Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Madden 25

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Game just released today and I've been playing it since around 2pm. 

First impressions are "meh"

1. Graphics aren't impressive at all. No real changes to the presentation.

2. The new running engine is amazing. You legit feel like you're controlling every aspect of your runner. 

3. With that said, defense is nearly impossible. Good luck making any tackles in space.

4. The Redskins' offense is insane. RGIII and morris are monsters.

5. The Redskins' defense...my God. They completely undervalued Barry Cofield so he's literally pushed back every play, screwing up the pass rush. All the defensive rookies are complete trash, especially Rambo

6. The game is back to the arcadey feel from previous editions. Teams with a **** ton of speed (I.e. Skins and Iggles) are unstoppable.

7. Phil Simms is still terrible on commentary.

8. Kirk Cousins' jersey doesn't have sleeve stripes...WTF?

Anybody else play it?

I pre-ordered Madden 25 on Amazon. It came in the mail today but I haven't played it yet. Might turn it on now to check it out. I honestly haven't owned Madden in like 2-3 years.

The only reason I got it was for "free" Sunday ticket - which I am so excited for. :D

I have been playing it and x2 to the Cofield/defensive rookies comment.  Also, Cousins is rated lower than Pat White.  I was able to solve the safeties' ratings issue by making Rambo and Thomas SS instead of FS.  This brought them from 69 OVR to 75 and 70, respectively.  Moving Meriwhether to FS boosted his OVR by 4 pts as well.  There is no hope for solving the Cofield issue though, as Baker and Brace beat his rating by 5+ pts.   :angry:  Since I just tend to jump into franchise mode and go, I will have to deal with the NT position during the next off-season.  For those buying the game late, I anticipate a roster update very soon that rectifies some of this stuff.

What is the deal with cofield.... When you go to franchise his ratings goes from 83, which is too low anyway,to like 68 or something.... Wtf is that, I haven't messed with defense to much but the offense is great with the pistol offense, read option, triple option etc.

The run game is amazing!!!!! I love it, it feels so controllable.

Cousins lower than white is retarded.... They will probably come out with another roster update right after the beginning of the season to fix cofield and cousins..... I hope

Im liking it personally.  Got it on PS3.  I don't like having to hit the R3 button to bring up the line adjustments, especially on offense, but I'll get over it.  I don't understand why the main changes almost every year revolve around ****ing switching adjustment/hotroute/audible menus.  You got one controller for the last what? 5-6 maddens........decide on one.

Other than that, which I can easily adjust to, Im loving the game.  I have noticed on the two online ranked games I played that it seems a little slower switching to the player closest to the ball on defense than last year.  I'll press the button, then try to swat/pick the pass and sometimes it wont react fast enough.  Like last year, if someone threw it deep, I could hit circle as it was coming down, then press and hold triangle and start the jump/pick animation and get a ton of INTs.   Maybe thats a fix, now that I think about it.

My first online game, I ran the Skins and my opponent ran Broncos.  I moped the floor with him.  I was up 45-3 in the 3rd Qtr and had 250 rushing yards with 5 TDs with RG3 :D.  My last TD I lined up in the same formation that I was running from with RG3, tossed a 60 yard TD pass to Robinson.  Guy quit at the beginning of the 4th when I got my 7th INT.  

Second game, played the Steelers, didnt run as well with RG3, I got him hurt in the 1st qtr lol, but kept him in the game.  Was up 17-14 on that guy, but he tried to disconnect me I think cause I would get some lag packets, then it would stop.  Honestly, after I went up on him, I kicked off, then took a leak while the defense was on the field, came back and he had been kicked for excessive griefing.  

One thing I dont like, I cant sub in Hankerson at TE anymore and take advantage about the mismatch in height/speed against a linebacker.  Call it cheesy if you want to, but Shanny made Niles Paul a TE, so I should be able to make Hank one too  :D

Started playing last night, caught Shady McCoy from behind with Brian Orakpo.  Needless to say this kind of crap is what ruins the game for me.  And it wasn't like McCoy had just broke the line or something he was gone down the sidelines and Orakpo caught him in the same fashion Green ran down Dorsett.

Been watching my son play and they have Henderson playing the slot. Am I missing something when did we get a Henderson playing receiver for us? Before someone asks yes I'm sure it's not Hankerson because he is in there too. Could it be Devery Henderson?

After Atari in the 80s, I gave up on video games.  I'm just not coordinated enough at this point at my age to think about what buttons to press.  I guess if you play it enough, you don't think about it, but I wouldn't want to take the time to learn.  I waste enough time in front of the TV as it is.   My wife would be pissed.  She says she appreciates that I'm not one of those husbands that plays video games.

After Atari in the 80s, I gave up on video games.  I'm just not coordinated enough at this point at my age to think about what buttons to press.  I guess if you play it enough, you don't think about it, but I wouldn't want to take the time to learn.  I waste enough time in front of the TV as it is.   My wife would be pissed.  She says she appreciates that I'm not one of those husbands that plays video games.

Hmm... I've never understood the stigma that surrounds men that play videogames. As with anything leisure related, if you spend too much time, and/or you are addicted to playing, I can see where there is an issue, or if you're in a relationship, and it interferes with the stuff that they could be doing together, I could see that as well... But strictly speaking from a "Me time" perspective, I really don't understand why that perception has been given so much power.

I remember seeing my dad (who is the outdoors-y type on occasion) play Doom in his office during the early-mid 90's. His life/relationships weren't ruined because of it.

Hmm... I've never understood the stigma that surrounds men that play videogames. As with anything leisure related, if you spend too much time, and/or you are addicted to playing, I can see where there is an issue, or if you're in a relationship, and it interferes with the stuff that they could be doing together, I could see that as well... But strictly speaking from a "Me time" perspective, I really don't understand why that perception has been given so much power.

I remember seeing my dad (who is the outdoors-y type on occasion) play Doom in his office during the early-mid 90's. His life/relationships weren't ruined because of it.

I supposed that it depends on how addicted you are to it.  I can also see where the stereotype has been put out there that middle aged men who play video games are lazy and unattentive.  I have my own vice of watching too much TV.  She does get aggrevated with me watching too much TV.

Archived