Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: Statement From Redskins Owner Daniel M. Snyder

TK

I am marrying my gorgeous and sweet Colombian bride this weekend, in Colombia. I am glad we are moving to Miami before this happens. 

yeah...from what I hear about Miami...I would think DC with an Olympics going on would be cleaner, calmer, and safer ;)

yeah...from what I hear about Miami...I would think DC with an Olympics going on would be cleaner, calmer, and safer ;)

Only for a year until she can get the hang of the US, then we are going to move. Like all places there is good and bad everywhere. Evidently you have not been in South Bogota in some of the barrios there. Compared to that? Miami is very nice. It depends on where you are and your income bracket. I just dont want to see DC traffic in 202x especially if they host the Olympics.

Only for a year until she can get the hang of the US, then we are going to move. Like all places there is good and bad everywhere. Evidently you have not been in South Bogota in some of the barrios there. Compared to that? Miami is very nice. It depends on where you are and your income bracket. I just dont want to see DC traffic in 202x especially if they host the Olympics.

lol..I was actually just kidding...never been to Miami.

As for the traffic and whatnot, Lake Placid, NY which is MUCH smaller then DC hosted the Winter Olympics in 1932 and 1980. In 1980 it was an absolute MESS. I think the United States in general has learned from the mistakes made during that one. IF DC gets the Olympics, I have a feeling that transit will be upgraded, and areas will be revitalized. Keep in mind, if the Olympics do goto DC the venues will be spread out to other outlying areas. Its not like they are going to try and do it all within the city limits.

It would definitely be worth putting up with for that especially if the end result is a beautiful stadium that captures DC. 

Then again, I live 3.5 hours away.

Yah, this place is a living hell. Sometimes you just wish everyone got magically sucked into a black hole so you could experience no traffic for once. Congested out of the ****ing eyeballs. Traffic, all day, every day, 25/8. If the Olympics come here, I hope to be gone by the time they arrive. I've captured way too much DC over the years to give a damn.

I think part of the benefit the Olympics brings is the infrastructure. Sorry to keep using London as an example but it's the best thing I have to go on. Underground & Overground trains and buses were all upgraded in time to bear alot of the load. There will still be some disruption when the time comes but it's temporary and worth it.

The legacy is what is left behind which is a system designed for the capacity of people of an Olympics games (hundreds of thousands) that can then be taken advantage of afterward.

London seems to have done a good job of not leaving any "white elephants" behind. A big part of this for DC would be for the Redskins to have a say in the construction of the Olympic stadium and take over it afterward.

As 1 who lived in Atlanta in 96, I can promise you all it is a fabulous experience. And in fact, the lightest traffic I ever remember. People took time off, companies allowed odd hours and telecommuting options. Roads were almost empty.

The energy was awesome and the party was worth the minor inconveniences.

You're nuts if you don't want one in dc.

I lived in West Palm for 7 years (1999-2005) and my wife has relatives there. It's almost as bad traffic wise as DC. They did widen and fix I-95 from Miami to Port St. Lucie recently, so it us a little better.

Born and raised in N.VA. I understand the trafffic concerns ,but you do not get a oppurtunity to host the Olympics very offen. OK, two weeks of mad crazinessas far as traffic. But look at the potential for everyone to experience a once in a lifetime happening , or to inspire the younger generation to aspire to be a olympic competitor. Plus we get a new Stadium for the Skins, and if I am a bussiness owner in the Wash /Balti area I see$$$$$

• 2 weeks later...

I wish Snyder would say something like this to the media this week.

"The Detroit Lions do NOT beat the Washington Redskins at our house.  NEVER.  In capital letters.  In fact, I'm willing to stake the jobs of Mike Shanahan and Jim Haslett on this belief."

Yeah because that wouldn't be the kiss of death.

Yeah because that wouldn't be the kiss of death.

And he'd be jumped all over for going back to his bad old days and interfering in football matters. 

I honestly don't know what some folk want from the owner, shy of him selling the team. 

His past continues to be at the forefront of everything with many no matter how much he shows he's changed. 

Hail. 

When will Snyder be made to answer the tough questions about this team?  

I wish Snyder would say something like this to the media this week.

"The Detroit Lions do NOT beat the Washington Redskins at our house.  NEVER.  In capital letters.  In fact, I'm willing to stake the jobs of Mike Shanahan and Jim Haslett on this belief."

Neither of these two posts have ANYTHING to do with the thread topic at hand. Both of these bits of driveby drivel could have easily been clicky-clacked out of your keyboard into any number of existing, appropriate threads.

Read more, post less. And start with the Rules.

Archived