Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Madden 25

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

is no one else having lag issues playing on PS3 online? I can't even start a game without it freezing or taking forever on the load up. Also, just navigating through the menus or saving a file is night and day with the lag when you are online or offline.

Ive been playing all morning fine.  If you want to run a game, let me know.  Gecha_Popcrn_Rdy.  Add me, we can test it out and play if you want to.  I've only had a couple of issues, but they weren't on my end.  Few games would not load or right after we started it would disconnect.  But other than that, its worked fine for me.

Post on here if you want to do so, I just turned my PS3 off after three games.  

Just started playing today. Have not played Madden in years.

RG3 is unstoppable in the pistol formation.

Is there a way to mass substitute in all back-ups? If I am blowing a team out in the 4th quarter in Franchise mode, I would like to play backups so they develop. Is there a way besides doing it one-by-one?

No way to mass sub (at least that I've found). Easiest way would be to go to the depth chart and switch out the starters for the backups.

For the most part Madden 25 is solid for online play.  For franchise mode, its embarrassing to put it mild.  Once again, it's absolutely impossible to stop the run or just even tackle the RB.  Every game I would be surprised if either the computer or myself punted the ball even once.  Ryan Mathews had 200 yards in the first quarter this morning.  Defending the pass?  Throw that right out the window.  Every game is literally 50+ points for both teams.  Passing with RG3 I could probably close my eyes and complete passes.  Computer plays 10 yard cushions on WR's every down, making the out/in route a catch 95% of the time.  Roy Helu can get run down by a Dlineman.  Franchise mode is flat out embarrassing.   Most unrealistic Madden to date.  If you strictly play online, Madden 25 is awesome.  I have no idea how online play is a complete 360 degree difference then franchise mode.  When you start winning games and start actually pairing up to people who are good, it becomes a defensive game.  Difficult to run the offense if you are playing someone good with a good defense.  Highly disappointed with this years offline mode.  Not that it's much different then last year, but at least the CPU scores in this game.  

It took me 10 games online before I realized the turbo function was once again manual and not automatic.

What a difference that makes, Chris Thompson on a halfback toss took it the house with one good block.

RG3 rolling out of the pocket is lethal whether I decide to run or stop and make a pass.

Dammit, I wish I would have realized this sooner.

Looks like my streak will go on for a 6th year. What a shame.

You know, I started to reply to you that, for the first time in also, I believe, 6 years (what year was the 3rd year of Madden on the PS3?), I think I'm going to buy Madden this year. Decided to scroll down and read the rest of the posts first though. KuNiT21's post has me completely back with you. I'm all about offline, single-player franchise mode. I'm not sure I've ever played an online game of Madden (or pretty much any game) and have no interest to do so. So if the offline franchise mode sucks ass, yup, I'm with you and spjunkies (below). It's yet another year with no football video games.

I haven't played Madden since the one with Vick on the cover, but I was tempted to get this one. Judging by posts ITT I'm glad that I didn't waste my money.

Considering just how ****ing great NBA2K, MLB the Show, and the FIFA games are, it's a ****ing crime against humanity that we can't get a goddamn good football game. A damn ****ing shame. Really pisses me of when I think about it. I've always said that 66 is the one thing al Qaeda could blow up and not upset me, but I think I might have to add an empty-of-people EA Sports HQ to that list as well.

For those that play online, is me or is it extremely annoying that seemingly everyone is playing as either the 49ers or Seahawks and those teams are ranked so high that it can make bad/average players, look good?

I can usually keep pace with any team when it comes to scoring, but the defense is downright awful.  It kind of irks me because while the 'Skins pass defense did suck last season, the front seven was pretty good at stopping the run, but not in Madden 25.

For reference, when I played against the Vikings, sure AP got a few big runs here and there but ultimately I could contain him, however when playing the 49ers or Seattle it seemed like no matter defense I called, it never covered the guy getting the ball. Every run would get at least 4 yards, and then they were able to get into one of those "hey I'll run this same exact passing play anytime I need big yardage because I know the guy will be open every single time" zones.

I don't mind losing to players who are equally as good or better than me, but it was obvious these guys were just going for teams ranked above 90, and taking advantage of the game's engine making those teams nearly unstoppable.

I think I need to look into this whole franchise mode thing which I've never really explored because playing online is getting frustrating.

Trying to master the read option is tough - such a fast call you have to make, I usually end up goofing and doing exactly the opposite!

Fun overall online, though, but defense seems horrible. I'm usually pretty stout and call a good game, but teams are putting 40+ up on me regularly.

Hail that the RT boost is manual again, though!

So after digging around on some forums, I've found these sliders to work really well. It's close to anything realistic, but of course you have to tweak them.

https://www.cagclan.com/community/threads/23975-Best-Madden-25-Sliders-and-Settings?p=91822&viewfull=1

Also I rarely go online because of the online experience to me sucks. I rather have my custom settings and have that very reason, the read option to be stopped. If you are doing a franchise, I would try those sliders out. Also I would make the Injury around 10-25, because I had it set at 35 and lost Garçon for the year and had a high number of 2-8 week injuries. i know they come with the game but they are too high. Also do your own cuts. I've lost Aldrick Robinson, Biggers, Rambo, and Thompson to a CPU sim. But I've found those settings to work pretty good.

For those that play online, is me or is it extremely annoying that seemingly everyone is playing as either the 49ers or Seahawks and those teams are ranked so high that it can make bad/average players, look good?

I can usually keep pace with any team when it comes to scoring, but the defense is downright awful.  It kind of irks me because while the 'Skins pass defense did suck last season, the front seven was pretty good at stopping the run, but not in Madden 25.

For reference, when I played against the Vikings, sure AP got a few big runs here and there but ultimately I could contain him, however when playing the 49ers or Seattle it seemed like no matter defense I called, it never covered the guy getting the ball. Every run would get at least 4 yards, and then they were able to get into one of those "hey I'll run this same exact passing play anytime I need big yardage because I know the guy will be open every single time" zones.

I don't mind losing to players who are equally as good or better than me, but it was obvious these guys were just going for teams ranked above 90, and taking advantage of the game's engine making those teams nearly unstoppable.

I think I need to look into this whole franchise mode thing which I've never really explored because playing online is getting frustrating.

Yeah, I have issues with those teams as well.  What I've started doing 75% of the time, if someone picks either the 49ers or Seahawks, I just end the session and re-search for games.  What pisses me off the most is the Seahawks, they have a huge hard-on for that team this year.  They pick off so much **** and cause so many fumbles its not even close to being reality.  

I will throw a bullet pass to a player that is cutting and has the defender beat by 2-3 yards and they magically teleport/jump in front of the pass and pick it off.  I can't count how many times I've thrown a normal/lob pass to a WR beating the DB by 5 yards and the DB picks off the pass still facing the same direction running down the field.  They never broke on the ball, just jumped through the roof and caught it before my WR could.  Literally, they were running in the direction the ball was going, never looking back, jumped as the ball was over their head, picked it.  

With that said though, RGIII is a beast on the scramble/running plays.  Although, he seems to get injured really easy on running plays where Im running out of bounds and get drilled.  Like knocked out of the game hurt.  

I love head to head competition, so I'll always play online.  But it doesnt seem to be an improvement over last years version, which I liked.  Rushing is way too easy with a speedy back or QB.  

One thing I'e noticed, if you want to run with RGIII, the QB Wrap play is better than the read option.

You can get to it easy by looking under "player" selecting RGIII, and scrolling to it.

The reason this is easier is because this is just a straight up run play for the QB, where it looks similar to the pistol so the DE usually crashes down to tackle the RB, and then there is open field on the side the DE vacates.

I have run for TDs and/or long gains when using this play, regardless if RGIII ran to the left or right.

The key to maximizing it, it waiting long enough for the DE to run past RGIII after the RB. If you try to take off too soon it will tip off the DE and he will stop pursuing the RB.

What makes this play so lethal too is unlike last year's Madden when this was added in at the last second, in Madden 25, the downfield blocking when RGIII runs this play is amazing, the first DB is usually always knocked to the ground so it becomes a foot race to the endzone and the only way RGIII is caught is if the secondary happened to already be playing deep.

Keep in mind once in awhile the defense will nab RGIII in the backfield, so don't over-use it, but if you use it as part of the usual run/pass/play action mix, it is good for 2-3 long RGIII runs relatively contact free per game.

I mostly use the read option/pistol itself to run the ball or pass, I just want to have the defense thinking I am running with RGIII.

Oh and I concur on the speedy RB conundrum.  The issue I have is that Madden makes speedy RBs so good that it doesn't matter if the team itself is bad at blocking ratings wise.

Example: I was playing the Raiders and McFadden took outside tosses and consistently was getting 10-15 yards a rush merely because of his speed, and every single time the blocks lined up perfectly for this to happen, even though if programmers were trying to be as accurate as they claim, most defenses would be blowing up the Raiders poor O-line in order to get to McFadden better.

I just housed some guy online, 59-49.  Last TD for him was more pitty and me not running the clock out (i.e. I went for it on 4th on my own 20 after I picked him off in the endzone).  I hate TN, so **** him.  RGIII, 260 yards rushing and 5 TDs.  Playing with the Skins this year is like McDonnald's........I'M LOVIN IT!!!

When you play an actual game on franchise mode, their ratings go back to normal.

It's just a glitch.

But Cofield is dreadful on the game anyway

It's not a glitch at all, they did the same exact thing last year.  They updated off-line connect careers roster like once or twice and it appears they're doing it again this season.  You'll most likely see the off-line roster update by week 5 or something stupid.  Really pissed me off last year.

Hey guys I just thought of an idea for the next gen verisons of Madden online vs games, it may sound rediculous but just want to see what y'all think. More so for the Xbox One with its built in Kinect with Skype but if you get the Eye then it may work with the Ps4 as well. After you score or make a big play you get 5 seconds of camera time.

Lets call it the touchdown celebration or after a big momentum type play, say after you score then you get about a 5 second live video feed of you celebrating in a small picture in picture at the corner of the screen or you could even make it full screen then it goes away on the guy your playing against screen. The whole thing has to be some what instant and not any load or pause connecting or none of that.

Hell naw or hell yeah?

EA had a racing game called Burnout Paradise a few years back.

When you performed a "take down" on someone, you can see the look on their face if they had the X-Box Camera or PS Eye Toy. It was kind of fun seeing the looks on people faces. So I know it can work, but l wouldn't want to participate in that. 5 Seconds is a long time...

...just posted this in the DirecTV\Sunday ticket thread but wanted to post here too. Maybe it'll save somebody some trouble:

Not really the same but I wanted to post this for people who may experience this problem trying to get the Sunday Ticket with Madden 25 Anniversary Edition. For some reason, I could not get logged on using the credentials on the little card that came with the game. Tried several times and had to call the support # on the card (which is just a DirecTV support number). The wait was a little long this morning. Here's what the resolution was:

The tech was able to log in, but I was not, using the same credentials. We figured out that, for some reason, where the password is listed the zero was an "O" and an "O" was a zero. Even though they were printed on the card as the opposite. I'm know what the characters look like, but they are printed oddly on that card. The zeros in the username were indeed zeros, but the zero in the password was and "O" and the "O" was a zero.

Additionally, I could not log in successfully unless I got off of my wireless connection and plugged in to my router with an ethernet cable When I did that, it accepted my credentials immediately. The tech had just gone through that with another user trying to authenticate using a wireless connection. Weird. It was "Maddening" trying to figure it out. Gonna post this in that Madden thread too, just in case any ES'ers have the same kind of issues.

• 3 weeks later...

I play online on PS3, gamertag Shootwos  and only play as Skins ~  Anyone have any new roster setups for latest update? I can't believe we went down to a 79 and its taking all I have to compete. I did pick up one thing from here about putting Rambo at SS and let Merriweather be FS. Need a fast FS in the game and Rambo is not causing fumbles at FS, we need him using that high HP. I am messing around with my ends right now, I have both Kerrapo at ends with barnett, riley and fletch as my lbs. This setup is good at times but the HP is taking a hit however, they play good zones. I just wanted to see how others may have their Skins roster setup.
PS ~ I seriously need the Skins to win, make both of my worlds happy.  HAIL

Archived