Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ray Donovan on Showtime

Springfield

Is anyone else watching this show?

It's pretty good. Three episodes in. Liev Shriber (sp?) plays some sort of California bad ass. Lots of ways they can go with the plot lines but it is starting to ramp up.

It's a pretty new show so hopefully the show and the characters will begin to develop! Give it time!

Haven't watch the third episode yet but it's on the DVR and will tonight.

I give the first two very high marks, which is good for Showtime since Dexter has been a let down for the last couple of years.

Good plot so far that can go in a lot of different directions, strong start to the show, and character development has been good with just the right amount of enigma.

I'm excited.

Thank you for this thead. I've DVR'd the show but haven't gotten around to watching it. Mainly because I have no idea what the show is about. Anyone? Spoilers not neede, just a basic rundown of main dude and the setting.

It's centered around Ray Donovan who is, for lack of a better term, a Hollywood "doer". He gets all the stars out of trouble. Murder, drugs, marital problems, transvestite prostitutes, you name it. Apparently he has quite the reputation. Also, he's rich as ****. He's a family man and his family owns some sort of boxing gym.

His father (Voigt) was in prison and has been let out early. Donovan does t like his father and thus this presents a multitude of problems.

The plot lines are still developing...

I could barely get through the first ep. It was real slow. But, I've heard it starts to pick up.

How's that?  After what happens in the first ten minutes right when the dad gets out of prison?  Slow?

Haven't watched episode 3 yet.  We were going to last night but that damn Home Run Derby took up all of my post "kids are asleep" time.  Definitely on the docket for tonight, though.

And I agree FSUSkins.  There is something major we don't know about Pops yet.

Liev and Voight are gold.  Good show though Liev's wife Trixie from Deadwood is one of those wives that just won't listen and her daughter seems the same way....annoying and aren't lookers but they play the role well.

Hopefully we get more development from Bunchy and Frank Whaley's character looks to be interesting ala the stalking sherriff from Boardwalk Empire.

One thing we do know about pops for sure....he's an asshole LOL.

I mean...half-nelson, full-nelson, father nelson....to his molested son. 

Then his side comment in the group meeting SMH.

Voigt is awesome on this show. 

I'm real curious to find out why Ray sent his father to prison and also why he hasn't killed him yet. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hooked. This show is great.

Totally. 

It's so funny how Voigt, this tough guy Irish mobster, is completely head over heels in love with a big booty black chick.   "Oh Claudette.."  LOL.

Surprised I haven't seen a post since Sunday.  I'm absolutely hooked on this show.  Episode 1 sucked me in immediately and I ended up watching all 5 episodes right in a row.  I thought Newsroom was really good but this series is incredible.

looks like **** is gonna hit the fan next week

im really interested to see the backstory on ezra and why he amd ray are so close. ray is all business with everyone except ezra, hes patient and caring with him. ezra seems like a dad to him.

Voigt's character has so much swag. sp far my fav characters are the boxing trainer brother and ray's right hand man who follows people.

looks like **** is gonna hit the fan next week

im really interested to see the backstory on ezra and why he amd ray are so close. ray is all business with everyone except ezra, hes patient and caring with him. ezra seems like a dad to him.

Voigt's character has so much swag. sp far my fav characters are the boxing trainer brother and ray's right hand man who follows people.

I didn't realize Ray's right hand man was Manny in Scarface

I like that the show has a good sense of timing when it comes to the comedy bits. The agent on LSD was hilarious.

Archived