Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ray Donovan on Showtime

Springfield

this season doesn't pack the punch of the 1st year but it is still really good.

I lost it when Mick told his son to put on the chauffer's hat.... and then told that joke about acne and priests. Jon Voight is so great.

Yep, Voight is soooo good.  I really like his character.  the chauffer's hat comment made me laugh out loud. 

That poor old Cadillac, it was in mint condition.  Was.  LOL.

It's been a great show, but this season has fallen off a tad compared to last season, so I do agree with USS on that.  But the ship is still sailing, no doubt.  After the last episode where he just came out and basically said I'm a criminal laundering money through our gym, I expect season 3 to be better.  I would think they would focus on somehow going after Ray now (Feds and all).

I love Ray, he's a dark dude. Calculated, uses people, abuses relationships, etc. But deeeeep down inside, he's a sweetheart.

Yeah, the difference between him and Tony Soprano is T would whack a guy on suspicion or lash out without reason, whereas Ray never goes overboard, outside of shooting that pedophile.

• 4 weeks later...

agreed, its getting really good.  I wanna jump out there and say Ray Donovan is a top 5 show on TV right now.  well written, great acting (mick, ray, and the brothers anyway), and I love Ray's personality of a sleazy extortionist, yet he's a sweetheart.

And his sidekicks are awesome, Javi and the chick.

I hope Avi is still around next year. Gotta love a cold blooded killer so devoted to his Mom, a real Lepke Buchalter!

I'm guessing next season the ginger whore of a wife goes back to Ray, and the cop gets obsessed with nailing him since he can't nail her anymore.

LOVED the bit about it's 500k IF you split it, one million if you don't. ...

LOVED the bit about it's 500k IF you split it, one million if you don't. ...

that was good.  Ray was just waiting for the gunshot.  The finale closed quite a few story lines, I wonder where they're gonna go next season.  The reporter is dead, Cookie is dead, Mickey skipped town, the FBI dude's career is over, that rich dude who beat his girlfriend and killed the stalker is going to jail, Terry is going to jail (most likely).  Damn near all the drama from this season is resolved....next season is wide open

I like Avi too, he's actually my favorite character on the show.  I hope he's back next season

that was good.  Ray was just waiting for the gunshot.  The finale closed quite a few story lines, I wonder where they're gonna go next season.  The reporter is dead, Cookie is dead, Mickey skipped town, the FBI dude's career is over, that rich dude who beat his girlfriend and killed the stalker is going to jail, Terry is going to jail (most likely).  Damn near all the drama from this season is resolved....next season is wide open

I like Avi too, he's actually my favorite character on the show.  I hope he's back next season

next season could have Avi & Ray beefing, they laid some ground work for it this season. Abby's cop friend might snap and come looking for Ray, and the guy who lost his FBI position could want some revenge.

I liked Cookie though, sad to see him go. I like my villains with a little comedic edge to their games.

next season could have Avi & Ray beefing, they laid some ground work for it this season. 

they definitely did.  it was difficult for me to watch at times.  Avi is such a good dude, and its clear his loyalty lies with Ray.  Yet Ray treated him like crap the entire season, being short with him, cursing at him, etc.  Avi genuinely cares about Ray, but Ray does nothing but poop on him in return.  I know Ray has a lot on his plate, but don't treat Avi and the other cool chick who works for him like crap all the time.

I just realized that the cop banging Ray's wife was the dickead FBI agent from Boardwalk Empire last season. 

The problem I have is that it appears the entire show needs to change, based on last episode.

Yes, it was a great episode and lots happened.  The issue now is what is Ray going to do?  He effed himself with Ezra, he killed Cookie, he effed over a top FBI agent, and had his prime employer put in jail.

I don't see how he keeps being 'the helper to the stars' in LA after all that.

• 11 months later...

I searched for this thread, had me if it was even ES that had the stand alone Ray thread

Liev's confession scene. Wow!

Terry! thank god. He's my favorite character on the show, he can't die

Voight has been so good, I really hope he's around for season 4. But like Riggo said, maybe he's finally realizing that everything he touches goes to ****, and being around his family brings them into his drama. He almost got his son killed

Bridgette is so annoying. I'm glad Bunch is happy. So happy to see Avi back, his loyalty to Ray never wavers

I'm excited to see if there's a new dynamic between Ray and his family, now that he's had a good cry lol

Most vulnerable we've ever seen Ray before, and it seemed like he was carrying a lot of guilt, confusion, and rage.

Wonder where the story will take us for season 4. Could the Manassians come back like she said they would before Mick slit hee throat? For the first time in a long time, all the side stories seem to have been closed, kinds felt series finale'ish like MonK said. Season 4 is wide open

Archived