Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Comprehensive Nfl Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

Could you imagine interviewing Sherman though?  I bet that made teams shy away.  And Sherman was 20 pounds lighter than Baptiste, of course he should be quicker.

And for as much as you talk about that one game, it wasn't even a bad game for Baptiste.  He only got beat twice by a 1st round wr, one of which wasn't a completion and was mostly the safety's fault (baptiste had underneath coverage on a curl and go route).  The 2nd time could have been worse had the qb hit Robinson in stride, but Baptiste was still in position to contest that completion and it took a great diving catch by Robinson for it to even be caught.  Other than that he allowed 2 catches for 10 yards.  And that's counting one catch that was a screen for 2 yards.

The point is he let Robinson run past him 3 times and all 3 would've been touchdowns had the qb hit him in stride. He lined up against him 13 times TOTAL. Btw the idea of 20 points lighter= quicker is bull. Just because someone is lighter doesn't necessarily mean they are quicker..

The point is he let Robinson run past him 3 times and all 3 would've been touchdowns had the qb hit him in stride. He lined up against him 13 times TOTAL. Btw the idea of 20 points lighter= quicker is bull. Just because someone is lighter doesn't necessarily mean they are quicker..

Yes, lighter normally means quicker.  It's less mass to move around.  Doesn't mean it's guaranteed, but certainly I think you'd agree that normally lighter guys ARE quicker.

And I only saw 2 times, and again, one of those times was the safety's fault.  Maybe I missed one, but even still that's 13 snaps and he allowed 1 catch for 41 yards against a 1st rounder.  That's not bad at all.  And still you defend Roby against Abbrendis who completely went off against him.

Yes, lighter normally means quicker.  It's less mass to move around.  Doesn't mean it's guaranteed, but certainly I think you'd agree that normally lighter guys ARE quicker.

And I only saw 2 times, and again, one of those times was the safety's fault.  Maybe I missed one, but even still that's 13 snaps and he allowed 1 catch for 41 yards against a 1st rounder.  That's not bad at all.  And still you defend Roby against Abbrendis who completely went off against him.

Getting toasted 3 out of 13 times against a first rounder is one thing, but after watching the rest of his film it is definitely worrisome. From what I have seen SJB pretty much muggs the guy down the field and is a big problem against the smaller, faster players. Against the bigger, slower WRs, he can run with them and therefor cover them down the field. Against the bigger, faster NFL type players, his lack of speed and poor technique was just not up to par, which is why I am more wary of him and not Roby, who has NFL speed and quickness and has been very good his entire career. Roby is also a great special teams player, which is always a plus especially on our team. I'm not saying SJB is a bad player, I'm just saying I wouldn't take him anywhere before the 5th. We also don't play press, so I'm not sure why he even came up in the 1st place. 

Getting toasted 3 out of 13 times against a first rounder is one thing, but after watching the rest of his film it is definitely worrisome. From what I have seen SJB pretty much muggs the guy down the field and is a big problem against the smaller, faster players. Against the bigger, slower WRs, he can run with them and therefor cover them down the field. Against the bigger, faster NFL type players, his lack of speed and poor technique was just not up to par, which is why I am more wary of him and not Roby, who has NFL speed and quickness and has been very good his entire career. Roby is also a great special teams player, which is always a plus especially on our team. I'm not saying SJB is a bad player, I'm just saying I wouldn't take him anywhere before the 5th. We also don't play press, so I'm not sure why he even came up in the 1st place. 

We don't play press because our personnel isn't built to do that, but would you want to mimic the way the incredibly effective seahawks defensive backfield plays, or would you rather maintain the status quo here?  SJB has quick enough feet, look at some of his cutbacks while covering guys.  Might not have long speed, but I maintain if he runs in the 4.5 range he'll be more than ok.

Roby got his hips turned constantly by Abbrederis.  Even got smoked on one play where he got away with a horrible no call on defensive holding earlier in the route, but the qb didn't get it there in stride.  If we're talking about poor technique I'm not sure how you're not docking Roby for that.  Certainly Roby has great speed, but he was getting beat like a drum.  And he's even worse in run support.  Like gets pushed out of bounds bad.  Both Roby and SJB play in the big 10, so we can't really dock CJB for level of competition and not Roby.  And Roby only played a half against Robinson too.  Don't get me wrong, Roby is a fine prospect, but you seem hellbent on downplaying CJB when he's had a more consistent season than Roby.

Does Roby fit our system better?  Sure.  We seem to like giving 10 yard cushions when we have corners with elite recovery speed.  Not sure if our system is what we want to continue though.  Get some corners who can mug and play meaner on defense overall imo.  I'm hoping Haslett changes things up when we have stronger play down the middle, because how things are currently our system is just sad.

Yes, that philosophy worked out so well for Al Davis during the previous decade.

The point is as a coach you take a guy with great physical attributes and you develop him into a great all around player. Just because 1 team failed at doing it doesnt mean that every team has. I mean hell. look at Pierre Garcon. You think he was drafted because he ran good routes? 

Agent confirms Oklahoma CB Aaron Colvin suffered torn ACL

ACLMOBILE, Ala. -- Oklahoma cornerback Aaron Colvin suffered a torn ACL Tuesday afternoon at the Reese's Senior Bowl South squad practice.

Colvin's agent confirmed the injury via Twitter.

Jaguars coach Gus Bradley said he had no additional information on Colvin after the practice. One of the top-performing corners thus far during Senior Bowl week, Colvin will be sidelined for Saturday's all-star game. Florida wide receiver Solomon Patton said he was involved in the practice rep on which the former Sooners star was injured.

"He got tangled up over my foot or something, but I don't know how bad it is," Patton said. "I need to check on him."

Colvin (6-foot, 190 pounds) was a semifinalist for the Thorpe Award as the nation's top defensive back last season.

We don't play press because our personnel isn't built to do that, but would you want to mimic the way the incredibly effective seahawks defensive backfield plays, or would you rather maintain the status quo here?  SJB has quick enough feet, look at some of his cutbacks while covering guys.  Might not have long speed, but I maintain if he runs in the 4.5 range he'll be more than ok.

Roby got his hips turned constantly by Abbrederis.  Even got smoked on one play where he got away with a horrible no call on defensive holding earlier in the route, but the qb didn't get it there in stride.  If we're talking about poor technique I'm not sure how you're not docking Roby for that.  Certainly Roby has great speed, but he was getting beat like a drum.  And he's even worse in run support.  Like gets pushed out of bounds bad.  Both Roby and SJB play in the big 10, so we can't really dock CJB for level of competition and not Roby.  And Roby only played a half against Robinson too.  Don't get me wrong, Roby is a fine prospect, but you seem hellbent on downplaying CJB when he's had a more consistent season than Roby.

Does Roby fit our system better?  Sure.  We seem to like giving 10 yard cushions when we have corners with elite recovery speed.  Not sure if our system is what we want to continue though.  Get some corners who can mug and play meaner on defense overall imo.  I'm hoping Haslett changes things up when we have stronger play down the middle, because how things are currently our system is just sad.

Look bro, I really don't want to go on about this anymore. We both have good points and it's pretty useless to keep talking about these 2 guys as it will go nowhere. Really glad there are some really knowledgeable guys on this thread who you can have intelligent conversations with. Hope I didn't come across as confrontational or anything, but one thing we both agree on is that the defense needs to toughen up and play with an attitude, not just be happy with mediocrity. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000316320/article/agent-confirms-oklahoma-cb-aaron-colvin-suffered-torn-acl

Agent confirms Oklahoma CB Aaron Colvin suffered torn ACL

ACLMOBILE, Ala. -- Oklahoma cornerback Aaron Colvin suffered a torn ACL Tuesday afternoon at the Reese's Senior Bowl South squad practice.

Colvin's agent confirmed the injury via Twitter.

Jaguars coach Gus Bradley said he had no additional information on Colvin after the practice. One of the top-performing corners thus far during Senior Bowl week, Colvin will be sidelined for Saturday's all-star game. Florida wide receiver Solomon Patton said he was involved in the practice rep on which the former Sooners star was injured.

"He got tangled up over my foot or something, but I don't know how bad it is," Patton said. "I need to check on him."

Colvin (6-foot, 190 pounds) was a semifinalist for the Thorpe Award as the nation's top defensive back last season.

Yes, a shame as he would have been a 1st or 2nd round.

Aaron Colvin

I think people can easily miss the things that made Colvin special. He is, like many, an average sized CB for the boundary role, not overly dominate, but just really good all around.

When he wasn't making plays himself, offenses shied away from his side of the field due to his coverage skills, they preferred to attack Sanchez with regularity. Yet Colvin had the inexplicable ability to cover up someones else's mistakes by chasing a play down, getting a runner gone free or adding in support, pass or run, here or there.

He has the ability to make circus PDs and his ability in Man coverage was on display at the beginning of this week in Mobile.

It's frustrating to realize that so many players will be selected before he, if he is at all, that don't really deserve it.

The thing is though, we need to lock down the Nickel DB position, aka, Slot CB before looking for a boundary guy. We need to upgrade over Wilson. Sorry to break it to 'ya folks but we're set at boundary CBs, for this next year at least. Obviously adding a late round guy to the mix, for boundary, goes without mention, happens nearly every year.

So, for all intents, specific to Slot DB, Jimmie Ward would be ideal for us.

The point is as a coach you take a guy with great physical attributes and you develop him into a great all around player. Just because 1 team failed at doing it doesnt mean that every team has. I mean hell. look at Pierre Garcon. You think he was drafted because he ran good routes? 

I agree with that during the later rounds, but I personally think it's not good to spend picks on players with limited football talent, but outstanding physical attributes. I'd rather have a player that knows what he's doing out there. The greatest WR of all time was not overly impressive physically, and supposedly ran a 4.7 40-yard dash. Point being, I'm not going to scoff at a player because he doesn't blow it up at the combine or "measure out well." I find the process very flawed. That being said, I take no issue with taking workout warriors in the later rounds, which is where Garcon was taken.

Redskins’ regime change points spotlight at Scott Campbell, who helps pick players

Campbell and his staff take notes on practice and conduct interviews with players throughout the week. Then, early next week, they will convene at Redskins Park and go over their assessments, hammering out a list of 500 players — down from 1,200 at the start of the college football season — for further evaluation. They’ll whittle another 200 names off that list, compile their rankings and present 300 individual scouting reports to Allen, Gruden and the other coaches.

Yeah, is it bad that the first thing I thought when I saw that Colvin got hurt, after "damn that really sucks, poor guy," was "Oh man ... I'd love to grab him in the 6th or 7th round if he makes it there now.

I imagine in this day and age, he might actually be back for the start of the season ... or mid-season at worst. But he was being touted as a 2nd or 3rd rounder before his impressive senior bowl week ... so he would be a steal either way in the 5th round or later, especially if he can contribute at all in 2014.

I agree with that during the later rounds, but I personally think it's not good to spend picks on players with limited football talent, but outstanding physical attributes. I'd rather have a player that knows what he's doing out there. The greatest WR of all time was not overly impressive physically, and supposedly ran a 4.7 40-yard dash. Point being, I'm not going to scoff at a player because he doesn't blow it up at the combine or "measure out well." I find the process very flawed. That being said, I take no issue with taking workout warriors in the later rounds, which is where Garcon was taken.

Yeah I completely agree. One of the reasons I really don't like Kelvin Benjamin as a prospect. 

I don't know how we don't take Aaron Donald in the 2nd if he is there. Apparently has dominated so far this week and beaten up on Cyril Richardson is particular. 

Yeah I completely agree. One of the reasons I really don't like Kelvin Benjamin as a prospect. 

I don't know how we don't take Aaron Donald in the 2nd if he is there. Apparently has dominated so far this week and beaten up on Cyril Richardson is particular. 

I'm fine with this if we keep Cofield at NT, I guess. But if we are going to drop #34 on a DE he'd better be a damn good force up front.

Just read about how the Panthers were the most improved roster from '12 to '13 and a big reason for that was a swing from -40 from their DTs to a +20 ... big part due to drafting Lotuleilei and Kawan Short ... but a guy like Short can be had in the 2nd round ... and if someone like that is there, I'd be thrilled. It really does all start up front ... I just wish we could get more out of Jarvis Jenkins. I'll be so mad if he doesn't turn into that type of player ... would be such a waste of a 2nd rounder that we desperately NEEDED to pan out.

I'm fine with this if we keep Cofield at NT, I guess. But if we are going to drop #34 on a DE he'd better be a damn good force up front.

Just read about how the Panthers were the most improved roster from '12 to '13 and a big reason for that was a swing from -40 from their DTs to a +20 ... big part due to drafting Lotuleilei and Kawan Short ... but a guy like Short can be had in the 2nd round ... and if someone like that is there, I'd be thrilled. It really does all start up front ... I just wish we could get more out of Jarvis Jenkins. I'll be so mad if he doesn't turn into that type of player ... would be such a waste of a 2nd rounder that we desperately NEEDED to pan out.

My 3 favorite 3-4 end prospects are 1. Hagemen 2. Donald and 3. Easly. Hagemen is almost a sure fire first rounder, so that leaves Donald and Easly. Donald is incredibly quick and strong but the fact that he is 6'0 285 and has relatively short arms means he has a very good chance of falling to us. He is the top penetrating DT prospect in the draft IMO. Easly is another guy I absolutely love. He is bigger than Donald and his "get off" is just as fast if not faster than anyone in this class. He has torn both acl's so he probably wont go until the late 3rd. I think either guy would be an excellent upgrade at end and I don't think Jenkins can be relied on to be a quality starter unless he shows great improvement. 

So, Michael Schofield was named the Player of the Day for the North practice today, Wednesday, Day 3.

Like I said before, he can anchor really well, keeps guys at arms length, can shadow and redirect if not completely stonewall a guy. He panacaked James Gayle something wicked during one-on-ones. A real dominate standout performance, he's as solid as it comes for RT.

So, Michael Schofield was named the Player of the Day for the North practice today, Wednesday, Day 3.

Like I said before, he can anchor really well, keeps guys at arms length, can shadow and redirect if not completely stonewall a guy. He panacaked James Gayle something wicked during one-on-ones. A real dominate standout performance, he's as solid as it comes for RT.

WTF, dude's name is really Michael Schofield? Aka Prison Break?

Archived