Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Comprehensive Nfl Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

With the well documented issues that Richardson has had this week, has Gabe Jackson moved ahead of him in the Guard pecking order? And has anyone found any gametape that matches up with the struggles he's had this week? It doesn't sound like the guy I've seen on tape, but maybe it's been 'sanitised' versions as was being suggested for Hageman. Or perhaps the kids just having a bad week?

Jackson is still my preferred option for a pick at Guard, but the third round looks like it's becoming a pipedream, 34 or nowt?

Richardson was always a little slow in pass pro but he never really played any good DT prospects. I knew Richardson was slow, I just wasn't sure how slow compared to the NFL prospects he would be going against. 

I think Martin is considered a guard prospect due to the short arms.  A few OT's have short arms and have succeeded, but generally the better ones have longer arms.  I heard Martin struggled with bullrushes vs DT's, so I'm not sure if he has the anchor to really take on the big guys.  LG is probably a good spot typically because the lighter DT lines up that side, but I believe it is our RG that is the greatest need to replace.  I can live with lichtensteiger for another year or two, but Chester has got to go.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/michael-schofield-vs-notre-dame-2013/

What in the hell is with Michigan's blocking schemes? Poor Michael Schofield...I had the misfortune of playing in the same type of scheme this year, only difference is he plays at a D1 school and I was a freshmen.. watching him chase the linebackers from the backside is literally the most frustrating thing ever. 

Been working on a new mock draft so here we go guys

I have a feeling we see the move down from 34 to the 40's and add another 3rd round pick at least

2nd(40)- Christian Jones ILB FSU

3rd- Joel Bitonio OT Nevada 

3rd- Pierre Desir CB Lindenwood

4th- Mike Davis WR Texas

5th- Justin Ellis NT LaTech

6th- Ryan Grant WR Tulane

7th- Tom Hornsey P Memphis

I really love this draft. I don't know a ton about Davis or Grant ... but Jones, Bitonio and Desir get me excited. Those three could really step in and start right away   ... and Ellis would provide some real versatility on that line.

If that were the draft, I would imagine we would have gone RG, FS/SS, DE in FA as far as starters ... plus re-sign Orakpo, Riley, Biggers, Hall, and maybe some of the vet depth.

Nice draft.

Jones, Bitonio and Desir get me excited. Those three could really step in and start right away 

Just curious. Why do you think Desir can start from day one? Can we expect a player from Lindenwood to start right away?

If I have time this week then I might take some research in that. Looking at how many rookies start from day 1. 

Just curious. Why do you think Desir can start from day one? Can we expect a player from Lindenwood to start right away?

If I have time this week then I might take some research in that. Looking at how many rookies start from day 1. 

I guess "start from day 1" is a bad way to put it. He SHOULD contribute. And he's also a perfect candidate for us to groom ... wouldn't need to step in immediately ... and Hall/Amerson/Crawford/Biggers could be ahead of him while he adjusts. But honestly any CB in the 3rd would make me happy.

@Mikejoneswapo

Nebraska's Stanley Jean-Baptiste - top CB here (6-4, 215) - said he did meet w #Redskins.

Nice. See, I think a lot of our scheme is to protect our ilb and safeties. We don't trust our safeties to prevent big plays so our corners rarely play press. Meanwhile our olb contain rush because we don't trust our ilb to beat an rb to a hole. It's not about misusing our olbs, it's about protecting our de and ilb.

I hope we get improvements all throughout the middle. Give me dansby and raji in fa and our defense might play completely different. Those guys likely won't demand large contracts, raji coming off a down year and dansby being an older mlb (similar to fletcher when we picked him up). But both of them at their best are all-pro defenders.

Then again, raji probably wants to move to a 4-3 team, and that guy may try to live off 2010, I dunno. And dansby may want to stay in Arizona or played himself into a larger payday than what he's making now.

He didn't look like a week 1 starter in the east west game or the senior bowl. Could be a good role player though. 

Damn, I'm glad we didn't have your 2012 draft! 

At least I admit my faults.

And I would argue that I only missed on my 4th, 5th and 6th rounders.

RG3 is RG3.

Boykin is a solid slot CB that we could use.

And Anger would have been a better P than Rocca.

Though I'm guessing you called Alfred and Cousins.

At least I admit my faults.

And I would argue that I only missed on my 4th, 5th and 6th rounders.

RG3 is RG3.

Boykin is a solid slot CB that we could use.

And Anger would have been a better P than Rocca.

Though I'm guessing you called Alfred and Cousins.

It was more of a joke and less of a serious statement, as the draft is a crapshoot.

So where do people think Martavis Bryant would land?  This is a deep WR class, could he be available with our 4th rounder?

I don't think the 4th is unrealistic.

So where do people think Martavis Bryant would land?  This is a deep WR class, could he be available with our 4th rounder?

Somewhere in that 3rd-4th range 

I remember you being a big Davante Adams fan. What round do you see him going in? 

Late 2nd Early 3rd mainly due to the strength of the class

D&S ... any chance we trade Kirk Cousins for a 2nd (maybe Minnesota) ... then trade #34 down to like #45 and pick up a 3rd? Would absolutely love having two 2nds and two 3rd in this deep draft. I'm sure we could swing a deal to get back in the 2nd and pick up a 3rd if we wanted to ... just not sure we can trade Cousins for a 2nd

D&S ... any chance we trade Kirk Cousins for a 2nd (maybe Minnesota) ... then trade #34 down to like #45 and pick up a 3rd? Would absolutely love having two 2nds and two 3rd in this deep draft. I'm sure we could swing a deal to get back in the 2nd and pick up a 3rd if we wanted to ... just not sure we can trade Cousins for a 2nd

We aren't getting a 2nd for Cousins. Simple as that. He's not proven anything to warrant higher than maybe a 3rd rounder 

Archived