Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Monty Williams's wife died in a car accident. Jeez. Really sad news. Williams is a great guy and I feel terrible for him and his family.

Just devastating.  I didn't know how much of a good guy Williams was until I read the Ryan Anderson article last year.  Life just isn't fair. 

http://news.yahoo.com/steph-curry-just-shooter-charles-134059657.html

DIME: We saw in the early 2000s with Shaquille O’Neal that it was obvious that he was going to score – just with his sheer power, size, and skill. It was kind of the same with you in the early 1990s, too. Does Steph compare to that at all? That feeling of inevitability you guys provided at your peak?

Charles Barkley: He’s just a great shooter. It’s a totally different animal.

But he’s more than a shooter, right? Because he’s –

No. He’s not more than a shooter. He’s just a great shooter.

So he’s not an incredible playmaker? Doesn’t make the game easier on his teammates? Stuff like that?

I wouldn’t say that. But he’s not a great playmaker. He’s just a great shooter.

Barkley gonna Barkley

Also I just saw Steph Curry go 9 for 10 and make like 8 threes in the first 14 minutes of play two weeks ago. Dribble pullups from 27 feet and shots coming off screens where he took a quarter of a second to square his body to the rim and release. You simply can not guard that. Gary Payton in his prime couldn't guard that. There is currently nothing more terrifying and unstoppable in the NBA than Curry when he gets hot from long range. There has never been a shooter like him before, and it makes Golden State's offense go. These guys are like the huge technological advancement of artillery during and after the Napoleonic Wars. Just killing people en masse, forcing sweeping tactical changes, and only two or three other teams are equipped to battle with them.

They are dominant and Barkley is just mad that the basketball from his era has become so obsolete.

If you had the power to make teams accept trades like you can in NBA 2K, what moves would you make?

I'd start with:

1.) LeBron back to Miami

2.) Chris Paul to Indy

3.) Blake Griffin to Rockets

4.) Matt Barnes to Rockets

5.) DeAndre Jordan to Dallas

6.) Kyrie Irving to New Orleans

7.) DeMarcus Cousins to Portland

8.) Carmelo Anthony to Chicago

9.) Giannis Antetokounpo to New York

10.) Kevin Love to DC

11.) Andre Drummond to Toronto

I'd have zero problems cannibalizing the Cavs and Clippers and making Houston the most unlikable team possible.

Almost forgot one final one:

12.) Lance Stephenson to the Lakers

I love Barkley and I agree with him in most instances. He's very smart. Not sure why he is holding this grudge against jump shooting teams/Warriors/Steph so badly. It's not a good look for him

I love Barkley too.  

He's doing it because it is entertaining for him to keep doing so, and he is an entertainer first and foremost.   

If you had the power to make teams accept trades like you can in NBA 2K, what moves would you make?

I'd start with:

1.) LeBron back to Miami

2.) Chris Paul to Indy

3.) Blake Griffin to Rockets

4.) Matt Barnes to Rockets

5.) DeAndre Jordan to Dallas

6.) Kyrie Irving to New Orleans

7.) DeMarcus Cousins to Portland

8.) Carmelo Anthony to Chicago

9.) Giannis Antetokounpo to New York

10.) Kevin Love to DC

11.) Andre Drummond to Toronto

I'd have zero problems cannibalizing the Cavs and Clippers and making Houston the most unlikable team possible.

Almost forgot one final one:

12.) Lance Stephenson to the Lakers

You forgot Durant to Golden State.  :)  

Also I just saw Steph Curry go 9 for 10 and make like 8 threes in the first 14 minutes of play two weeks ago. Dribble pullups from 27 feet and shots coming off screens where he took a quarter of a second to square his body to the rim and release. You simply can not guard that. Gary Payton in his prime couldn't guard that. There is currently nothing more terrifying and unstoppable in the NBA than Curry when he gets hot from long range. There has never been a shooter like him before, and it makes Golden State's offense go. These guys are like the huge technological advancement of artillery during and after the Napoleonic Wars. Just killing people en masse, forcing sweeping tactical changes, and only two or three other teams are equipped to battle with them.

They are dominant and Barkley is just mad that the basketball from his era has become so obsolete.

It's like Barkley refuses to see the difference between what this team does and like what - I dunno - Alex English's Nuggets did. Or something.

Curry is not endless running around screens. He's not waiting for a kick-out pass out of the post.

He's either creating space off the dribble, attacking out of pick and rolls, or attacking in transition. He's also become one of the best passers in the league which is part of the reason why he still gets space even though giving him space is stupid.

He is not Reggie Miller. Reggie couldn't really hurt you off the dribble. And he wasn't going to immediately find an open man for a dunk if you ran an extra guy off him.

I agree that Barkley has a very specific idea of what basketball should be and the Warriors don't fit that idea.

I agree that Barkley has a very specific idea of what basketball should be and the Warriors don't fit that idea.

And what Barkley thinks basketball should be is something that it really only was for about 15 years - from 1990 to 2005 or so.  

It took the NBA years to realize that the artificial constraints created by the illegal defense rule were gone, and what that would mean for the scoring effectiveness of post up play vs. creating open shots by movement and passing.   The only reason Barkley style post ups were so effective is because the rules favored them by forbidding effective defenses against them.