Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Comprehensive Nfl Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

Could have sworn those guys ran in the 4.5 range, my mistake. That speed is fine as long as you have great instincts.

It seems doubtful that speed is fine for our scheme.  In a different scheme, sure, but with the degree Haslett has our corners lining up at Safety is a bit startling.  What we're having our players do immediately post-snap doesn't deal with instincts.  They need far more range to help disguise our crazy defense.

Been focusing on FA and starting to develop a Mock Draft and got this so far through four rounds

FA:

Jared Veldheer

TJ Ward

Draft:

2nd- Kyle Fuller

3rd- Denzel Perryman

4th - DeAndre Coleman

Just a rough draft and I think we add more in FA than just 2, but just the major guys for now

If we landed veldheer alone I'd be pretty happy.

Been focusing on FA and starting to develop a Mock Draft and got this so far through four rounds

FA:

Jared Veldheer

TJ Ward

Draft:

2nd- Kyle Fuller

3rd- Denzel Perryman

4th - DeAndre Coleman

Just a rough draft and I think we add more in FA than just 2, but just the major guys for now

I'd be pretty furious if we neglected WR like that, particularly with this draft class and some decent FAs. Don't think CB again in the 2nd is our biggest need. Agree with your two FAs though, those need to happen.

I'd be pretty furious if we neglected WR like that, particularly with this draft class and some decent FAs. Don't think CB again in the 2nd is our biggest need. Agree with your two FAs though, those need to happen.

Completely depends how FA goes.  Right now the only corners on our roster past this year are David Amerson, Richard Crawford (who knows if he's healthy), and Chase Minnifield.  Biggers, Wilson, and Hall are free agents.

I'd think bigger corners that can tackle would be imperative if Haslett stays on as DC.

FA:

Jared Veldheer 

TJ Ward

Draft:

2nd- Kyle Fuller

3rd- Denzel Perryman

4th - DeAndre Coleman

Those would be excellent picks, we need to address WR one way or another though

I will start this off with I am not a Marshall fan, but I first saw Rakeem Cato when they played VA Tech this season and he looked great.

He was running a lot of read option and looked good throwing from the pocket, throwing on the run, running with the ball etc.

I got to thinking he would be perfect for the Redskins to look at in either this year or next years draft (assuming when he comes out of college) also assuming we trade Kirk Cousins at some point within the next year or two.

This would give us a QB who is already running a similar system making some of the same decisions as our current QB and with a very similar skill set (running, throwing, etc.)

The negatives is of course he plays in a weaker conference, and is small (only 6foot and about 192lbs) but from what I have seen since doing research on him is a smart QB who has a better than average arm, good speed and instincts, and actually seems to use his legs to keep defenses honest as in using them when he needs to. He seems to run smart not trying to get too much and does not take a lot of big hits.

I think he would be the perfect understudy to RGIII with again a similar skill set and running a similar offense already in college.

As we have seen this year in the NFL you have to have a solid starter and back up in the NFL these days, and I like what I have seen out of Kirk but we know the offense is different when he is in the game and I think a QB more similar to our starter could suit us better.

This link is to clips from his sophomore year http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw3a70K7CpM

I also think we could get him for a late round draft pick as he does not seem to be on too many peoples radars he could be the steal of the draft either this year or next.

So what do you think Redskins Nation?

FA:

Talib

Nicks

Veldheer

Draft:

Ra'Shede Hageman

Christian Jones

Exum

Dri Archer

Leryla

That's a good 30 million dollars worth of signing bonuses there Vinny, and that's without even getting into the fact that all 3 of those players will draw anywhere between 7-12 mil a year. Also if Veldheer is healthy someone is signing him to play left tackle.

That's a good 30 million dollars worth of signing bonuses there Vinny, and that's without even getting into the fact that all 3 of those players will draw anywhere between 7-12 mil a year. Also if Veldheer is healthy someone is signing him to play left tackle.

1st and foremost those moves are nothing like Vinny. Next with the cap in play again and with certain cuts we should be 42 million under the cap. Those three contracts are not going to take half of that.

Completely depends how FA goes.  Right now the only corners on our roster past this year are David Amerson, Richard Crawford (who knows if he's healthy), and Chase Minnifield.  Biggers, Wilson, and Hall are free agents.

I'd think bigger corners that can tackle would be imperative if Haslett stays on as DC.

Agreed. I think we do go a FA WR though, just couldn't figure out really who we go for. Eric Decker would be my choice as he fits the mold of what we want on O 

The Vinny jokes were good back in 2010. It's now 2013

FA:

Jared Veldheer 

TJ Ward

Draft:

2nd- Kyle Fuller

3rd- Denzel Perryman

4th - DeAndre Coleman

Yeah neither of those guys are going to be allowed to leave...

With Nick's lack of performance this year and last year his price maybe lower. However the question is if we sign him who will we get the good Nicks or the bad Nicks, but I think he would be cheaper.

In terms of CB, I think Hall is a must resign.

If we can snag both Aqib Talib and resign Hall that would be great.

Who are the top SAF in this draft class?

For me:

1st round                                                                                                                         

(JR) Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (Alabama)

2nd

(JR) Ed Reynolds (Stanford)

(JR) Dion Bailey (USC)  

3rd

(SR) Craig Loston (LSU)

(SR) C.J. Barnett (Ohio State)

(SR) Tre Boston (North Carolina)

1st and foremost those moves are nothing like Vinny. Next with the cap in play again and with certain cuts we should be 42 million under the cap. Those three contracts are not going to take half of that.

Before the injury Veldheer would have received upper tier left tackle money, and still could depending on where he's at in terms of health in the spring. Someone always overpays for a player like Nicks believing he can still be a number one receiver, and Talib can shut down one half of the field, which is something maybe only two other cornerbacks in the league can do consistantly. I've seen too many March Lombardi's end up in disaster. We don't need to collect more stars to win. Successful teams know how to correctly use free agency as a supplement and know how to make shrewed signings rather than flashy ones.

If we address safety I would imagine it has to be in free agency. I don't think you invest two draft picks in a position one year and then come back and do it again the next. That being said, we spent a 4th and a 6th on safeties in 2013 ... so it's not like we utilized a top-half draft choice on the position. Still, I'd like to see a little more from Rambo before we write him off ... and who knows with Phil Thomas. My guess is if he is healthy, the team is comfortable moving forward with him at SS. I wouldn't mind addressing FS in free agency and bringing Rambo along as a backup/Dime guy.

FA: Corner (Talib), RT, OL Depth, DE/NT, FS

Draft: WR, ILB, OG, NT, DE, CB, QB (if we trade Cousins)

I would like to see us re-sign Orakpo, Jackson and Hall. I'm not sure what we do at WR ... but if we don't get someone in FA then we have to go WR early in the draft. 

I'd love to just trade Cousins straight up for someone like Josh Gordon or Justin Blackmon, but I don't know how likely that is.

Everyone keeps forgetting about De'anthony Thomas!! Can't pass on him if he is there in the 2nd round which he should be. I'd personally prefer that we fix the secondary with a few vets in FA instead of some new rookies. We can get some decent Oline help a little later in the draft maybe round 3 or 4. Rg3 needs another weapon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVFAPrHwPPQ

With Nick's lack of performance this year and last year his price maybe lower. However the question is if we sign him who will we get the good Nicks or the bad Nicks, but I think he would be cheaper.

In terms of CB, I think Hall is a must resign.

If we can snag both Aqib Talib and resign Hall that would be great.

Nicks is always hurt.  He plays through his injuries and it seriously affects him.  He's quickly getting to the point of being damaged goods.

I'm betting the Patriots franchise Talib.  They've got nobody else worthy of the tag, and they clearly really like how he plays up there.

Nicks is always hurt.  He plays through his injuries and it seriously affects him.  He's quickly getting to the point of being damaged goods.

I'm betting the Patriots franchise Talib.  They've got nobody else worthy of the tag, and they clearly really like how he plays up there.

If we go for an FA WR(Which I think we do) Eric Decker would be my choice 

He's obviously the next WES WELKER AM I RITE??

Haha exactly. But seriously, both him and Jordy Nelson were drafted way lower than they should have been because they were physical WRs that happened to be white. Curious to see how it plays out in FA. Suspect it won't matter as much.

Haha exactly. But seriously, both him and Jordy Nelson were drafted way lower than they should have been because they were physical WRs that happened to be white. Curious to see how it plays out in FA. Suspect it won't matter as much.

Passed up Jordy Nelson and who did we end up drafting? Devin Thomas......

Archived