Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Madden 25

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

I liked it. Played online, and the first roster update corrected the Cofield and Cousins issues.

By the way: in 3rd down situations, manually sub in Tapp and B. Jenkins for Bowen and J. Jenkins in the 2-3-6 dime. I had Orakpo, Kerrigan, Tapp, and Jenkins pass rushing and played soft zones and regular man behind. That pass rush is incredible.

The option plays are nice in that they give you who to read on the defense.

Amerson and Rambo actually aren't that bad.

Been watching my son play and they have Henderson playing the slot. Am I missing something when did we get a Henderson playing receiver for us? Before someone asks yes I'm sure it's not Hankerson because he is in there too. Could it be Devery Henderson?

We signed him for camp. Cut him in the first round of cuts.

Dont forget to go to the online section and download the newest roster....it really improves on Rambo's stats as a FS.  My impressions so far is that the read option is super fun and makes morris unstoppable.  I've also found defense to be very difficult so far, especially against the pass

I liked it. Played online, and the first roster update corrected the Cofield and Cousins issues.

By the way: in 3rd down situations, manually sub in Tapp and B. Jenkins for Bowen and J. Jenkins in the 2-3-6 dime. I had Orakpo, Kerrigan, Tapp, and Jenkins pass rushing and played soft zones and regular man behind. That pass rush is incredible.

The option plays are nice in that they give you who to read on the defense.

Amerson and Rambo actually aren't that bad.

We signed him for camp. Cut him in the first round of cuts.

wasnt first round of cuts yesterday? or was first round of cuts anytime from training camp leading up to yesterday?

I mainly play Madden online so here are my early impressions after 4 online games.

• They need an immediate patch to cut down on all the injuries. RGIII has been injured twice, Cousins once, broken jaws, broken collarbones...WTF?  Look I understand why in franchise modes and stuff injuries exist but for me, in an online match where it is a one-off game, injuries should be extremely rare. It just takes the fun out of the prospect of playing with the best players available. Especially the fact that it is happening on very routine tackles.

• Linebackers are still too unrealistically able to jump 10 ft in the air to get INTs.  I had Paulson open 20 yards down field, and I threw the ball, a lineback fell backwards, Matrix-bullet-time style and made the INT. WTF is that? Seriously?

• They did a good job fixing the running mechanics and got rid of the overly-sensitive body mechanics so now you can actually run along the O-line and wait for a hole to open up.  Last year if you even made any contact with your lineman during a run your RB instantly tripped or stumbled down.  It made it nearly impossible to do the zone runs where you have to hang back a bit before making a cut.

• The arcade-y feel is back somewhat, sometimes it definitely feels they are playing on an ice skating rink the way you will hit a RB or WR and they magically "skate" 3-4 yards forward after contact.

• Very good job implimenting the read option/pistol.  There is so much you can do out of this formation. In '13 they tried to design a few plays for this but it was very sloppy.  In 25, they went all out and it is just lethal.

• They messed with the engine somewhat, I noticed when you get an INT there is more of a delay before you can turn around and start running it back.  You almost don't realize you got the INT and think the ball was dropped, before the screen flips, so you have to make sure to pay attention.

• This is the best the 'Skins have been in the game right out of the gate since Madden '06 when the game was based on the '05 playoff team.  The offense is really a force and I noticed RGIII rarely if ever underthrows deep passes the way he seemed to in '13. 

Like I said, only 4 games in, but I am liking it overall so far despite my minor gripes.  There does seem to be an awful lot of screen tearing and glitches (players sinking into the ground after tackles, or going transparent after scoring a TD etc etc)for a game this late into the current-gen console cycle.  Maybe they were putting a lot of effort into the Next-Gen releases of it?

Our offense is ****ing lethal man.

Couple tips

Run out of the pistol A LOT. Send your X/Y on curls when the CBs are playing off. Run morris out of the pistol then run an off tackle run with Helu. INSANE.

And Josh Morgan is a friggin beast

Maybe a stupid question but how do I just play a regular old season? No online, no crazy owner coach mode, no weird 3v3....just a regular offline season with a team?

That's basically what the connected careers coach mode is.

Our offense is ****ing lethal man.

Couple tips

Run out of the pistol A LOT. Send your X/Y on curls when the CBs are playing off. Run morris out of the pistol then run an off tackle run with Helu. INSANE.

And Josh Morgan is a friggin beast

That's basically what the connected careers coach mode is.

I said the moment we drafted RG3 that people should prepare for the Skins to be one of the most used/featured teams in Madden for as long as he was the quarterback. That's what talent and marketability does.

I've also noticed too with Garcon.  When he is supposed to be running a deep inside route, say down the right sideline for 20 yards before cutting inside.  The majority of the times he is wide open during the 20 yard scamper, so I will throw it to him before he even makes the inside cut, and the AI automatically picks that up and he will catch it and be gone.

You don't always have to wait for a WR to make the cut in the route.  If you see 'em open. Throw it to them.

The key is to getting it to them in space, especially Garcon because a lot of times the defender will try to dive at him to make the tackle once he catches it and a quick flick of the stick will have him easily juke a dive tackle attempt and then it is off to the races!

This is crazy. I'm bullying dudes with the Skins. We haven't been this legit since we had 2008 CP and Moss' speed was like 95+.

Also, our defense isn't that bad once you figure out your opponents tedencies.

Just beat a guy that had the Niners. As long as you keep Kerrigan or Rak on QB contain, the read option can't do anything. The niners D is monstrous tho. I could barely get anything with Morris.

My Xbox gamertag is pillowpants93 if anyone wants a beating :)

This is crazy. I'm bullying dudes with the Skins. We haven't been this legit since we had 2008 CP and Moss' speed was like 95+.

Also, our defense isn't that bad once you figure out your opponents tedencies.

Just beat a guy that had the Niners. As long as you keep Kerrigan or Rak on QB contain, the read option can't do anything. The niners D is monstrous tho. I could barely get anything with Morris.

My Xbox gamertag is pillowpants93 if anyone wants a beating :)

I'll shoot you a line. Hitman36ST on Xbox. Skins v Skins will be interesting :D

Can someone help me out?

I have downloaded the new Roster Update. I have even deleted the old, out of the box, original rosters. Then, I LOADED the new roster update and made sure that it was loaded by checking that Cousins's rating was fixed and he is 2nd string.

Then, when I start a connected careers mode, offline, as a coach, the original rosters are back. I do NOT want to play with an awful Cousins and Cofield. I was the latest roster update to be what I start my connected careers with. Even when I choose "Import custom roster" it says it imports but when I go to check, the old rosters are there. Am I totally missing something?

Can someone help me out?

I have downloaded the new Roster Update. I have even deleted the old, out of the box, original rosters. Then, I LOADED the new roster update and made sure that it was loaded by checking that Cousins's rating was fixed and he is 2nd string.

Then, when I start a connected careers mode, offline, as a coach, the original rosters are back. I do NOT want to play with an awful Cousins and Cofield. I was the latest roster update to be what I start my connected careers with. Even when I choose "Import custom roster" it says it imports but when I go to check, the old rosters are there. Am I totally missing something?

Nope. I'm in an online CC using the Skins, it's the same way. I'm more mad that Chris Thompson isn't on my roster than Cousins and Cofield's ratings.

Foy anyone with the anniversary edition through amazon - have any of you tried setting the Direct TV Sunday Ticket for mobile devices/tablets? I ask because from what I've read you can only get it if Direct TV is not available in your area. If you are in an area where Direct TV has service, you have to switch your cable provider to them and they will give you Sunday Ticket free and $10 off per month. Does anyone know if this is true? I wanted to get it for the Sunday Ticket, but do not wish to change my cable provider.

Boy, that's incredibly dissapointing. So the roster updates are completely useless unless you play online. The literally do no good if you just want to kick back and play by yourself.

Just when I thought they had finally made a game worth my money...the roster as it defaults is a total embarrassment.

When you play an actual game on franchise mode, their ratings go back to normal.

It's just a glitch.

But Cofield is dreadful on the game anyway

Just started playing today. Have not played Madden in years.

RG3 is unstoppable in the pistol formation.

Is there a way to mass substitute in all back-ups? If I am blowing a team out in the 4th quarter in Franchise mode, I would like to play backups so they develop. Is there a way besides doing it one-by-one?

Archived