major knee surgery he is coming back from, 3 games in where has hasn't had 4 great quarters and just like that he isn't the answer?

Don't you ink that is an extreme exaggeration?

still cant believe people are saying to trade him away. he had a lot of REALLY good, on-the-money throws today. looks like hes starting to get his groove back. take away the stupid fumble, and i thought he had a good performance. let the catch to aldrick stand, dont make that fumble (after a great run that nobody is talking about), and we win the game. 

Im not turning on him he still my dude, but you gotta think about the future yo. Think about it: Cousins did his thing last year and for the most part the offense didnt miss a beat, so why not let him start and then trade RG3 for  2 1st round picks. Then we got 3 1st round picks next year. I mean just imagining the damage we could do for real we could go from okay to unstoppable in one draft. draft a stud wr, te, and maybe rb or o line and then our offense would be off the chain.

Quick, someone get this guy one of RG3's spare knee braces before he jerks again.

RGIII has no one else to blame but himself. He and his dad did a lot of public / political jousting with the Skins coaching staff. He got all of what he demanded, and when it came to delivering, he hasn't been able to.

I am speculating that this is in part because RG III is not fully healed both physically, and mentally. He simply isn't in football shape. There is good reason, why there are 4 pre-season games, and it helps prepare young players horn their skills. These games are especially important for QBs, as it helps them get into sync with their offense ... OL, TE, RB and WRs.

Given where we are today, I think Kirk gives us a better chance to win games. He may not have the strongest arm, but he is smart, and makes enough positive plays to keep us in the game.

Take today's game. The defense played pretty well. But, our offence couldn't score points. Hall gave us a TD, and another interception lead to 3 points. So, 10 off the 20 points were scored by the defense. You are not going to win many games is your offense scores only 10 points. And, the inability to convert 3rd downs is embarrassing.

Last year, RG III would be able to run 5 or more yards for a 1st down. This year he either can't or doesn't want to.

RGIII has no one else to blame but himself. He and his dad did a lot of public / political jousting with the Skins coaching staff. He got all of what he demanded, and when it came to delivering, he hasn't been able to.

I am speculating that this is in part because RG III is not fully healed both physically, and mentally. He simply isn't in football shape. There is good reason, why there are 4 pre-season games, and it helps prepare young players horn their skills. These games are especially important for QBs, as it helps them get into sync with their offense ... OL, TE, RB and WRs.

Given where we are today, I think Kirk gives us a better chance to win games. He may not have the strongest arm, but he is smart, and makes enough positive plays to keep us in the game.

Take today's game. The defense played pretty well. But, our offence couldn't score points. Hall gave us a TD, and another interception lead to 3 points. So, 10 off the 20 points were scored by the defense. You are not going to win many games is your offense scores only 10 points. And, the inability to convert 3rd downs is embarrassing.

Last year, RG III would be able to run 5 or more yards for a 1st down. This year he either can't or doesn't want to.

What did Kirk do against the falcons? Nada.

What did Kirk do under the lights in the playoffs? Nada

What did Kirk do in the preseason? Get hurt trying to run the ball.

Say you play Kirk and then he sucks? What do you do then?

Say you play Kirk and he plays GREAT? What do you do with Robert who wont be getting first team reps in practice and wont be getting game experience on the new knee? Trade him? Cut him? Eat the picks?

Have you or have you not seen progress from Robert game to game?

Have we or have we not one of the worst defenses in the league?

Have we or have we not one of the worst O-lines in terms of pass protection in the league?

What statistical basis do we have to suggest cousins is superior in any way to robert on the field?

What evidence do you have that Robert won't continue to get better game to game as the season goes on?

Where does robert stand in comparison to OTHER 0-3 QBs in the league right now and if they aren't being benched, why is robert being held to a different standard?

What did Kirk do against the falcons? Nada.

What did Kirk do under the lights in the playoffs? Nada

What did Kirk do in the preseason? Get hurt trying to run the ball.

Say you play Kirk and then he sucks? What do you do then?

Say you play Kirk and he plays GREAT? What do you do with Robert who wont be getting first team reps in practice and wont be getting game experience on the new knee? Trade him? Cut him? Eat the picks?

Have you or have you not seen progress from Robert game to game?

Have we or have we not one of the worst defenses in the league?

Have we or have we not one of the worst O-lines in terms of pass protection in the league?

What statistical basis do we have to suggest cousins is superior in any way to robert on the field?

What evidence do you have that Robert won't continue to get better game to game as the season goes on?

Where does robert stand in comparison to OTHER 0-3 QBs in the league right now and if they aren't being benched, why is robert being held to a different standard?

Well, to Kirk's defense, if it wasn't for him, RGIII and the Redskins don't make the playoffs.

What about Kirk stepping in against the eventual SuperBowl champion Ravens and pulling out a win?

The same Kirk who beat Cleveland, although not as spectacular, he still got the job done.

Again, there were no playoff chances if it were not for Kirk.

The seahawks game was a game where some will question whether RGIII should have came out after aggravating his knee again; we all pat him on the back for his guts in doing it, but in the end the Seahawks made the adjustments needed and the redskins didn't, if Cousins had been put in, who knows?  I'm not saying he could have beaten the seahawks, as much as you can't say that he couldn't...

3 losses do not bother me as much as I really don't think RG3 is as healthy as they would like us to believe. Cousins should have started the season. However, if Cousins was out there and the team played this way - we would be screaming for RG3. With the other problems - QB might not be as big a deal as it seems - at this point. Penalties and tackling problems are enough.

Well, to Kirk's defense, if it wasn't for him, RGIII and the Redskins don't make the playoffs.

What about Kirk stepping in against the eventual SuperBowl champion Ravens and pulling out a win?

The same Kirk who beat Cleveland, although not as spectacular, he still got the job done.

Again, there were no playoff chances if it were not for Kirk.

The seahawks game was a game where some will question whether RGIII should have came out after aggravating his knee again; we all pat him on the back for his guts in doing it, but in the end the Seahawks made the adjustments needed and the redskins didn't, if Cousins had been put in, who knows?  I'm not saying he could have beaten the seahawks, as much as you can't say that he couldn't...

Cousins was mediocre last year. Nothing special. Nothing spectacular. The numbers bear that out. You want to argue stats? Extrapolate Robert's current numbers out to a 16 game season and he will look similar to cousins last year in turnovers, TDs and rushing, passing, sac totals, the whole nine. The idea that somehow cousins will, coming off a foot injury that cost him half the  preseason games, somehow be a better QB is laughable. This is just a case of the backup being the most popular guy in the city when a team is struggling. No disrespect to cousins but from what we have heard he is ordinary in practice and from what we have seen he is ordinary in games. Our biggest issues are not at QB they are with the secondary and our offensive line(though they have improved somewhat over last year to my eye).

I'm frankly amazed by some of the comments in this thread. Amazed.

People have very short memories and even allowing for the 'what have you done for me lately" zeitgeist I defy anyone to watch yesterdays game back and not tell me that RGIII looked better again than he did last week in just about all aspects of his game. He has progressed every game he has played and is starting to look like the guy we remember from last year.

The fumble killed us along with the drop when he hit the ground in the end zone by Robinson on the bomb. The pick he threw I'm sure he was just trying to throw away but he cant do that (which is I think what Shanny was telling him based on the look on his face when he was talking to RGIII as he passed him heading for the bench!) 

0-3 sucks but lets try not to look at RGIIIs performance level through that lens. He is part of the solution here short term and long term not part of the problem.

Archived