Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Joe Theismann replace Sam Huff

jwickersfo

I like B Mitch on 980 but he'd make a terrible color guy.

Doc did a good job last year, I wouldn't mind him taking over.

Theismann is okay but I think I'd get annoyed with him doing all 16 games a year. I like him doing preseason games though.

Wow, I had to re-check where I was; for a moment I thought I was on the NFLN with Sterling Sharpe and Baldinger with all the hate on Joey T. in here!

The guy was a big part in getting us a Lombardi trophy,  he loves the Redskins, and i'm sure he has forgotten more about football than any of us will ever learn,  so cut the guy a little slack.

If you wanna call someone a tool, look no further than Sterling; loud, over-bearing, and absolutely cannot stand for anyone to make a point against his opinion.

I realize Joe is very one sided, but the man is intelligent and knows the game of football.  If I was able to listen to the radio broadcast, I would want the commentary slanted in our favor, but with common sense.  If I wanted an unbiased opinion, I'd leave the TV announcers on.

Joe's problem is, I think he tries too hard.  He wasn't the most physically gifted of QBs out there, so he always had to prove himself on the field that he belonged and unfortunately that has transferred over to the booth.  If he would just relax and call the game and not try to make it more difficult than it should be, he'd be fine.

Also, Doc Walker sucks.  Sorry, but he calls ACC games down here and he comes up with some of the lamest, macho bull**** that I've ever heard.  "You got to man up.  Be a man, blah, blah, blah."  No thanks.  And also, he's for the Redskins changing their name.  He always calls them the Skins.  I don't think he should be on a Redskins broadcast if he hates the name. 

Wow, I had to re-check where I was; for a moment I thought I was on the NFLN with Sterling Sharpe and Baldinger with all the hate on Joey T. in here!

The guy was a big part in getting us a Lombardi trophy,  he loves the Redskins, and i'm sure he has forgotten more about football than any of us will ever learn,  so cut the guy a little slack.

If you wanna call someone a tool, look no further than Sterling; loud, over-bearing, and absolutely cannot stand for anyone to make a point against his opinion.

Don't disagree with Joey T helping win the first Lombardi... But Sterling isn't calling games for my Redskins.  And I'm going out on a limb when I say this, but Sterling also didn't say he played for the Redskins to honor Native Americans and Sterling didn't compare John Beck to Drew Brees.

The list gets worse if you want it to.

And also, he's for the Redskins changing their name.  He always calls them the Skins.  I don't think he should be on a Redskins broadcast if he hates the name. 

I think he calls them "the Burgundy and Gold" or "the three time world champions" ... which should be five ;)

But great point none the less.  I liked him on the sidelines.  He's good at that.

Don't disagree with Joey T helping win the first Lombardi... But Sterling isn't calling games for my Redskins.  And I'm going out on a limb when I say this, but Sterling also didn't say he played for the Redskins to honor Native Americans and Sterling didn't compare John Beck to Drew Brees.

> 

OK, pobody's nerfect .  Maybe he was merely stating that Beck and Brees were both white or something? :P

Gotta admit,  he knows the x's & o's, he's played the game,  you can understand everything he says, unlike the clowns on NFLN who get emotional and begin to butcher the english language,  and he has a knowledge of the team's history and the players who put on the burgundy & gold.

Just my opinion...

>> 

lockquote>

OK, pobody's nerfect .  Maybe he was merely stating that Beck and Brees were both white or something? :P

Gotta admit,  he knows the x's & o's, he's played the game,  you can understand everything he says, unlike the clowns on NFLN who get emotional and begin to butcher the english language,  and he has a knowledge of the team's history and the players who put on the burgundy & gold.

Just my opinion...

That was the funniest post I've seen all day, great one-liner, there.  You get a like from me :)

And I'm not going to argue with anyone about his value to the franchise or his acumen, but lord help me if I won't be able to stomach him for 20 games plus playoffs...

Think about how much ass Larry Michael kisses... on the radio, on Redskins Nation, whenever he gets the chance.  And Larry is a heck of a nice guy and a great fan... but it's a bit too much.

Now think about how much ass Joey T kisses (to the extent of him taking it upon himself to annoints Beck as the next Drew Brees... or takes it upon himself to say what was possibly the dumbest thing I've heard all year when saying he played for the Redskins to honor Native Americans) and put them in the booth together... for 4 preseason and 16 regular season games... and then the playoffs... pre-game... post-game..... I'm telling you... you'll need an umbrella to stay dry.

On the other hand, BMitch and Dexter Manley?  Two hilarious guys who also know football, who love the team, who are honest and fair... and that is must listen radio. 

Mitch and Dexter actually talk about stories of other players and things that went on in the locker room that were funny and how that related to what changed and what happened on the field.  And they are normally pretty funny and very interesting, I mean, Jack Black?  Come on...

Joey is such a hero in his own comic book, it's got real potential to be a disaster.  I mean... he is such a hero he has come out and said he has interest. 

Well, I guess you would have a better viewpoint; I am down in southeast Texas, where men are

men and sheep are scared, and don't have the luxury of hearing Manley and others on the radio.

I get to listen to hopeless hapless half-in half-out half-ass crybabies building their Cowboys up for yet another disaster, which I do find somewhat synically amusing, sprinkled in with the "we will overcome one day" Texans fans.

Gotta admit, it would be rather hilarious hearing Joey in spanish format, but I'd prob join alongside you at that point, doubting the translator could keep up with the enthusiasm... :D

How do Son and Riggo get along? I don't recall any bad blood between them. In fact, didn't they use to do the 'Redskins Report' together with George Michael? Because Riggo would be an absolute hoot!A

As to Theisman .. I like Theisman as an announcer, but I would rather have Riggo.

As someone stated the Huff retirement thread, Riggo and Snyder have bad blood fuel between them.

Yeah, I'd love Riggo because of his honesty and his knowledge of the game... but I'm pretty sure he said something to the effect of "Snyder has a dark heart".

It could happen, but that's got the makings of a Jerry Jones - Jimmy Johnson relationship and we are only talking about color commentary here, lol.

I actually think that Riggo and Snyder could patch things up pretty easily .. if they haven't done so already.

Riggos heart is no longer in football. That was obvious with his last show and the way he walked away.

You need someone spontaneous and fast on their feet in the booth. Charles Mann would not be good in the booth. You could not trust Dexter no telling what he will say. you would need a 10 sec delay with him. I like Doc and Bmitch on espn and Comcast. I am not sure how either would do in the broadcast booth.

I have not listened to the radio broadcasts since Frank has let go. I used to play radio and watch tv. We always went away hunting on opening day of deer season so every sunday we sat around the campfire and listened to the broadcasts. It did not seem like hunting season unless we were listening to the Skins the night before. I do not have the foggiest idea who was on before Frank,Sam and sonny

Lets go in a different direction. Get me these two guys. :)

Joey Styles : Rak has Romo sits to pee on the table. Oh my GAWD DHall just poured lighter fluid ALL over the table !!!! Coefield climbs to the top of the goal post & calls for the elbow drop.

Good ol JR: god almighty he just broke that boy in two

Lets go in a different direction. Get me these two guys. :)

Joey Styles : Rak has Romo sits to pee on the table. Oh my GAWD DHall just poured lighter fluid ALL over the table !!!! Coefield climbs to the top of the goal post & calls for the elbow drop.

Good ol JR: god almighty he just broke that boy in two

Bah gawd it's a....

27473739.jpg

I think it would be great to have Joe. I think he did a great job with ESPN years back. Not sure why people have any issues with him, everybody who has nothing but good things to say on a personal level with him.

After Sunny steps down, adding Charles Mann to the crew would make the perfect team.

Mann is eloquent, but would need some time to refine his skills as a color commentator.

Doc has experience broadcasting in both the college and pro game. He's got the skills, the passion, the experience, and he's a Redskin. He'd be a perfect replacement.

Joe Theismann has earned the privilege of doing CC on any Redskin broadcast that is willing to hire him. He's concise, professional, and well-intentioned.

I really don't get the attitude toward him from Redskin fans, despite his athlete's ego. Joey T's a pretty good dude who led us to 2 SBs.

I think Joe and Doc would make a great color team with any play-by-play guy.

No insult to any of the mentioned, but, for instance;

Bill Walsh;  great coach, similar to Gibbs, innovative, nice guy. But, when he did commentating,3

every 3rd word out of his mouth was 49er this, 49er that, 49er other. It seemed arrogance had

taken over, but it was the way he was.

Troy Aikman; yea, he has 3 rings,  but he reflects back on his playing time during comments, but

he doesn't seem like a 100% homeristic idiot.

Phil Simms; maybe he had too many hits to the head, but he's just as guilty as everyone else on

reflections.

Sterling Sharpe; god, don't get me started.

The thing with Joey T is no different, except he will call it like he sees it. I've heard him flat out criticize

his beloved Redskins on more than one instance; something I really haven't heard any of the above

do.  Mass hysteria has enveloped some into believing he is an airbag; the guy knows his stuff, he

doesn't rattle off nonsense for the sake of hearing himself talk, and it might be a case of envy to some.

If anything, ask yourself this; if you were given the opportunity to do color commentation with Joe, would

you turn the job down, because it was Joe?   I doubt it.

SIC

I doubt it would be Joe, simply because the dynamic they've had is an offensive color expert and a defensive color expert.

given there's no defensive experts ready to step in, I doubt they'd go with a second QB.

Doc Walker, if anyone.

but wouldn't it be great if they stubbornly decided they HAD to have a defensive expert, and hired Dexter Manley?

~Bang

Ouch! Don't know if I could listen to Dex butcher the English language for 3 solid hours every Sunday.

Archived